3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/213745-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aoctober-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

Diana3271 09-30-2010 08:46 PM

**~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~**

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the October Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer3:

love2b150 09-30-2010 10:22 PM

I am in ... Hi Everyone :wave:

Not gonna change my ticker back, I'm gonna get back to my LOW :cool:

L R K 09-30-2010 10:36 PM

Yay! Of course you know I am in! :dance:

I am def. looking forward to a new month! My goal for this month is to see some progress! I want to see 190lbs!

love2b150 - I agree that you should NOT change your ticker, it will be good motivation to get back there. I know you can do it! :)

love2b150 09-30-2010 11:09 PM

Thanks Lauren ... we're gonna do this ... you'll see 190-189 and I will hopefully at least see 160. It sure would be nice :D

Tonight my daughter had a chicken wrap and I asked her could I taste it. She asked me how much I weighed, I told her 167 this morning, she said that's up isn't it? I told her yes but I'm good, she gave me a bite and said that's all I needed. I think it's sweet that my children are now paying attention. Yesterday I had 4 snickerdoodle cookies, a definite :nono: and my son let me know that. I have the five hawks watching me.

patchworkpenguin 09-30-2010 11:32 PM

I'm in.

Love, I like your ticker. Hurry up cool weather, and pumpkin pies!

Diana, thanks for starting us off!

Lauren, I agree, ticker changing is just too depressing!

dallasgirl1 10-01-2010 12:47 AM

Hi Everyone! This is me being accountable when I just want to go to sleep. Day 27 of food journaling. I did make a few bad choices today, but hoping the amount evened things out. Oh, and we walked MILES today.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was astounding with the Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra tonight after a gorgeous day at the World Equestrian Games! I'd seen them once before and they're so much fun. Swing big band music.

Food today:
Small bowl of cereal with banana and soy milk 300
Part of a turkey, mustard, cheese, whole grain bread sandwich 250
1 beer 100
Fried fish and fries: left quite a bit behind, but still... ugh! 900
A muffin/2 cookies from that darn bake sale this morning. Yes, I should have just donated like those wise souls among us recommended! :/ 450
Like 2000 calories today with at least 350-400 calories burned walking.

Mama P! I loved your doc story! That sounds like a fun relationship and yay on all of the recognition of your accomplishment. :)

Vixsin: I too am looking forward to this! You're at least 6 lbs lower than me, so I'll try to catch up. :)

Lauren: I hope you're feeling better soon. I had a similar situation recently with two terribly STRONG plug-ins that were brought into the office next to mine. I sent an email to the person explaining that they were causing severe allergy problems/headaches for me and to please take them home. Of course, I also unplugged them and left them on his desk. ;) Hey, in my defense, I'm there MUCH more than he is. Maybe you can speak to her directly about your sensitivity to fragrance? Good luck!

Blueridge: Great suggestion! And I do love it in Thai food, but the marinara sounds much healthier for me.

Raven: Not wrong at all re: ticker. I encountered that dilemma yesterday too. :)

Diana: Thanks for the new board and good luck getting your books in order!

Shells, Love, Cinmin, Roxanne, Stacy, Penguin, Abi, and everyone else: Good night and good luck tomorrow. Friday's and the weekends always prove challenging!

krampus 10-01-2010 01:46 AM

My goal is 128 by Christmas. 128 is the lowest I've ever been, and a product of trying to starve it off in high school. I'm 134 currently and not particularly disciplined, but I've been "good" all week (for the most part...).

Yesterday's food and exercise:
Breakfast
-bagel sandwich (196)
-yogurt (89)
-coffee (~30)

Lunch
-Vegetable bifun noodles from 7-11 (346)

Snack
-1 banana, large (125)

Dinner
-pasta, broccoli and onion with tomato sauce - (~600)
-gummy candy, fail (~150)

Exercise
-45 minutes jogging/running
-about 1 hr 40 min of routine walking

Diana3271 10-01-2010 05:56 AM

Good Morning and TGIF! Welcome to a new month! :yay:

krampus Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Dallas It sounds like you had a blast yesterday! :D

Penguin Hi :wave: You didn't mention pumpkin pie did you? :drool:

Love Ha Ha That story about your children watching you is so funny. We we all go out to eat, DH, me, and my Mom, and there's a bread basket, DH will ask me first if I want a piece of bread. If I say yes, he will obviously cut my piece a lot smaller than theirs. Which is good. He knows what I am trying to do. Gotta love him. :D

Lauren We will be watching and cheering you to 190 and below! :cheer2::cheer3:

L R K 10-01-2010 09:34 AM

love2b150 - Aww it's great to see your family supporting you so strongly :)

Penguin -Yay! :yay:

dallas - I am feeling much better this morning, thanks for asking!

Krampus -Helllooooooo! and Welcome to the thread :welcome2:

Diana - YES! TGIF!! :dance: And thank you. I could really use some cheerleaders this month.

ravenjeh 10-01-2010 09:36 AM

Yay! New thread, new month! Welcome back, everybody :)

BBL for personals, but just wanted to pop in to post that I lost 1.4 since yesterday! That's almost BACK to onederland at 200.0. Surely tomorrow I will be back to where I was last week. I'm back, baby! hehe :carrot:

Hope everyone has an awesome Monday! :hug:

ravenjeh 10-01-2010 09:38 AM

Oops! I can't believe that I really thought it was Monday! HAHAHA! I only noticed now when I saw LaurenA write "TGIF"!
Ok, correction:
Hope everybody has an awesome FRIDAY! lol

L R K 10-01-2010 09:41 AM

IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!! :dance:

I am feeling a lot better today so getting right back to it.

Here is the plan for the day 10/1/2010

B - 2 slices WW multigrain bread w/ natural almond butter + 1 apple

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus + 5 reduced sodium triscuits

L - Not sure yet, our dept. is having our quarterly associate recognition day so not sure what i'll be doing for lunch.

S - Probably another piece of fruit when I get home.

D - Again not sure, going out.

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water + 1 diet pepsi

No Exercise today

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend! :wave:

L R K 10-01-2010 09:42 AM

raven - Great job on the loss! :cp:

blueridgegirl 10-01-2010 10:08 AM

Gah, I just posted this on Sept thread, forgetting it was a new month!

Good morning friends,

My Thursday

breakfast - oatmeal with 2 Tbsp peanut butter for protein (we were out of almonds), coffee with skim milk

lunch - rice and beans with a little sprinkle of cheese, cucumber salad, water

snack - leftover from my Wednesday baking, one small slice of fruit tart, but was low on calories from breakfast and lunch so it balances out. And now all my baked goods are gone, thankfully.

dinner - lots of veggies in asian-inspired meal! Homemade spring rolls with carrot, red pepper, cucumber wrapped in rice paper, with soy/peanut dipping sauce. Stir fried onion, cabbage, broccoli over quinoa/millet. Iced decaf green tea. Yummy.

snack - fairly light dinner, and small portions, so was hungry by 8:30 pm or so. 1 slice of pumpkin bread with walnuts. I was totally wanting to eat some chocolate, but put my foot down and went for something that was still a little bit sweet but had a good balance of carbs and protein, and less fat.

No exercise - crazy busy day at work again chock full of meetings. But felt good to be OP again with eating.

Not weighing because of TTOM. And feeling sort of crabby today :mad: - probably because of TTOM but also work stuff. You know when you get a new person on the job and it's like, "great, there is a new person here, so it will lighten my load." But then you have to train said new person, who may be starting from absolute zero and be lacking in common sense, so now you have to do the work you did before PLUS trying to hold this person's hand to get them to a point where they can be some level of helpful. Instead of looking at his training schedule, which he was too lazy to read himself, he came to me while I was in the middle of adding up a bunch of numbers to ask me what was on his schedule today. Not real clued in to his environment. Yep, that's the spot I'm in today. Don't want to be mean to this new guy but it's really trying my patience, and of course putting more time and energy into him means less time and energy I can put into my own goals - but I'm working out this afternoon, come what may, as that will certainly help me feel a little bit less :rollpin:

Vixsin 10-01-2010 10:10 AM

Yay for new months! This is my birthday month!!!!! :)

I'm seeing some of that water weight from the fair go away. I am down .6 to 235.8. I'll take it. I will be on plan all weekend long so I am confident that I will have good news to report on Monday. Even with the date with the hottie on saturday. :cofdate:

Eats today are planned

Breaky: greek yogurt w. kashi, granola bar, string cheese, sm apple = 460
Lunch: chicken w black beans, pesto green beans, salad, string cheese = 481
Snack: baby carrots, string cheese, 2 sm apples = 230
Supper: planning on tilapia with shredded cheese on a wheat wrap. Maybe 2 of those. I've got enough in my calories for 2

Lauren: Glad you're feeling better!! :hug:

Raven: Great job! You'll be back in onederland very very soon!!!

Krampus: :welcome2:

Dallas: Don't worry about catching up. Were all in this together! :)

Love2b: Hi! :wave: Glad you're here.

LindseyLou 10-01-2010 10:13 AM

Happy FRIDAY!!!! :D
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start this month and has big goals for October!!!
I can't believe it's already OCTOBER! Where did 2010 go?

Today the plan is to stay around 1200 cals and of course do Pilates for 30 mins, possibly a run later tonight...?

My goal for next weeks weigh in (10/6) is to be at 170! 2.4 pounds to go!
The month's goal is to be at 162 or less by Halloween. 10.4 pounds to go!

Everyone have a lovely Friday and enjoy your weekend! I'll post again later on... :)

blueridgegirl 10-01-2010 10:18 AM

My goal for this month is to stay OP up until I go on vacation Oct 18, and would love to drop two more pounds to be at 195 by the time I leave for vacation. Then when I'm gone for 2 1/2 weeks (Peru!) I am going to avoid alcohol and sweets. I think I'll get plenty of exercise in with walking (and hiking...have you seen the mountains around Macchu Pichu?) I need to do more thinking about how to stay on track while I'm away. I definitely do not want to gain, and would be great if I could even lose a pound or two during those 2 1/2 weeks...but will think about that as the date draws closer.

Diana - thanks for getting us started, as always!

Lauren - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Krampus - welcome!

Love - that's a great story about eating out. The bread basket can be a killer, for sure. And, yes, definitely do not move your ticker up, you are going to get back down to that number and beyond.

Dallas - congrats on keeping up with food journaling! And I love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! Super fun!

Everybody else - let's make it a great month and make some progress! Don't forget, this is a Halloween month - who's with me on NOT eating any halloween candy this year?

Diana3271 10-01-2010 10:19 AM

Blueridge The rolls you made, are they like Fresh Basil Spring Rolls/Summer Rolls? Like this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Thai-Ba...ce/Detail.aspx

LindseyLou 10-01-2010 10:31 AM

Blueridge - I'm with ya - NO Halloween candy! :)

StuffedBunny 10-01-2010 10:41 AM

I want to try to be under 200 by the end of this month!

Today my meals are gonna look like this:
Breakfast: Orange Juice and breakfast cookie
Snack: Trail Mix
Lunch: Apple Pecan half sized salad, from Wendy's
Snack: a few fiber fruit chews (actually kinda tasty)
Dinner: Chili and a bread stick.

According to fitday the calories come right around 1200, so perfect.

Went to the gym this morning and did 22 mins of cardio. Was up to doing 35 mins a month ago but failed to be consistent and have thus fallen behind on it.

Vixsin 10-01-2010 10:58 AM

Blue: You're going to do great! You're already off to a great start. Your dinner from last night sounds SUPER yummy!!! :drool: I am going to try and not eat halloween candy. That holiday is normally where my weight loss journey starts to tank. This year I am really going to have to be strong!!

Bunny: Great job on that exercise. It always feels good to get back on that horse, doesn't it?

L R K 10-01-2010 11:04 AM

blue - Training can be tough, I know exactly how you feel! But it will get better.

Vixsin - Yay for birthday months!!!! Where are you going on your date??

LittleL - This year has gone by super fast!!!! Nice to see you back for another month :D

Bunny - Great to see you getting your exercise in!

roxannestags 10-01-2010 12:10 PM

A little bit of a ramble warning:soap:

Ok so I am feeling a little discouraged. :(

I was running late yesterday, didn't have time to make dinner so ordered pizza. :jeno: Ok such a cop out but :shrug:

I had been good all day. Ate an apple for breakfast, a potato with ground turkey and cheese for lunch and no snacks. Plus had managed to drink all 60 oz of water! So pizza shouldn't have been a problem for dinner. A slice wouldn't have been too bad. High in fats but I was going to be sensible. But then my last option for the puppy did not pan out just as I was in the middle of eating and since my coping mechanism is eating...well I overate.

I want to keep this puppy so badly but I really can't. I don't own this house, my sister does. The deal is that when I am done school I buy it from her and pay the lot rent until I am done school and take over all payments at that point. It's a trailer and the trailer park has pet rules about how many we can have. I'm already over the limit. My sister found out about the puppy and was furious. :mad: Even though I didn't intend to keep her, she was still mad. I do see their point, I really do...but it was so hard to just walk away and leave her. And I didn't want to send her to the pound. My sister is the type of person that could walk away and leave an abandoned dog. But I can't. As of typing this though, my friend just called and is going to try one more friend who has a farm and may take her. :carrot:

So anyway, even though dinner wasn't healthy and I ate more than I planned I was still doing good calorie wise and water wise. I was under my calorie limit for the day.

