Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #16  

The almsgiving part of lent is something I try to focus on year 'round and I usually keep it to myself, but this may be something you can try!

I buy $10 worth of food each time I go to the store and I put it directly into the food pantry donation box. Maybe someone here would consider taking $10 worth of food they intended for themselves and do the same thing? You get the thrill of buying but not remorse for consuming! ??
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #17  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Goodness, I don’t think there is anything left in my diet that I could give up. Well…be able to give up and not go completely insane. I gave up fast food, pasta, most bread, sugary desserts, salty snacks, waffles (how I miss thee), butter & soda. The only thing I have left is coffee. Please...just let me keep my coffee!

I guess I could give up smoking but I know that the minute I do I’ll be adding back on those 35 pounds I lost so far and then some. I’m going to lose these last 10 pounds, maintain it for a few months (while trying to get off another 4 lbs slowly) and then do my best to quit.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

My husband and I gave up TV for lent. It's actually really hard and it does keep us moving as opposed to lounging in front of the TV at night.
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I gave up man made sweats like candy and cookies and such, failed and then have been back on track for two weeks thanks in part to atkins, but still I gave it up so that a big thing for me because I dont usually do well with out my friends sweets!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Goodness, I don’t think there is anything left in my diet that I could give up. Well…be able to give up and not go completely insane. I gave up fast food, pasta, most bread, sugary desserts, salty snacks, waffles (how I miss thee), butter & soda. The only thing I have left is coffee. Please...just let me keep my coffee!

I guess I could give up smoking but I know that the minute I do I’ll be adding back on those 35 pounds I lost so far and then some. I’m going to lose these last 10 pounds, maintain it for a few months (while trying to get off another 4 lbs slowly) and then do my best to quit.
you could give up tv, stop cussing (if you do), or something that doesnt have anything to do with food. Its just the point of giving something up for God that you normally do all the time. or that maybe an adiction for you showing that your faith is more important then said thing. However I know how hard that can be so NO judgment there for not being able to lol.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #21  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
you could give up tv, stop cussing (if you do), or something that doesnt have anything to do with food. Its just the point of giving something up for God that you normally do all the time. or that maybe an adiction for you showing that your faith is more important then said thing. However I know how hard that can be so NO judgment there for not being able to lol.
See...that just shows that my thinking of giving things up is centered solely on weight loss, food and what I am missing! Thanks for giving me a new perspective. :-) Although the TV thing is not gonna happen. LOL
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote