Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #16  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

If you are hungry, then that's actually a good sign. Running is speeding up your metabolism! That said...I definitely wouldn't stop running to lose weight. That IMHO, would be self defeating. You can always just eat a little more. That's what I did. I usually made a nice protein smoothie or that I drank right after my run (or I had an Atkins Choco-Peanut Butter Protein bar w/16 oz water):

1 scoop zero carb vanilla isopure whey
1/2 banana
handful strawberries
1/4 cup regular milk
2-3 tsp splenda
lots and lots of ice

Makes about 32 oz of frosty, delishous, very filling goodness! If your still hungry after that...you can always eat some juicy type fruit like watermelon or pineapple, etc.

Happy eating.

Last edited by joyfulloser; 07-28-2011 at 03:22 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I am so glad you posted this. I started jogging a week ago to train for a 5k and I stopped for now because it was making me feel like I needed to eat everything in sight. It made me ravenously hungry to the point that I was in tears. I'm back to normal now, so I would say maybe cut down on the exercise a bit and/or up the calories a bit to help.
I remember reading about the gold medal swimmer Phelps and how he swims about six hours a day while consuming 12,000 calories daily (yes, you read that right). And as you can tell from his swim physique, he had no fat on him. Lots of exercise does chew up lots of calories. It's why the folks on the A&E show "Heavy" lose so much - they burn so many calories doing so much exercise while only eating about 1200 calories a day.

However, I do the equivalent of about a three mile run a day, but I only eat around 1600 calories a day, and it's taken that (after much experimentation) for me to finally break my body's death grip on my fat cells and lose. If I ate a little more on account of my exercise because I thought I earned it, I'd go back to my plateau. But we're all different; you have to experiment and see if it works for you.

Last edited by tricon7; 07-28-2011 at 04:36 PM.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote