Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm a huge advocate of counseling as well...there doesn't have to be anything "wrong" with you to go to counseling. Think of it as a way to better understand yourself. It is an exercise in self-relection and can teach you how to be nice and gentle to yourself the same way I'm sure you are nice and gentle to others. It takes time and it is painful at times but it is well worth the journey. Anything hard usually is.

Do you like pets/have any? For people that love animals, I find that they can get you moving (especially dogs)/playing/happy like nothing else I know.

Huge hugs to you.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

You have to take care of your head before you can take care of your heart. Best of luck in your mental well being. Hoping that even if you don't 'talk' to someobody that you got on some medications or at least let someone talk to you. Sometimes counselors don't want to hear what you have to say...they need you to listen to them. Let them teach you ways to cope with your mental health and find alternative ways to get happier in your sould and mind.

Often though....don't cheat yourself from the idea that with a short period of time that healthy foods and regular daily exercise can do that for you as well. That my stranger friend can be proven time and time again around here.

the question will always lie in the true desire, the creation of a plan and the implementation on your part....no one can want this for you or do it for you!

Best of Luck
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #18  
Time To Do It

S/C/G: 295/291.6/200

Okay I have to chime in. From a person who has went through depression and feeling hopeless. I sit here typing to you, at 291 lbs, 100 pounds overweight, that if I can do this, you can! Start very slowly, just make one small change in your eating and lifestyle. Don't start out cold turkey, that will only get you frustrated and set you up to fail. You have to really think about something...life is so precious. We all don't know how long we have here...to enjoy life, enjoy family, enjoy friends, to just enjoy the air we breathe. Don't give up, you deserve to be happy. I know you can do this. I am doing it. I am doing it because if I don't, I won't be here to enjoy anything that life has to offer. Chin up
mommyandwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I would recommend seeing a therapist who can help you get things in line.

Also, get all the sweets out of your house. Replace them with healthy snacks like vegetables, so that even if you do binge, you are binging on something that is low in calories... take ANYTHING out of your house that would be a temptation. Do you have roommates or family living with you to keep you accountable? I'm sure they'd help.
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote