Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Hi to the whole group! I hope I can join in......I find it so motivating to be accountable in writing (errr...typing).

My current weight is knocking on the 170's door and I'm exercising 6 days a week to really try and make this happen this time. I'm doing low carb WOE.

Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you all.
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #122  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

zogo Hi and Welcome to the Check-In! We look forward to getting to know you.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #123  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

zogo glad to have you

Last night I asked DH how much he weighed, he didn't know as he hasn't weighed in 2 years (since hospital stay). I asked him to please weigh in the morning, he asked why. I told him that I have outweighed him since giving birth to our first child (15 years ago) and I WANT to weigh less than him. Well since I'm at a low (as of yesterday...haven't weighed yet today) I was hoping I was finally under him.

I know it seems petty, but I WANT it so bad. It's very depressing to know a shorty like me outweighs my husband He weighed...now he's depressed! He said he's happy that I weigh less than him (YAY ME) but he hates that he weighs this much. I asked his highest remembered weight (258) then I said to reason it out...He's a man, he's 5'9" and his highest (not current) weight was 258. I'm a woman, 5'4 (with shoes...so what, I count my shoes ) and my highest known weight (only a year ago) was 283.

That didn't help. He asked when I worked out. I said it depended, but it sounded like he wanted to join me. Ugh, my zen. I'd do it if it motivated him to work out. But he's a partner (the licensed one) so he doesn't have a lot of time and he travels a lot. But I think he's not liking my boastful attitude. It's not a nanny nanny boo boo thing, it's just glee because I'm doing it, I'm really doing it.

He also showed me two ways of doing push ups. I didn't know there was more than "girl", "boy" The ones I did yesterday work the chest, he said. If I want guns (and he knows I do) he showed me how to do it. He used to work out a lot, but then he decided to build his own company. Being the boss is very taxing. So I told him he could show me a lot, if we did work out together. Trying to think positive on this.

Anyway, I thought I would share that bit of info. I hope you all have a happy and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

In the cheap thrills department, this mornings inner monologue:

Did he just check out my boobs? It happened again! He did check out my boobs! Do they look good? Or do they look weird?

This honestly sent me to the bathroom to check. They're riding a little higher than usual, but nothing looked amiss. This was from a guy I work with that I like and respect. I know he likes and respects me, and is perfectly capable of having a professional conversation without ogling.

My husband has been in a major, long-term depression and our sex-life is pretty much non-existent. If this work guy wants to glance while we're getting our coffee, before we settle down to talk shop, no problems here. I'll take my thrills where I can get them.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #125  
Life is about balance

zoodoo you're hysterical, but I hear ya. As long as he doesn't make you uncomfortable or starts to drool, what does it hurt right? Besides it's nice to be "appreciated" even by others, our inner ego needs it once in awhile
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #126  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Zoodoo: Thank you for your inner monologue today! That was awesome!

Persistence pays off, gang! My scale gave me a whoosh of 1.4 this morning so I'm now back down to 185 on the money! This puts me at only 1.2 away from my all time low. I feel a big portion of that is water as my thighs are still REALLY sore.

Buddy, I'm drinking water and eating on plan like nobody's business! I WILL get back to my low! I'm feeling good today!

Taking a half day today. Maxwell has a carnival at Tae Kwondo today. Complete with games and all kinds of stuff. It's for a good cause. So he asked me if I could go and I, of course, told him that I had to work. He was instantly HEART BROKEN. I mean to the point of tears!!! That has never happened before! He said he was going to be the only one without a parent there and that I ALWAYS had to work! I felt horrible. That was yesterday. It happened again this morning except he burst into tears when talking about the carnival and how much he wanted me to be there. I told him that I would be a little late but I would get there today to spend time with him. So thankful for my amazing boss.

Talk about playing my heartstrings like a $2 fiddle. I can't wait to share this with him. He's so happy that I'm going to be there. I'll take pics with my phone because I think I left my camera at my friends house last weekend.

I'll talk to you all later on today. Have a great one!!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #127  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Berry Congrats on the new low! Thats always a great feeling.

ZooDoo I love it! I get the dh thing...mine is having his own issues. It's always nice to get attention, sometimes its even nicer when it's from a nonbiased outside source.

Weighed in this morning at 163.6 and the Poncho dog is doing very well this morning. I took his IV out and he's happy to eat his chicken baby food. When we came in from outside he went straight to the kitchen to ask for his breakfast. I'm happy to say he is out of the woods and now it's just a matter of getting him back on solid food. I cant believe he made it through this. What a man. Happy day to all!

Last edited by DZackery; 08-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Persistence pays off, gang! My scale gave me a whoosh of 1.4 this morning so I'm now back down to 185 on the money! This puts me at only 1.2 away from my all time low. I feel a big portion of that is water as my thighs are still REALLY sore.
Vixsin Way to go, congratulations!!

:

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #129  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Zoodoo Love that inner monologue and there is something really nice about feeling you "got it" and getting a look over (in a non creepy way) is, well, a great ego boost! I so get it!

DZachery So happy Poncho is doing better.

Vixsin What a great treat you are giving your son and yay for you and getting really close to your all time low again. THAT my dear is what this is all about, not giving up when things get tough.

