3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/213745-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aoctober-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

blueridgegirl 10-04-2010 01:32 PM

Hello friends,

Didn't get a chance to get online yesterday, so catching up today.

:welcome: new folks. Glad to have you on the thread!

Roxanne - was so happy to read about your success of a one hour aerobic workout. I totally do the, "okay, I've already done x minutes, just this many more..." trick with myself all the time. It made me smile to read you were on top of the world...file away that memory and go back to it when you are feeling blah or discouraged. And, as everyone else said, sorry about the pup. My heart goes out to you.

Lindsey - I am getting a master's degree in theology from Boston College. I got up to Boston every summer for intensive coursework, and then work remotely the rest of the year from central Virginia where I work full-time.

Abi - sorry to hear about your flu. rest up and hope you feel better soon!

Raven - congrats on scale moving!

shells - welcome home!

Don't have long to post, so going to cut it short on personals, but greetings to everybody I missed.

blueridgegirl 10-04-2010 01:41 PM

My Sunday:

B: 2 slice toast with almond butter, small apple

snack: 1 serving chex mix (my nemesis, but kept portion small)

lunch: canned fat free refried beans with 1/4 cup shredded cheese, tomato salsa, 1 serving whole grain crackers. Coffee with splash of skim

dinner: I went over to a friend's house for a group rosary and dinner with some of my Latin American immigrant friends. Dinner was: rice, roasted sliced beef and a corn tortilla with pico de gallo (like salsa, but better), and fruit salad. It was also someone's birthday so had a small slice of cake. Only water to drink. I did have a small dish of chocolate ice cream with almonds when I got home.

So, not a great day - hardly any veggies, but I am pleased that I passed on the soda at my friend's house, and kept portions in check on the food there. Also, my usual dance class was cancelled so no exercise to speak of really.

No scale today b/c of TOM. Off to a great start - oatmeal for breakfast, then I went to a new trail that I've discovered, a 2.4 mile trail of crushed gravel and boardwalk near the base of Monticello. I ran the trail out and back, for just under 5 miles, in 45 minutes flat! :running: Felt great to be out in the cool fall air. I really do love to run, and it gives me such pride to know how far I have come as a runner since beginning about 14 months ago.
I think I may just have to bite the bullet and plan to do some early morning runs, and get up at 6:45 am to get a good 45 - 60 minute run in before beginning my day. As the days get shorter, it's harder to run in the evening and can't always arrange my schedule to have midday or afternoon runs.

roxannestags 10-04-2010 01:43 PM

ok, only got a minute, got to head into class but i wanted to report that I lost another pound! I did another hour of aerobics this am, lol cant wait to tell you guys about that one.

Ok got to dash!

Roxanne

ebenz315 10-04-2010 01:51 PM

Roxanne! good for you!! It is so exciting to lose one whole pound!! And I have a feeling that more went on at aerobics than just aerobics?...hoping for a good story! lol!

ebenz315 10-04-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueridgegirl (Post 3507798)
My Sunday:

I think I may just have to bite the bullet and plan to do some early morning runs, and get up at 6:45 am to get a good 45 - 60 minute run in before beginning my day. As the days get shorter, it's harder to run in the evening and can't always arrange my schedule to have midday or afternoon runs.

I am NOT a morning person :coffee2:, but for some reason love the feeling of exercising in the morning. It's early, it's quiet, and while I would usually be sleeping, it's DONE! With my current schedule it is not the easiest so I have been walking with my hubby at night, usually when the sun is just setting, shining on all the beautiful fall leaves. I absolutely love this time of year and honestly think I would exercise more year round if the weather stayed this way!

WTG for running 5 miles in 45 mins, I have been running since May (well, walking lately, shin splints have forced me into it!...Love running, but figured I am better off with walking sicne I can do it everyday). I know how much committment it takes to be able to run 5 miles, without stopping, in 45 minutes!!! :bravo:

ja23 10-04-2010 02:25 PM

Thanks for the advice Roxanne and well done on losing another lb

B'Fast: Some fruit - orange, peaches and pineapple pieces
Lunch: Chicken and Ham Sandwich on brown bread with no butter or mayo
Dinner: Beef and Veg Soup with 2 slices on brown bread and some butter

30mins speed walk

Ebenz315 trying out early exercise too. Hoping to get up extra early tomorrow morn and go to the gym for a jog

L R K 10-04-2010 03:28 PM

Jesus H. Christ! We are such a chatty bunch! I'm not sure if i'm going to be able to catch up on all the posts from the weekend my week is super duper busy!

