Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

This is exactly my problem... friends who accuse me of all sorts of things (anorexia, starving, skipping meals, over-exercising, depression, etc.) just because I want to lose weight. They say stupid things like "you're already TOO thin" even if my BMI is still obese... and "that isn't living anymore if you can't have fun" as if eating and drinking are the only source of happiness.

But you have to be firm with your goals... I learned from this forum that this journey is about and for YOU... so don't let others interfere! Good luck!
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:32 AM   #17  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

that's horrible. i'm so sorry!

people can be really rude, but you just have to remember that all that's important is you and what you're doing. it's awful to hear people say things, but the satisfaction comes in #1, knowing that the things they say aren't true, and #2, proving them wrong.

the first time i lost 100 lbs, i was still in high school (i'm a sophomore in college now), so a lot of rumors went around, like, "oh, yeah, she lost weight, but only because she's bulimic," etc., and my best friend even told people that i binge ate on the weekends.

idk, i eventually stopped caring and trying because i thought that finally losing the weight hadn't made a difference in how i felt about myself and how others treated me (boy was i wrong loool), but i learned a lot from it. even now, i'm still getting ****. my roomie likes to talk about me, and she was telling her manager about how i wanted to lose a lot of weight, to which her manager laughed at her and said, "yeah, uh huh, good luck. she's just going to plateau in a few months."

hearing things like that is super discouraging, but hey, i always think to myself, "but i'm doing it, aren't i?"

you can do it!

Last edited by gagalu; 12-07-2010 at 04:33 AM.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote