Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default when do you weigh

I was wondering how often you ladies weigh yourselves.... once a day, once a week, once a month? If you weigh yourself everyday do you notice alot of fluctuations? I'm the type of person to at least weigh myself once a day. I get discourged though sometimes cause my weight is always fluctuating... up and down.
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I weigh once a day the same way every day. Right after I get out of bed and go to the bathroom, no clothing, and my weight rarely fluctuates. When I weigh at different times of the day my weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #3  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I also weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after a trip to the bathroom. And my weight flucuates like crazy, but the general trend for my weight is heading down, so that's OK.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I "unofficially" weight myself every day (actually normally twice a day). Once in the morning right after I get up with my clothing on, then normally (no always) I weigh myself in the evening right before I go to bed. I generally will flucuate up to 5 pounds during the course of a day.

I officially weight myself every Saturday morning, first thing in the morning, after the bathroom, naked. This is the only time I chage my fitday results and my ticker here.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  
Aww, look at the bunny!

S/C/G: 200/174/162

Height: 5' 9"

Same for me...every morning after I go to the bathroom. It generally doesn't vary a whole lot, although too much salt and a big dinner can send it up two pounds or so, and sleeping in a long time can send it down a bit. I only take my "official" weight on Fridays, though...the daily weighings are more of a reminder to be good that day.

I find my week-to-week numbers pretty steady, but I've been amenorrheic for several years now (depo-provera). I understand that many women see smaller losses or even gains before their periods and then get a big loss afterwards from water retention.
twistedhoneydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #6  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I've started doing it Monday, Wednesday and Friday and it seems to keep me at bay as far as weighting myself everyday.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #7  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Generally once a day, in the morning. Now I am scaleless and I'm debating whether to buy one now or to wait until the end of the summer and see how much weight has come off!
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I will admit that I am obsessed with weighing myself....
I weigh myself usually 3 times a day, but every now and then I'll step on the scale just to see where I am during the day. I always weight myself in the morning after I go to the bathroom, and I like to weigh myself right after the gym, because I tend to weigh lowest then (though I have heard a lot of people weigh more because of water retention, that doesn't seem to be true for me), and I weigh myself right before I get into bed just to see where I'm at for the day. I know that my weight will go up quite a few lbs by the end of the day, so it doesn't freak me out to see that.
My official weigh in day, when I measure and all that too, is Thursday... but if I see a lower number in the mornings I will sometimes update my ticker & info just because I really like that number!
Today my dad asked me how come I weigh myself so much, and my answer was simple: the way I gained so much weight was not having a scale, not keeping myself in check, and thinking "oh I'm probably about the same weight today" for many many months or overeating. So for me, the scale keeps me in check.
Now I'll shut up, lol.
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

I weigh myself too much. It's a problem.

I just get so...curious.

It's one of my mail goals to only weigh myself once a week.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #10  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I weigh every morning....but I don't really record it but once a week...since it can go up and down from day to day
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 294/264/140

Height: 5'6"

I weighed once a day but the fluctuations (absolutley normal) were har on my morale, so I started weighing in once a week... and now I weigh in whenever I have the courage to look
khep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I don't even own a scale! If I did, I know I would be on it all the time.

Basically I weigh myself when I go home (I'm in college), so that's about once a month. I think that's a good thing because then I don't have all the problems with daily fluxuations, and can get a much better idea of overall progress. Also, it's much nicer to have those "Oh wow, I lost 5 pounds!" moments than "Oh no, I went up .1 pound!!" ones.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

officially, once a week.

But I weigh myself frequently through the day, and usually see a fluctuation of about 3-4 lbs. Depending on how late I ate the night before, I can weigh 1-2 lbs more the next morning.. so I usually cut it off early the night before my official weigh in.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #14  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Every day at 12:30, in my underwear. I like to see the effects that hormonal cycles & certain foods have on my body...it's interesting.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #15  
banned

Smile

i weigh myself 1x a day in the morning monday-sat.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote