how often/when do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • daily? weekly? bi-monthly? monthly? semi-annually? annually?

when i'm "hardcore" into diet mode, i'm a daily weigh-er, and have always been a morning weigh-er.
  • Once a week so I can see the final 1 lb drop. Weight/water fluctuations are way too common for me to weigh once a day. It'd only set me back due to frustration.
  • I'm terrible. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I have to see my weight every day to stay on top of myself, otherwise I get lazy about being good.
  • Quote: I'm terrible. I weigh myself first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I have to see my weight every day to stay on top of myself, otherwise I get lazy about being good.
    totally understand that mentality--it does work!
  • I can only handle weighing myself once a week, in the moring and in the buff.
    I would get too discouraged seeing the daily fluctions in the scale.
  • I try to do it every morning!
  • I will admit I hop on the scale every morning before I get in the shower, but I do not log that weight. I "officially" weigh and track that weight once a week.

I am currently just interested in how the daily fluctuations in food / water / bodily functions impact my weight. As that number on the scale drops, I plan to hide the scale and only use my WW weigh in to know where I'm at.
  • I weigh twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. I'm trying to drop the night one now though - and I think after a while in maintenance (maybe 6 months or so?) I will start keeping my scale downstairs, where I will weigh once every few days or so. Weighing often has definitely kept me very focused, but I think it might be better to cut it back a bit ongoing.
  • I weigh daily, after going to bathroom, before showering, nude. I like to play with numbers, so I like weighing daily, and I don't tend to big fluctuations, so it's not usually a problem for me.

It has it's pitfalls though. I've only been doing this for a few weeks (this time) and if I go by my Monday weigh in, I lost 3 lbs the 1st week, and 2 lbs each of the next 2 weeks. Great progress! What I saw though, since I weighed daily was an immediate 5 lbs loss, where I stayed for nearly 2 weeks with a small bounce back in the middle. That could have been discouraging, Luckily, I wasn't discouraged. I know that it really took those two weeks to lose those 5 lbs, and the scale was just a little confused about where I was along that process. But if you're one to get hung up on the numbers, it could definitely cause problems.
  • I weigh myself daily. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It's terrible addiction! I only count 1 weigh in a week though. Like if people ask me how much I weigh. I always go with my tuesday weight.
  • I weigh daily because even a drop in the tenths of pounds makes me happy. BUT, if I am feeling bloated or whatever, I'll forego weighing until the next day. It's all about the optimal circumstances!
  • Once in the morning right after I wake up and once at night before I take my shower. I suppose I could go without weighing at night but it gives me a good idea of what I will be in the morning and allows me to see how what I ate that day affects my weight. I try not to worry about the scale after weighing myself that way for so often I only worry if I go up a ton or if I lose weight. 1-3 pounds here or there doesn't really concern me anymore.
  • Daily in the morning. I know my body well enough to know what causes small gains and losses. If i exercised a lot one day, the next day my weight will be down a pound, but it's only temporarily water loss. If i didn't pee much one day, i know i'm retaining water and my weight will be up at least a pound the next day. But...if the weight goes up and stays up day after day, i can no longer deny that i've gained weight.
  • Daily, first thing in the morning. I'm maintaining, and this helps keep me on track.
  • My "official" weigh-in is in the morning, naked, after a pee. But then I weigh at various times throughout the day whenever I am changing clothes. I have actually started to record every single weigh in just out of curiousity. Sometimes it is up to 7 times a day!. I just like to know what fluctuations are happening- but I really don't belly-ache about it like I used to. I think it reminds me to stay focused.