Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

[QUOTE=TooManyDimples;3768413
Congrats Gaining! I look forward to the day I weigh LESS then my husband. =)[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is something i will probably never be able to do. My husband is 6'1", but has one of those tall, thinner frames. And, whenever I get into a health kick, he does too. He's been dropping weight along with me - 9 lbs so far. He's about 8 from goal - 175. At 175 he looks good, but he still has a bit of padding on him. I've seen my at 155 and he's too skinny. At 165 he would be perfect for his build.

I'm 6.5 inches shorter, but my ideal weight is the same as is = 165. I'm shooting for 175. So, we would be the same weight yet he has all that height over me. My son is 6' tall at 14 and is THIN at 135 lbs.. I was 5'5" at 14 and weighed 140 and was thin and fit. No wonder why I felt fat. No one explained to me about how frame size affects weight so much. I was an active swimmer and cheerleader and felt crushed when I went to 145 that year despite everythign I was doing to keep thin and fit. I was growing and filling out more. I am a big boned person who has always wanted to be petite! (like my sister).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Berry- Be proud- Of Course!

and yes I definately have more hungry days... then I'll plummet down and work my way back up. livestrong.com has a graph that is interesting to watch.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
My husband is 6'1", but has one of those tall, thinner frames.
I've got one of those husbands too. When I met mine he was super thin, weighing 165 at 6'5"...he's about 30 pounds heavier now and still skinny!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
HELLO my peeps!!! I'M BACK!!!!! Just got my internet back on. I'm soooo happy!! No anti-virus on this laptop though....so I'm only on a minute. Gotta get a usb adapter for my desktop so I can use it. I'm getting that when I go pick up my kids from school! I'll be back later on. I've missed you guys!!

AND I have things to share! I now weigh, for the first time since my husband and I started dating back in 1990, the SAME thing as my husband! I seriously never thought I'd see this day. lol AND I tried on pants for the first time in I don't even know how long yesterday that were NOT plus size....and they FIT!! They were 18's, but not 18W's!!! I am also seeing 209-210 on the scales right now, but forgot to take my bp meds yesterday (fluid pill) so I'm not sure my exact weight right now so I'm not changing ticker til probably tomorrow.
I can hardly wait to get caught back up with everyone!!!!!!! Did I mention that I missed you guys?!?!?

BBL!!!!
yay, I missed you!!!! Congrats on the new low! Oh, and for the non plus sized pants!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells The Bath And Body Works scents may be similar.

Stacy I'm not familiar with the Lucy exercise pants. I think I saw something similar at Dick's Sporting Goods. Do you have one of those stores there? Maybe you can look and try them on. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Toomanydimples Hi I've never been a shopper. This is probably just a phase. A change of season type thing.

Berry Great job on the workout. I started wearing makeup in high school and have worn it ever since. I have always "fixed" my hair. My hair is very fine/thin. I have to work on it to make it look decent. I can't just let it go or pull it back. I have always been girly in those ways, but yet I don't like dressing up. Go figure.

Sum Great job on the 4.7 miles!

Andejean I hope you are felling better by now.

Lady Hi That water weight will pass quickly.

Jomatho You are going to Costa Rica, right? What are your plans when you get there? Have you ever been there before? Are you flying or cruising? I hope you haven't mentioned this before. I swear I can keep up with this thread, sometimes. I've never taken a break per se. I used to take 1 day off a week. Then I stopped with that. I feel good working out, so I keep it up. While on vacation, you can take a break or exercise in a different way than you normally do. A couple years ago, when we went on vacation, my exercise was walking/jogging the steep driveway where we were staying. The house was 2 story. I made sure I went up and down the stairs plenty of times. I was literally sore while I was there. I still got in exercise, although it was different than what I normally did.

Lindsey Congrats on the .4! You are so close now. Do you think you are going to keep your goal at 140? Congrats on the 6 months!

Novelista Great job on those workouts!

Diana(LA) Hi! It's good to see you. I'm glad you got your internet back. Congrats on your weight in.