Welcome to the group Pint Sized, MrsSoCo, AngiLala and ja!! :welcome2: Love to see all these new faces!!! :)

cincimini 10-04-2010 03:28 PM

Roxanne :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Great work!!!

I would love to get to the gym early in the morning, but...it doesn't open until 8:30 :dizzy:. Maybe going for a walk isn't a bad idea though... even though I HATE (hate!!!!) getting up early :lol: .

Anyway, another tough day. I was back in Frankfurt for a call-back interview. I just like being at home so much better where I can avoid all the challenges.

Here goes my day:

B - banana, small no-sugar latte

S - 1/2 of a pretzel

L - Starbucks coffee frappucino light, no whip (230 cal) - :o Couldn't resist

S - Whole-grain nut bar

D - 30g of cooked pasta, sauteed spinach, one egg sunny side up, nectarine

MUST stay away from bad carbs. MUST stay away from bad carbs. MUST....MUST...MUST!

stacygee 10-04-2010 03:34 PM

Roxanne- How are you feeling today. Did you have to take the pup to the pound. I hope you can get over this quickly. (hugs) GREAT JOB ON THE POUND… it is a little blessing coming to you- or getting off of you!

Shellsbrood- 5-6 hour car ride. Yuck! I didn’t think your meals seemed off- I went up two pounds over the weekend too. For no reason. Sometimes it just is what it is!

Vixsin- Love those first dates when you stay up all night talking. I remember my husband and I on our second date staying till the restaurant closed! Shellsbrood caught two pounds, you caught two and I caught two… I think it was contagious! And your man is cute… he is so fit looking.

AngiLala- nice to meet you! You are off to an awesome start!

Patchworkpenguin- stop speaking so vividly about BREAD. AAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Ebenz315- I use more calories at the end of the day because I tend to want to snack when the kids go to bed and I am trying to break that habit. I eat every morning a Think Thin protein bar and it is 230 calories. My trainer says if you want to eat at night just don’t eat carbs… eat fruits, veggies or protein.

Raven- OMG Congratulations! That is such a huge accomplishment and I am so envious of you! Thank you for the inspiration. You are amazing!!!!!!!

Abitibi- so sorry you had the flu. I hope you are on the mend!

Blueridgegirls- WOW! I sa want to start to run. My trainer is just talking me to knock up the treadmill to 5.0. But, I really want to start around my neighborhood. I really admire you!

For me- I had 2 T almond butter and a banana for lunch- My husband laughed at me because I licked all the smudges of almond butter off my plate. I told him I had measured the 2 T and I wanted every calorie of it!! I always have my Think Thin bar for breakfast. For dinner I want to have meatballs and marinara over a spaghetti squash. remember I am off pasta. I bought the spaghetti squash and have no idea how to cook it. Anyone know?

I did 20min on the elliptical and an hour spin class. I go back tonight for 20 min on the treadmill (supposed to try running at 5.0 mph) and lifting weights for 30 min with my trainer. We are supposed to be on legs but after everything I might have to ask for upper body. My legs are still a bit quesy from spinning.

Love to all.

Stacy

ravenjeh 10-04-2010 04:13 PM

roxanne: Sounds like you have found the perfect weight loss tool for you- the gym. Congrats on your loss! :carrot:

cini: Me too! I MUST stay away from carbs... but it's hard because I'm a carb addict :(. I am positive that I could happily eat nothing but potatoes and bread all day long, lol. I don't have much a sweet tooth- I have a carb tooth :D

ebenz, blueridge: You guys are impressing me with your runs! I know I've only been working out for about a month, but I can't even jog yet. Well, I can, but only for about 1 lap around my yard and then I feel like I'm about to fall over, lol. Great job!

pint: You're right- undies DO add weight. That's why I weigh completely naked- I even take the ponytail holder out of my hair :lol:

abidabbi: Ughh, the flu sucks! I hope you are feeling better now! :getwell:

Thanks for all of the encouragement, guys! Hopefully I can say goodbye to the 200s forever! Well, ask long as TOM is nice to me next week, lol

Just wanted to tell you guys about something I ordered. It is called PB2. It's peanut butter that has been reduced down to powder. It has 85% less fat, significantly low calories and sugar. It is preservative free, all natural, and it was created by peanut growers not wanting to waste the season's surplus peanuts. You can add a little bit of water to it to make it the peanut butter consistency, or I'm going to add it to my protein shakes. I've had people tell me that it's really really good, so I ordered a jar last week and it gets here in a couple of days. I can't wait to try it! They also make a chocolate peanut butter with pretty much the same nutritional values. Here is the website:
http://www.bellplantation.com/products

roxannestags 10-04-2010 04:24 PM

Blue: Thanks, I went again today and plan on going 6 days a week. There are no classes on Sunday or I would be going then as well! Good job on passing on the soda. That is awesome that you enjoy running. I've tried and do not enjoy it. Maybe I will when some of this weight comes off.

