Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #1  
i76

Default Self loathing and trying to be positive

I feel so low and hate what I have done to myself lately. Over eating binging and totally spiralling out of control. All my hard work and focus undone so now my work trousers cut me in half. My gym gear is so tight.

So I have to regroup and take these steps back to and today I went to spin class. I need to not look back, that is only hurting. I need to not look too far forward either and just live right now, making small baby steps that at positive. Eat right, live right and breathe.

I feel like I am in a big pit and need to claw out one little bit at a time.

I don't know why I am writing this but I hope I will feel better soon but I think it's going to take time I guess the first few days of recovery are the worst!
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

to you! It sounds like you are definitely ready! You are so right - baby steps are so important - before you know it huge changes have been made. Sometimes it is all about the moment for me - I don't know who wrote this on this board, I read it somewhere and I chant it to myself at trying times: "Wait. Breathe. It all counts." I find it very soothing and reminds me of my goals.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Good for you for going to spin. There's nothing like a good work-out to kick the blues in the butt.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #4  
i76

Thank you! I can see a little glimmer of light. E.g I went to spin class and almost quit 5 mins in but I stayed and finished, sure I might have worked harder but I didn't get off the bike and walk. That's a small victory. I need to keep making small wins! One step, one foot at a time. I know this self loathing is going to evaporate with each small victory.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #5  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Good job on sticking it out and finishing the class! That first workout is tough to finish. It feels like it's never going to end! But afterwards you feel great and the next class will be semi more enjoyable.

Baby steps are very important! We get so caught up in the past, or the future and our goals that we can get frustrated with how much time it may take and feel discouraged.

Keep up the good work and you will be victorious.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #6  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Exercise totally is the Pill for Self Loathing! I use it as a remedy all the time...
Good for you! Keep up the good work!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #7  
i76

Phew, made it through today. Went to spin class and eating healthy. Today was a victory. Can I repeat it tomorrow? Sure!!

These baby steps are going to add up. Phew!