LLBoldAsLove Hi
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #51  

Diana3271, no I didn't mention the details of my trip. This is a prize/reward trip my DH got through work so we have not planned much of it. Funny you ask because I just got our itinerary today. Yes, there is an itinerary!
First day, arrive in late morning, free time, and that night a welcome reception and dinner (Resort Dining Attire )
Second day, all at our own leisure after a breakfast buffet (we opted out of choosing an adventure, zip lines in the rainforest, hiking all day and a boat trip to who knows where)
Third day, breakfast buffet, catamaran ride and snorkelling (swimwear and sunscreen ), and later sunset games/reception/dinner (beachwear and flipflops )
Fourth day through Sixth day, original trip ends, but we extended our stay. We are moving hotels because the cheapest room at the first hotel was 600 a night . DH collects points through Hilton Honors and was able to get two out of three nights free at an all inclusive 15 minutes away from the original hotel. Those three days will be totally leisure and hopefully just the two of us, phew.
Okay, everyone, I need help with "resort dining apparel", it is a 5 star hotel!!!!
I also need to figure out what I am wearing over my suit on the way to snorkelling. And, I wear a skirt bottom on my suit and I hate that it floats up in the water, so people will be under the water with masks and my skirt will be up in the air I may have to go back out shopping!!! May have to look for some shorts bottoms. I also may have to look for a different cover up. I am freaking out a little bit. I didn't know it was so planned. There will be about 30 people in our group, including the big wigs
Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Jo- A little cotten dress is always nice to throw over a swimsuit. I had to buy a swimsuit last week and at Sears I found VERY cute swim shorts. The had white stitching and velcro and drawstring. The brand is St. Johns Bay and there were multiple choices of tops or you could use one you already had. I usually wear a skirt but I felt very comfortable and confident in these.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #53  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

This was my week where i'm officially getting a new start! Ive slacked on exercise and diet but that needs to change. In about an hour, my fitness team with workout to some zumba fitness DVDs for about an hour. When I get home I'm going to use my resistence bands for a little while.

B: Turkey Sausage biscuit
S: Banana
L: cup of broccoli & cheddar soup with a turkey sandwich on whole wheat
S: Apple
D: salmon cakes with brown rice
Old 03-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Jo- A little cotten dress is always nice to throw over a swimsuit. I had to buy a swimsuit last week and at Sears I found VERY cute swim shorts. The had white stitching and velcro and drawstring. The brand is St. Johns Bay and there were multiple choices of tops or you could use one you already had. I usually wear a skirt but I felt very comfortable and confident in these.
I think I will go see if I can find those! Thanks for the tip!
I never thought about a dress as a cover up! Duh! I just bought two cotton dresses, maybe one of those would work
Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #55  
Melissa

Added another 1.5 miles to my day. Dh wanted to take a walk too as it turned out to be such a gorgeous day in the end. That's 5.5 miles for the day!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #56  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo -- A cute sundress with nice heels.

Funny...when my husband did consulting, he always stayed at Hilton brand hotels. I miss the free vacations we used to take.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #57  
~Kim~

Jomatho ~ Your trip sounds so fun! I use a cotton strapless dress as a coverup. If you don't have something that will work you should try Ross if they are in your area. (I love Ross)

MzJuicy ~ Good luck with your new start!

Berry ~ Way to go on those miles. =)

I had a good day. Ended at 1531 calories. I did strength today and I biked 11.5 miles. Going to try to get to bed early tonight.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #58  
Melissa

You know, you all are right, you do feel more accountable when you have to display what you ate. I almost grabbed a second Atkins bar for a snack, but then I thought, "Oh, but then you all would see I ate two of those bars today! Can't I find another snack that is a better choice?" So then I made two hard boiled eggs instead.

So, here it is:

Breakfast: 277

Whole milk added to decaf coffee: 4 tbsp 37
Gala apple with cinnamon: 50
Jif PB, 2tbsp: 190

Lunch:

Minneola tangerine: 70
Muscle Milk protein shake: 150
Atkins Coconut bar: 180

Snack:

2 hard boiled eggs: 155

Dinner:

1.3 slices of sausage deli made pizza: 455
Arrugula salad (arrugula, a bit of almonds, dried cranberries, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar and olive oil): 125

Total for today: 1412

Exercise: 5.5 miles (approximately 567 calories burned)

Net for the day: 845 calories
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
(we opted out of choosing an adventure, zip lines in the rainforest, hiking all day and a boat trip to who knows where)
Jomatho It sounds so exciting! Your above comment, are you saying that you chose not to do any of that? I would love to do zip lines. I tend to be scared to do stuff like that though. I can see me now. I would be the one person in 100 zillion that would run into a tree! I would come out of the rainforest with some type of poison ivy that I could never get rid of!

I like the itinerary idea because I wouldn't know what to do. They have very good plans and free time for you.

I have also seen some of those swim shorts. They look like men's swim trunks but they are shorter and have pretty colors. Try to find some of those to try on. I saw some at Walmart.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
This was my week where i'm officially getting a new start! Ive slacked on exercise and diet but that needs to change. In about an hour, my fitness team with workout to some zumba fitness DVDs for about an hour. When I get home I'm going to use my resistence bands for a little while.

B: Turkey Sausage biscuit
S: Banana
L: cup of broccoli & cheddar soup with a turkey sandwich on whole wheat
S: Apple
D: salmon cakes with brown rice