Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #1  
mandagrl

S/C/G: 268.4/248/199

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Angry This very moment is why (rant!)

This moment is why the weight HAS to go!!!! Ghah! For being as overweight as I am now, and even at my high weight of almost 295 lbs, I've tried hard to exercise consistently. The exercise was actually the only consistent effort I've had over these 2 years. I've walked 6 5k races and hiked another one over a mountain. As hard as I push myself-I have never jogged a mile non stop. Now here I am having lost over 10 lbs this month absolutely hurting and struggling to walk a brisk, flat, paved mile at about 3-3.5 mph on my lunch!

My shins are on fire, my thighs ache. I'm short of breath... It's been like this or worse with any physical activity I do almost my entire life!

It's caused me to give up before and as I stand (walk) here-I'll be damned if it defeats me again! Enough is enough. These legs will hurt until I unload the years of junk and ignorance related to my body from it! My lungs will search for air until I unload the fat from the top of them and my brain will stutter at physical activity until I teach it how healthy I can be!

Bring it on fat. Give me your best shot-this is one girl you won't win and keep. I'll walk until my knees buckle if that's what it takes but I WILL succeed and I WILL fight you forever if that's what it takes. I won't die young like my father. I'll see my daughter graduate, marry and have her own kids. There's not a calorie in this world that will be worth giving that or anything else I'm missing out on up!!!

The gauntlet has been thrown down-I'm OVER it!!!! Ghaaaahhhh!
mandagrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Awesome. I hit that wall the other day, too.

It's pretty cool!

WE WILL DO IT!!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandagrl1 View Post
This moment is why the weight HAS to go!!!! Ghah! For being as overweight as I am now, and even at my high weight of almost 295 lbs, I've tried hard to exercise consistently. The exercise was actually the only consistent effort I've had over these 2 years. I've walked 6 5k races and hiked another one over a mountain. As hard as I push myself-I have never jogged a mile non stop. Now here I am having lost over 10 lbs this month absolutely hurting and struggling to walk a brisk, flat, paved mile at about 3-3.5 mph on my lunch!

My shins are on fire, my thighs ache. I'm short of breath... It's been like this or worse with any physical activity I do almost my entire life!

It's caused me to give up before and as I stand (walk) here-I'll be damned if it defeats me again! Enough is enough. These legs will hurt until I unload the years of junk and ignorance related to my body from it! My lungs will search for air until I unload the fat from the top of them and my brain will stutter at physical activity until I teach it how healthy I can be!

Bring it on fat. Give me your best shot-this is one girl you won't win and keep. I'll walk until my knees buckle if that's what it takes but I WILL succeed and I WILL fight you forever if that's what it takes. I won't die young like my father. I'll see my daughter graduate, marry and have her own kids. There's not a calorie in this world that will be worth giving that or anything else I'm missing out on up!!!

The gauntlet has been thrown down-I'm OVER it!!!! Ghaaaahhhh!
Exercise is good but do you have a diet plan ? You will be more successful if you diet and exercise.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I love exercise because if you set out goals, you can achieve them at an amazing pace. The body really likes to be active and over time reacts well. Try setting small obtainable goals each time you set out and celebrate the small stuff.

And yes, it is said that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Combine the two, add a lot of patience and a heaping helping of commitment and you are good to go!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Manda... You can beat the fatdown. For someone as active as you just make some good changes in your eating. It pays off. I used to be plagued with sore feet and legs and couldn't walk up the stairs without being winded. Now I run up the stairs like it is nothing and I haven't had sore feet in months....
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #6  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You go girl!!

I was doing the same. Then mother nature really messed up all the trails, and right now, I have not walked for a week. It is all ice underneath and coating of snow on top...I shattered my ankle two winters ago, and I am not daring to go out. BUT once we will get a bit better weather, I will be there once again

Just don't give up! This is our year !!!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you have pain you might want to look into better shoes. Go to stores for running- not footlocker- but real running stores- they can tell you the best shoes for your feet. And they aren't that expensive IMO if you are someone who normally buys Nike's or other expensive brands. I just bought a new pair with special inserts with everything for $92. These shoes will last me a year which is good IMO- I do replace my inserts every 6 months but that's only an additional $15.

Last edited by beerab; 01-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/231/190

Height: 5'10

This post is amazing!
When I first started excercising in December...I was miserable! Sore all the time, and just not fun. However, as time has gone on, I can do walk/run intervals from 3.6 speed and running at 6...which is amazing different from what I started at! My shins still burn from time to time, but it's tolerable, and I'm actually starting to...*looks around sheepishly* like going to the gym!
nessalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #9  
mandagrl

S/C/G: 268.4/248/199

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Thank you ladies for the encouragement! Yep, I have been doing a healthy eating plan (calorie counting and watching the food pyramid per my nutritionist). The weight is coming off for sure- I think I just finally had my watershed/come to jesus and get MAD at the fat moment. I've always really tried because I felt like I was supposed to (if that makes any sense) make the effort to go on a diet and honestly, even with the struggle, I did and do (well most of the time...) like excercise which is why I try to keep it up. I just realized today that walking on concrete vs. say, the treadmill or especially the elliptical because with that track, I was putting my full weight down on solid ground which with the machines, I don't normally do and it hurt so stinking bad!

It was a bittersweet moment I had out there. I hate to hurt and lumber around a track uncoordinated and unfit to be trying to move that fast on concrete, but I also realized what was making it so hard and that's simply the weight. So if running a mile is my goal, I wanna run it. If I have to shed 20 more lbs and work harder to get there, I will. I just want to live.my.life and be healthy and capable to do those kind of things without feeling so awful. Therefore, the weight, it's gotta go!
mandagrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #10  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

You're doing amazing! I used to be the same way, i still kinda hate working out, but i know its something i need to do, so i don't dread it anymore. I know i need to be healthier.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote