Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default I beat a binge!

Man I've been tested this weekend, granted I could have made some slightly different decisions to make it easier. Friday we went for drinks, I had one skipped the aps and had dinner at home. Score +1. Yesterday, I had bought some crackers ("healthy" ones) for DS and gave home some in the afternoon. I thought I had the strength to have a couple, even though I know better. Sometimes I can have a couple of something and it stops there, but more often that one bite turns into too many or a full on binge. I was headed down the binge path but before I got too deep I stopped myself went for a walk to the park and came home for an on plan dinner. I skipped the ice cream I had planned for the evening since I had ate those cals in crackers earlier and went to bed a little early to rest for today's run and shut up the binge monster in my head. Score +2. I had a great run this morning - 10 miles! Score +3.

Now todays challenge is a wedding and apps and drinks between the wedding and reception, there's not going to be food at the reception, only cake. So now I'm just trying to tell myself that I can have 1-2 drinks and 1 app w/ a small salad. This is one of those occassions that I'm allowing myself to go a little off plan. For one thing we're going to my favorite restaurant and DH and I never get to go out anymore because of our hectic work schedules. I'm on the fence with the wedding cake. Desserts are my weakness, but wedding cake is kind of one of those things that are amazing or gross. So in thinking that ONLY if the cake looks amazing I'll allow myself a SMALL piece. If I taste it and it's not amazing then I will not finish it. I'm supposed to run tomorrow morning and I have to be to work by 7 am so that should keep my drinking in check. Not to mention that I'm a complete light weight now and am lucky if I drink more than once a month anymore. This weekend is a rarity.

Anyway, I'm babbling now, but I just wanted to share my NSV with this binging battle. I'm really trying to get to a point were binging is a complete NO, no exceptions and I think I'm making some progress.

Last edited by ncuneo; 10-10-2010 at 11:53 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

10 miles?! WOW!! I would LOVE to be a runner!

Congrats on keeping the binges away!!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Yay!!! Congrats on keeping the binge at bay
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #4  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

congrats!
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #5  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Great job! Definitely allow yourself to taste the cake. If it's great, enjoy a small piece. If it is nasty, toss it.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote