Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #1  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

Default I am SO frustrated!!!

Since I messed up my ankle at work last week Tuesday I havent been able to do ANYTHING including weighing myself! LOL I wanted to make sure I didn't gain any weight so I checked my waist measurement....I LOST an inch! So now I want to know how much Ive lost!!! LOL Not only that but I want to be mobile again!! UGH I am sick of being a couch potato. Crutches SUCK!
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Ah, that sucks. I hope your ankle gets better quickly. Congrats on losing the inch.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Don't worry, I'm living proof that it's possible to lose weight without exercise! Maybe lower your calories a smidgen to make up for the inactivity, and then just stay on plan and try not to fret until you can get back on the scale. Can you do chair exercises for your upper body at least? Best of luck with the ankle healing, that must be a right nuisance.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Not that I necessarily think you should weigh yourself, but if you really want too... can't you do it on one foot? I've done some pretty crazy things on my scale, trying to check different body fat percentages.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #5  

You could be doing chair aerobics, resistance bands, hand weights so why are you just sitting on the couch?

For the one who said you can lose weight without exercise, that is a very unhealthy way to lose it because you lose muscle along with fat.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I can't exercise for medical reasons. My muscles are already severely damaged, all the way down to the muscles of my eyes and other unexpected places, and the nature of my medical condition is that it is worsened by exertion and stimulus. My point wasn't that you shouldn't exercise, it was that it's still possible to lose weight even when you are unable to exercise.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #7  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

The most important thing right now, of course, is to let your ankle heal up so you don't cause any long-term damage. Until then, consider your weigh-in a nice surprise for the future.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #8  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone for the support! I think I have probably decreased my intake just from the fact that I havent been as active. So I am naturally not as hungry as I was before when I was highly active. I did try to get up on my scale with just one foot. However I don't know HOW accurate that was because if so I lost 20lbs? My last weigh in would have been the 13th. SO I know I was doing good before but that just cant be right. LOL

You are right I SHOULD have been doing something to exercise my upper half of my body. Sadly just walking around on the crutches has me winded. Unfortunately when I am up on my crutches I also have to limit it because all my weight is on my right ankle which used to be my bad ankle. I think it now is going to be my good ankle.

The Dr said no work for 1 more week and then I can go back to work on light duty only. Also we did more x rays today and hopefully that will show us no fracture. If there is no fracture I will begin physical therapy 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks. I think its going to be a long road before I will be able to run again on the elliptical

Sure glad I have you ladies!
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote