Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #31  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Poor McDonald's gets such a bad rap. DH occasionally likes to stop at McDonald's for a cheeseburger and fries, but I get a grilled chicken salad and apple dippers. Yes, most of their food is unhealthy, but it's all about the choices we make for ourselves.

Carol
I didn't mean to offend you or McDonald's...it was the first place that popped into mind because we both love eating there. My will power against a cheeseburger isn't that strong...now, the will power to not go there at all is what works for me
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Poor McDonald's gets such a bad rap. DH occasionally likes to stop at McDonald's for a cheeseburger and fries, but I get a grilled chicken salad and apple dippers. Yes, most of their food is unhealthy, but it's all about the choices we make for ourselves.

Carol
I don't eat at McD's for ethical reasons (they participate in brutalizing factory farm animals), but before I knew about that, I used to eat there even when I was dieting. A cheeseburger and small fries is somewhere around 500 calories, if I remember correctly. That would easily fit into one's calorie budget, and I used to find it satisfying.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #33  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianfan View Post
Anybody else experience this? My boyfriend sabotages me. He makes fun of me when I weigh and measure my food, in fact, he gets mad at me because I am dirtying up a measuring cup. So, he deliberately eats part of the food that I weighed or measured so that I don't know how much is in there. He also "force-feeds" me by giving me food off of his plate, then acting hurt when I don't want it.
What an insufferable brat. If he loses you, it won't be because you've lost weight - it will be because you want to live with an adult, not a bratty child. Taking food off your plate that you measured -- seriously??? that sounds like something I would have done to annoy my big brother ... when I was in second grade.

I can't imagine why you would put up with this kind of idiocy for another second. Sit him down and set some limits, the way you would with a 5-year-old - since he is acting like one.

If you can't get him to think about why he is acting out his own insecurities in such a singularly disrespectful and immature way, then I suggest taking a long hard look at the relationship and its long-term prospects. Do you want to spend your life with someone who expresses his emotions with all the sophistication of an elementary school kid?
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #34  
Cult of Ron Weasley

You know, I had never experienced this from anyone until I went on vacation this month with my MIL to Puerto Rico. She was downright pushy with wanting to give me food when I would say no, thank you. The first few times it happened, I was taken by surprise. It's not like I haven't eaten with her before, she's usually mindful to let me serve myself when I eat at her house. It was weird, though. Like she would literally place food in front of me and encourage me to eat and say I was on vacation. Meh
LaMariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

My husband has stood quietly by while I have gone up and down in weight for the past thirty years. He has never made a comment about a new diet, etc. He has been quietly supportive, hides his good ice cream, candy bars, treats in the basement or garage. He will occasionally compliment a noticeable weight loss, but he has never mentioned a noticeable gain, even if I am ranting about it.

I think it is time for you to move on. He sounds like a total loser to me.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Some men like overweight women. We call them chubby chasers ... Other men are insecure and are afraid of attention you might get at a smaller size.
Interesting psychology there, and it makes perfect sense. It's a very selfish position, too, in that the man only wants what he wants, even if it means he sabatoges his wife's efforts to get thinner and healthier (physically, mentally, and emotionally). Of course, this applies for women toward men, too, I guess.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote