Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Hmmm, interesting post. Because I could have written it 7 months ago. I have always been heavier at varying degrees than my younger sister and just resigned myself to the fact that I always will be. My grandmother was never was so bold as to say I would never weigh less than her but at Christmas, because she sometimes forgets names, she wrote my name on a sticky note and next to it said, "The chubby one". Killed me. But instead of letting it defeat me, I used it to give me the kick in the butt I needed to do something about it. And hey, nothing like a little healthy sibling competition in which I was the only person knowing it was one, right?

So here it is.....only 7 months later.....and I am smaller than my sister. Only by a little bit but still.

You CAN visualize being healthier. Just dig deep down inside for that motivation I know you have. You have already lost weight and are well on your way. Don't let your lack of visualization paralyze you emotionally.

Good luck hun.
OMG, it had to be the best feeling in the world to show of your skinny self to that *****y grandma.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 213/ticker!/126

Height: 5 foot and no inches!!!

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all your responses and advice I know that every lb i lose is helping me to feel better and that ultimately being and feeling healthy are the important thing, though obviously being able to prove certain people wrong will be amazing :P
I am going to focus on the way I feel, and hopefully as the lbs drop I will start to realise what I can do and then i will be able to know and see what i can achieve..
Again, thank you to everybody. It is such a wonderful supportive and interesting community here..i am sure that with all your help and support this time i'll be able to do it
xxx
mysticalcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #18  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I have been overweight since grade school so I don't know what I'll look or feel like either. Sometimes smaller than other time, but always overweight. I am not sure I can really remember ever being under 200. So it can seem overwhelming to try to think about it too much.

What has helped me is to break it up into increments. I'm doing 10% of my body weight at a time, so right now, it's the first 26 lbs, and I'm less than 10 lbs away from that! When I get there, I'm going to just focus on the next 10%, and not worry about what comes afterwards. I figure that after I lose that first 26, and then that next 24, I'll be ready to tackle the next step after that, and it's fine that I am not sure how I'd handle it right now, because I'm not there yet.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #19  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Try this site to create a virtual you!

http://www.mvm.com/cs/shopForLooks/D...nt=personalize
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I have this fear everyday... I just have to live with it. Just have to work through our and stay positive!!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #21  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalcrayon View Post
I know that every lb i lose is helping me to feel better and that ultimately being and feeling healthy are the important thing, though obviously being able to prove certain people wrong will be amazing :P
I am going to focus on the way I feel, and hopefully as the lbs drop I will start to realise what I can do and then i will be able to know and see what i can achieve..
Now that's a winning attitude!
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote