Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #1  

Default The restart of my Journey

Well I weighed in today at 311.6. I cannot believe I allowed myself to get this big. Quite a few years ago I was 275, joined WW and lost almost 100 pounds in about 10 months. I ate the same thing for breakfast (egg whites only) and lunch (salad). And then would have whatever was being made for dinner....I always had more then enough points left for dinner to have what the family was having.

So now after being embarrassed of my weight I am back at it. I was actually sent to this site by Jillian Michaels. I talked to her last week for her podcast and was asking about support. I told her the WW boards, most are mean there. And she suggested here and her site.....so here I am!

This morning I had 2 egg whites and a bannanna. I had a string cheese for snack. And in about an hour I will have a salad with egg whites and turkey. Then probably a turkey burger and brocoli for dinner. The hardest thing for me is giving up my Pepsi. Not giving it up totally.......I willl have one a day like I did last time. So hopefully the same thing works this time too! I am going to work on just my nutrition this week and then add in the exercise next week.
LisaU123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Welcome. We all look forward to seeing your progress.

Be careful with restricting yourself to the same foods every day. That will make it easy to get burnt out and binge.

Last edited by 170starting; 07-25-2011 at 12:14 PM.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome LisaU123! I understand where you're coming from, I too am back on the wagon. We can do this!

I encourage to read the boards and plug in to a thread or two where you feel supported by like minded folks. Like they say, there are many ways to be successful--you just have to find what works for you Looks like you've found your way, keep up the good work!

Enjoy!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #4  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Welcome LisaU123! This is a very tough journey and i find that it takes A LOT of support! I think its great that you was able to lose almost 100 pounds. You know what that tells me? It tells me that you can do it again! You have truly inspired me! Sometimes i think that i cannot lose this weight but when i see others who have done it, it jumpstarts my motivation!

Just stay accountable and whenever you need to vent or just talk, come see us at 3fc!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #5  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaU123 View Post
I was actually sent to this site by Jillian Michaels. I talked to her last week for her podcast.
Hey! I talked to Jillian last week for the podcast too!!! Well I didn't as much talk to her as ask my question and then listen for like 7 minutes while she gave me a detailed description of the Karate Kid and then talked about eating guinea pig. Seriously. Man, that girl can TALK- LOVE her! Who knew she was a 3FC fan?!

Anyway, WELCOME!!! The people on this site are amazing, helpful, supportive- I couldn't ask for a better community! It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. Have you read Jillian's Master Your Metabolism? It was so helpful to me, especially when I first started- although, it might scare you away from the soda . 100 lbs in 10 months is serious business, girl! You can SO do it this time too!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #6  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Jillian sent you to the right place. Everyone is so supportive here and I love it. Now eating the same thing everyday can lead to burn out for some, but there is a maintainer on the daily accountability thread that eats the same breakfast and lunch everyday. It seems to work for her.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #7  

Thank you everyone for the welcome! I am really glad I was steered over here. When I did it before I did ok with the same breakfast and lunch, just changed up my dinner all the time. But I will see if it is working this time :-) If not I will change it up! I change my salads everytime too. I will put in some kind of proteins or fruits/etc. Today so far I have been doing good for the first time. Although I am having my Pepsi now that I wasn't planning till dinner. I may have two the first couple days then cut down to one! LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #8  

Thankfully, I don't like sodas (real or diet), but what about trying to switch to diet soda half the time? That might be one way to sort of phase out the real thing and cut down on calories.

Don't look back unless you want to learn something from your past. Otherwise, move forward. Stay focused and consistent. Successful "losers" and maintainers are the ones who are consistent.

Good luck!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuende View Post
Hey! I talked to Jillian last week for the podcast too!!! Well I didn't as much talk to her as ask my question and then listen for like 7 minutes while she gave me a detailed description of the Karate Kid and then talked about eating guinea pig. Seriously. Man, that girl can TALK- LOVE her! Who knew she was a 3FC fan?!

Anyway, WELCOME!!! The people on this site are amazing, helpful, supportive- I couldn't ask for a better community! It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. Have you read Jillian's Master Your Metabolism? It was so helpful to me, especially when I first started- although, it might scare you away from the soda . 100 lbs in 10 months is serious business, girl! You can SO do it this time too!
LOL yes she can talk! In fact, we kept sort of talking over each other because I thought she was pausing and would start to say something but she ketp going! We didn't have a great phone connection which didnt help but it was great to talk with her. I cannot wait to meet her someday!

No I havent read it but I really should go get it! Thanks for the recommendation! I have heard horrible things about soda but can't help it, I love the stuff!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Good luck! I know the amount of weight to lose can be daunting, but just think one pound at a time! That's how I get through it Just think in a year you will be so happy you started today, it's not too late.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome! I am new here too and so far really like it. I know what you mean about the Pepsi! Soda is definitely an addiction of mine although not as bad as it used to be. Still struggle with it but have been drinking more water than soda recently.
We can do this! Just take it one day at a time.
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #12  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome! I am relatively new here and have found this site to be full of not only great resources but wonderful and supportive people as well, and I'm sure you will as well. Goodluck with your journey and know that we are all just a click away

Last edited by SweetTreat80; 07-25-2011 at 05:07 PM.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #13  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

If you can't switch out of soda or do diet, what about those small cans of soda? Or you can drink a bottle of water before you drink any soda and pair them together. That way, you wont have the room to drink too much. After a while, you will prob lose your taste for sugary soda. Good luck!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #14  
New2disButTrue2dis

S/C/G: 185/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Default congrats

congrats
Time2GetFine82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #15  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaU123 View Post
LOL yes she can talk! In fact, we kept sort of talking over each other because I thought she was pausing and would start to say something but she ketp going! We didn't have a great phone connection which didnt help but it was great to talk with her. I cannot wait to meet her someday!

No I havent read it but I really should go get it! Thanks for the recommendation! I have heard horrible things about soda but can't help it, I love the stuff!
Haha, that happened to me too! I couldn't hear her that well sometimes and I would start to talk thinking she was pausing and she just kept going! I kept scolding myself in my head like "god, you're inturrupting Jillian Michaels!" but then afterwards I realized she just talks... a lot. It would probably be the place a 'normal' person would pause and let the other person speak, but it is her podcast and people are there to listen to her. Plus, well, I don't know if I'd really call her normal . Janice did warn me that she was "on fire" and that I should watch out! Janice was right! I'll definitely have to listen for your episode!

I hope you enjoy the book- it's a real eye-opener! I love it because it is full of great info and while she does talk about all the junk to stop eating, she gets you excited about all the good stuff you should be eating. Coming from a place of positivity always helps me!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote