Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I come from Finland, and Finland
Were you born there? I have a friend from Rovaniemi.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #212  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
ACK!!! I am 1.5 ounces (.2 more will need to show on the scale) from reaching my halfway mark. I lost 1.0 pound since yesterday which puts me at 40 lbs 3 ounces lost! Wow!!!!!! On my blog I have a pizza that started out as a full pizza and for each 10 pounds lost, I erase/eat a slice of pizza. Half that pizza is gone today! Wow!
WOO HOO!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #213  

Diana - Congrats on MAINTENANCE!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #214  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Lindsey ....how cool. Yep, I was born in Kuopio which is in the lake area. My uncle lives in Rovanniemi I moved here in my early 20's. My kids have Finnish passports, and they both would like to study there.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #215  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

novelista i was in your exact sitaution about 4 years ago. So i know how you feel. It is totally normal to be "bipolar" because you truly are feeling a million different emotions. I dont know your entire situation but my ex left me without any indication that he was going to and even though i am better for it now, i was a wreck. It gets better in time but you are most likely going to feel like crap for a while. You may go through your day feeling fine and then at the end of the day feel like the world is crashing down around you. I'm not trying to make you feel worse but maybe understand that i know what you're going through. I think i cried myself to sleep for weeks straight, i was like a zombie and then just out of nowhere my body just let it go. Its a bit hard to explain but you will come to a point where you just flip a switch and are suddenly okay. For me it was closure to the end of the relationship. I sat down and had a conversation with my ex and it just solidified what i already knew: which was that we were never going to work out, he just couldnt settle down. Whatever that may be for you, you'll find it.

I've been with my current boyfriend for 3 and 1/2 years now and as horrible as i felt 4 years ago when my ex and i broke up, only made me appreciate what i have now more. It made my current relationship apparent that it was meant to be. You'll get there, but know that there others that know how you feel that you can talk to anytime you need anything. and know that you'll get though it.
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #216  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

No time for personals - I'm exhausted. Gardening ALL DAY - 10 am until 6:30 am with about 1 hour break total. But it feels SO GOOD! I planted a tree - which was difficult because it's RIGHT next to a tree stump. The roots were getting soft, but still, lots of hacking. And then I went for hardest to plant to easiest. So, then the Lilac bush, the rose bush, the hydrangea, a holy bush, then larger containers of perennials - columbine, 2 coral bells, 2 peonies, 2 bleeding hearts, the Scotch broom, transplanting two ferns and one azalea and planting a new azalea, planting 10 hostas around trees, 3 woodland violets, 5 of some small perennial, 5 of another small perennial, 7 of another small perennial. And then when my son was home from school (about 3:30 pm). We started planting in the glazed clay pots - geraniums, petunias, impatiens, double impatiens, New Zealand impatiens, Moss roses, Hen and chicks, Coleus, asparagus fern, a couple vining plants, gerber daisies and some dusty silver plants/greenery. All together 20 pots - most of them medium to large pots.

Yet to do? build two island flower beds - one in teh front yard. One in the back yard and planting in there. transplanting the tomatoes and filling the containers of herbs, planting the begonias around the front of the house and then mulching EVERYTHING. I think I need about two more days for that - FULL days. Not going to be happening for a bit as I have a lot to do tomorrow and Saturday, but I'll get back out there SOON!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #217  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

today's update

weigh-in today was 176.4
calories 1888 over by 288
water 80ozs and 16ozs green tea
exercise Zumba/Curves circuit 1hr and 2.8 mile walk at the track 3.44mph, 49.57 minutes

Last edited by love2b150; 05-05-2011 at 09:29 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Lindsey ....how cool. Yep, I was born in Kuopio which is in the lake area. My uncle lives in Rovanniemi I moved here in my early 20's. My kids have Finnish passports, and they both would like to study there.
How cool!!! DH and I would like to go there and visit some day.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #219  

Calories came in at 1300 today. Woo hoo!! Night ladies & Larry!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #220  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry You are so close to the 1/2 way mark! I am pretty certain it was the coffee that kept me awake. Well, I was thinking about something that happened earlier in the day that made me mad, too. DH told my friend's husband that I had reached goal. He asked if I had lost anymore weight. DH told him yes, 10 pounds (this was since my last Dr. appointment). My friends husband thought he meant since the last time he had seen me. He commented that I looked like walking death the last time that he saw me. Then he came to the shop. I think he wanted to see what I looked like. He then asked me if I was going to "jump around" (this is what he calls exercise). I told him "yes, why?" He said well since you are at goal, I thought you would quit that. I flatly told him that if I quit doing what I was doing I would gain all the weight back. Why do people piss me off?

BTW: Those that saw my picture the other week, did I look like "walking death"? I understand that the picture didn't look great because DH can't take a picture. I look a lot better in real life. But do I even remotely look like walking death?

Novelista Congrats on your weigh in! Great job! I think your feeling are normal. It's the same thing as the stages of mourning/grief.

Vixsin Thank you! I appreciate all the support I have received here on the boards. I hope your date goes well.

Jomatho Enjoy the baseball game and kids.

Diana(LA) I'm sorry to hear about the car accident. Are you still feeling OK? Sometimes you don't notice being sore until later.

Surfergirl Hi

Pint Are you talking about Charleston, SC or WV? I'm in Charleston, SC.

K9 Hi! It sounds like you had a good day.

Jessica Hi and Welcome!

Sum What did you end up doing with the tuna steak? Your suggestion sounds delish! I will take yellow saffron rice with it, please.

Dterminedone $10 is a great price for the gym. Do you have Turbo Fire?

Lindsey Thank you! I'm glad your day went well and you are looking forward to your work there.

Lauren Thank you. Hi! Do you think you are making any progress with your back?

Rennie Great job on your workouts!

Larry Congrats on that pound!

Stacy Hi The zoo sounds nice.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-05-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #221  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 15
30 MTF Circuit Burn Sculpt & Lower Body Premix
500 Jump Ropes
Old 05-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #222  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Diana: I was talking about Charleston SC. I have family there. Turns out we aren't going down. Ugh.

Larry: WTG!!!

Everyone else: Keep plugging on!!

I didn't have a chance to do P90X today, or really any other form of exercise, and I ate pretty badly today. It was all conscious eating, I just didn't eat very healthy things. I'm not too terribly worried about it. It's only one off day out of 2 weeks of being on plan and working out an average of 2 hours/day. It won't hurt.

I am SO TIRED today. It's definitely time for bed.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 05-05-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #223  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Well, I was thinking about something that happened earlier in the day that made me mad, too. DH told my friend's husband that I had reached goal. He asked if I had lost anymore weight. DH told him yes, 10 pounds (this was since my last Dr. appointment). My friends husband thought he meant since the last time he had seen me. He commented that I looked like walking death the last time that he saw me. Then he came to the shop. I think he wanted to see what I looked like. He then asked me if I was going to "jump around" (this is what he calls exercise). I told him "yes, why?" He said well since you are at goal, I thought you would quit that. I flatly told him that if I quit doing what I was doing I would gain all the weight back. Why do people piss me off?

BTW: Those that saw my picture the other week, did I look like "walking death"? I understand that the picture didn't look great because DH can't take a picture. I look a lot better in real life. But do I even remotely look like walking death?

No, no, no, you do NOT look like walking death. It's probably just such a shock to see you shrink all the way down to a very healthy weight. Maybe he's not used to seeing thin women and fit women when they are out of their twenties or something. But, he is just a bonehead - you look great! Thin, yes, but HEALTHY looking thin, not walking death thin.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #224  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Looks like we are all on the "Forgive my lack of personals" bandwagon! So, forgive me as well

I got up rather early this morning with TOMs cRAVEN bird--about 5am.
He thought he was going to sucker-punch me, but I showed him!!

MN-7a: Edy's Fruit Bar, Popcorn 190
7a-noon: Fiber1 Bar 140
Noon-3p: Powerbar, Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap, Blackberries 872
3p-7p: Oikos Greek Yogurt 110
7p-MN: Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips, Green Beans, Sauteed Mushrooms 249
Total: 1551

My allotment according to My Fitness Pal is 1490--that's to lose 1 lb/week.

I was a little late for class tonight and missed the 1st song due to traffic
So, after reviewing my Polar and seeing the pathetic results, I went for a 2.5 mile
Just to show that pesky bird who's BOSS!!!

475 cals 325 cals

Total 800 cals

Plus 96 oz of the GOOD STUFF!!

GEAUX ME!!

Friday is weigh day and with TOM due to be in town, I'm not sure what to expect.
I haven't weighed since Monday. This should be interesting

Dear

Please be nice to me
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
No, no, no, you do NOT look like walking death. It's probably just such a shock to see you shrink all the way down to a very healthy weight. Maybe he's not used to seeing thin women and fit women when they are out of their twenties or something. But, he is just a bonehead - you look great! Thin, yes, but HEALTHY looking thin, not walking death thin.
Thank you.

He see's me at least every other week, if not every week. So, I would think he was used to my look by now.

He's been trying to lose weight for a while now and has been struggling. Maybe he's just having personal issues.