Eben: Thanks! You are right, this is a beautiful time of year for walking

Ja: You are welcome and sounds like you had some really healthy choices today for your meals.

Cinci: Thanks so much. Your dinner sounded great!

Stacy: We are all just heartbroken over taking the puppy to the pound. What is spin class?

Raven: Thanks! I am loving the gymn. The BEST part, after the workout is over I get to go take a LONG hot shower with NO kids, cats or dogs trying to interrupt me. That peanut butter powder sounds great. You will have to tell us how it tastes!

So SO took the puppy to the pound today. We both were bawling. We paid for half of her 100 adoption fee so that at least she gets more of a chance of adoption. We wanted to keep her SO badly. I felt so bad because she obviously thought I was her savior and her new owner. I feel like a heel.

At aerobics this morning, it was really funny. The class I was in was called Fit in the City. Imagine my suprise when I found out it was for older adults. I was the only person that was under 60 at the class!

So as we start this class I was thinking, this isn't going to be a great workout, i'll have to come back tonight. I was a little discouraged. Well...then the workout started. Let me tell you, I couldn't keep up with some of these seniors! I had to take rest breaks and these people were just blowing though it! I was amazed.

For lunch today I WANTED nachos so badly. I even went and looked up the calories for them. But I resisted them and stuck to my healthy lunch.

Well, class just started so better get back to class

Roxanne

L R K 10-04-2010 04:33 PM

Well ladies my weekend was a bit of a mess - I decided it was time for me to take a "mini-break" from dieting (just 2 days) hoping that it would help me get back to being motivated. And I tell you it did help, I feel good and ready to keep on truckin'.

Still very much in Onderland so not too much damage was done - I actually ate pretty well I just had a little too many :cheers:

Here is my plan for the day Mon 10/4/2010

B - Homemade smoothie w/ banana and almond milk + 2 slices whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus

L - Barley casserole + mixed veggies

S - Handful of organic tortilla chips w/ organic salsa

D - Quinoa w/ basil and pine nuts + side of lightly steamed kale w/ a drizzle of Braggs

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog (pending the rain - looks like it is going to pour!)

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

stacygee 10-04-2010 04:33 PM

Roxanne- You did a great job with the pup and if it was so easy for you to love someone else will love it too! Spin class is an exercise class on a stationary bicycle. But- it is so much more then just riding a bike. The instructor tells you to stand squat jump and you change the resistance and it is very demanding. I sweated ALOT! I have heard it burns bunches of calories but there isn't a display for calorie count on the bikes in the class so I don't really know.

Oh! and I loved seeing you love the shower without kids, dogs, cats ect! I am just the same. I am so happy to come home after my workouts on M_W_F and shower or soak alone. Usually my 3 year old is at my feet!

Stacy

dallasgirl1 10-04-2010 05:01 PM

Wow Stacy Gee! Great workouts today!!!

Roxanne, Congrats on lb and sorry about the puppy. You're going to have to focus on the good you did in getting it out of the streets. You're being really hard on yourself. :( I'm impressed that you didn't stress-eat those nacho's! Nice job! :)

Raven: PB2! I nearly ordered that a couple of years ago... can't wait to get your feedback!

Shells: Welcome home!

Lauren: Welcome Back!

Today: 1 1/2 muffin w/coffee/sugar/cream 350+

Lunch: Big bad cherry limeade! 460?!!!!! OMG. I just looked that up on their website. I think that's the last cherry limeade in my life. :(
Whole grain bread/hummus/turkey/yellow bell pepper, tomato/basil soup: 550

1350 and it's 5:00 pm

Gym is on the agenda for this evening and maybe a walk with dog too. Check in later!

dallasgirl1 10-04-2010 05:02 PM

Abi: Hope you're 100% soon! Missed your posts!