Mamakat I've never weighed less than my husband - not ever. Now, if he wouldn't have dropped weight this spring, I would be close to his weight (188), but he's lost weight, so... nope. My initial goal is 175. He currently weighs 173. Grrrr..... And he's 7 inches taller than me.

Zogo A big welcome to the thread!

For me, did studio cycling this morning. It was OK, but I prefer Zumba, BodyStep and BodyPump to it. I'm not big into repetitive stuff, which is why I don't do machines.

Sorry if this is TMI, but hey, it's life. Another problem is that I have bladder issues. I've been doing kegels quite faithfully for a month (will give it another month), but I leak with any jumping, running, and now I know, with pedaling a bike and standing over the pedals. Same with when I sneeze or when I vomit when I'm sick. I can't stop the flow of urine either when peeing. I can feel the muscles tightening when I do kegels, but there is this area that does nothing... like that part of the muscle is severed or dead. I know what is SUPPOSED to happen, but my pelvic floor muscles can't do it. I think surgery to repair will be in order if I ever want to be able to do any of those things again - like running, jumping, bike riding while standing over the pedals, can't do propulsion with step aerobics either. I guess delivering naturally a 10 lbs 9 oz and a 11 lbs 14 oz baby did a number on those muscles!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Melissa, I, too, had a large baby, my 3rd was 10lb 1oz. And I've got the same problem (my gyn blames that big baby boy). When I started p90x a couple months ago, I needed to use a liner every day. Now that I'm getting in better shape, it has improved significantly. But, I do usually choose the low impact version of exercises and I rationalize that it is better for my joints. I do pee countless times a day and I know what you feel like as sneezes are always risky!
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #131  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Good morning ladies!

Well, I have one more week before the doctor cleared me to work out again. I'm hoping my nose clears out by then, cuz I'm still pretty congested, but a week from now should be okay. I weighed in this morning, at home, so the scale isn't the same as the one I use at the gym to weigh in officially, but it looks like it is down 2-3 lbs. Not bad considering my eating has been way off since the surgery.

I think it's time to buckle down. I'm going to try a recipe tonight for roasted kohlrabi, and some chicken. Does anyone have any lean protein ideas other than chicken (but just as cheap)? Chicken is getting REALLY old every night.

Heading to the local farmer's market Saturday. I want the good stuff at my finger tips.

Zogo
Mamakat - Having a workout buddy is great. I usually workout with my friend Sally. DF wants to badly, but he is always so tired from work.
Zoodoo - It's the small affirmations in life . Dealing with depression is hard, I hope your husband begins feeling better soon.
Vixsin Aww! what a sweetie! Remember these days, so you'll have happy memories when he hits those teenage years and asks you to drop him off for school three blocks from the door, LOL
DZachery - Yay Poncho! So happy he likes his baby food!
Berry - Zumba has always been something I wanted to try. Someday...
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #132  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Welcome zogo!
I had a whoosh last night! I'm still holding a little water weight (I'm still 1.2 higher than my lowest low last week), but 3.8lb came off last night. Woohoo! DF and I have been playing Ghostbusters for the Wii and my arms are so sore! Wrangling ghosts is hard lol. So I made it through last night without snacking like crazy. I had one stick of string cheese. I'm glad I did because of the whoosh this morning. My kitchen is very old and can't really be babyproofed so the baby gate it is for now. My dd also isn't one for sitting and playing. She likes to explore and toys don't really hold her interest for long.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #133  
Life is about balance

Ok, I missed weigh in opportunity so I don't know if this +3lbs means anything, but I don't really care either way. 243 is the devil

I went out today for a new updated MP3 player b/c mine was too bulky and got in the way. The new one clips onto my shirt. It was super cheap so not sure how long it will last. My last one couldn't have been 10 bucks, but like I said it was bulky. I'm waiting for my music to down load so I can go exercise.

I bought 2 exercise bras, OK one didn't even come down over my shoulders let alone my chest...who the heck can wear that bra? The other one is tight, I like it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it off, but the girls are put away which is way more than I could say from my old tired bras Oh man, you gotta love when you can complain that your clothes are TOO BIG.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #134  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
I bought 2 exercise bras, OK one didn't even come down over my shoulders let alone my chest...who the heck can wear that bra? The other one is tight, I like it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it off, but the girls are put away which is way more than I could say from my old tired bras Oh man, you gotta love when you can complain that your clothes are TOO BIG.
But it's no fun buying bras! I tried one on that I had to contort myself to get into and then it smashed my boobs down before being able to lift them into the cup. No way could I wrestle into that on a daily basis. It was one with the strap going down the middle of the back - no fasteners. NO WAY!

Edit - wait a minute, you bought a bra that you can't get on? was it mail order? if so RETURN IT.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 08-18-2011 at 12:51 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #135  
Life is about balance

Berry I bought two. The one that I can't get on has a fastener...I like my sports bras without as they rub a lot. Lately I've been wearing regular bras but with a tank underneath it, to soak up sweat and keep the rubbing down. I'm very sensitive to rubbing. I swear this bra went over my head and stopped just above my (ahem) cleavage. It was nowhere near fitting. I've never ever had that happen as I have a short shoulder chest ratio (only way I can think to say that). This bra could only fit a child yet sold in the adult area....anyway it's definitely going back. I'm still in the other one and still wondering if I'll be able to get out b/c I'm exactly how you described, I'm in there tight