So I get on the scale this morning. Before taking care of my morning rituals :o
Scale shows me up by 3 pounds again. Get off, take care of my morning rituals and then decide to weigh again and now I'm up by 4! :tantrum:

What on earth? I just don't feel like I am getting anywhere!!:?: I'm yo yoing between 4 pounds.

On the plus side, well I am getting the gym membership today and am going to make it a priority to go 3 time a week. I'm a lot nervous, but I really don't have the discipline to go work out on my own.

Maybe going to the gym will start my metabolism moving in the right direction...I hope.

I'll be back later for personals.

Roxanne

Diana3271 10-01-2010 12:44 PM

Raven Great job on the 1.4 pounds! :cheer2: Don't make me do Monday all over! :lol:

Blueridge Work sounds frustrating. Hang in there! Your vacation sounds wonderful!

Vixsin Great job of planning to stay on plan! ;) That's the way to get it done!

LindseyLou Great job on making goals for yourself!

StuffedBunny Great job on getting back to the gym. It takes time to build your endurance back up. You can do it!

Roxanne I hope you can find a good home for the puppy. I know that's frustrating for you.

Vixsin 10-01-2010 01:17 PM

Roxanne: Stay strong, girl! I hear you on those kinds of gains!!! I worked all September long to get rid of freakish water weight gains.:?::?::?::?:

This is a time to trust the process. You're doing everything right. The weight has NO CHOICE but to come off!!

I'm sure you're stressed about the pup too. I'm sure your body's holding onto a little of that too. :goodvibes: Sending you positive thoughts to find that pup a home! I can't walk by a stray animal either. :) It'll work out. You're a good person. :hug:

Thanks Diana! :hug: It's amazing how planning helps me feel free when it comes to food. No guesswork. No worrying. I LOVE it!!!!!

ebenz315 10-01-2010 02:07 PM

ok, combined menus from thurs and today:

Thurs:
Breakfast-corn muffin
Snack- iced coffee
Lunch- salad with italian dressing, ham, and cheese
Snack- clif bar
Dinner- meatloaf with mashed potato, green beans, gravy
Snack- my favorite fall drink- Woodchuck Hard Fall Cider

Total for the day: 1811 calories, slightly over, but I did about 5 hours of waitressing, (oh yeah, my parents own a restaurant where all the food is good. and i wonder why i have junk in the trunk!)

So far today I have had:
B- corn muffin
S- tea with cream and sugar
L- meatloaf leftovers from last night
S-a few canadian mints, and a few chocolates from my desk...i HATE having chocolates on my desk!

so far: 900 calories

its pretty stormy here, don't know if we will get out for a walk, but i am hoping to. we are also helping my sister move into her house tonight and i heard talk of pizza, so i think i better watch it for the rest of the day!

stacygee 10-01-2010 02:07 PM

Roxanne- I know that pizza problem. I can actually eat a WHOLE large… if it is there I just keep going back, going back, going back. I just can’t have it near me at all. Get to the gym and forget about that pizza!! My kids want pizza a lot and I just buy those cheap Totinos for them. I hate those and they love them. I don’t eat a bite!

Anyway- I really enjoyed seeing ya’lls goals for the month. Of course I hop I can lose 10 pounds but I have a couple of other goals that may be more important. I want to organize my weekly meals. Maybe write it all in a notebook and coordinate it to a shopping list. That way every week can already be planned and a shopping list. I think I’ll need to make 2 weeks of a plan and alternate each week. I may also need to find a couple of other dinner meals as my husband is getting bored.

Better get started!!

Stacy

ravenjeh 10-01-2010 02:07 PM

roxanne: Don't give up, girl! You are doing good! Don't feel bad about the pizza, because when you think about it, what would you have been eating if you hadn't been dieting? You would probably have been making unhealthy food choices all day, PLUS the pizza. Every baby step is victory; you made the decision to watch what you eat and become healthier. Be proud of yourself!

diana: I promise I won't bring Monday upon us again this week, lol! haha

vixsin: Oooooo, where are you going on your date? ;)

I've been wondering... with all of us battling water weight, ESPECIALLY during TTOM, has anyone tried anything like Dirurex? I've never tried it and I don't know if it's a supplement or even healthy. Just curious if that would help out during the times when we can seem to drop that water weight. Opinions?

ebenz315 10-01-2010 02:14 PM

roxanne- i am so the type of person the cannot leave an kind of animal behind, i have rescued quite a few animals, and i hope you are able to find a good loving home for the pup!

raven- i am very curious to get everyone's opinions on the diurex...i have some sitting in my cabinet as we speak, i tried taking it once, but like everything else, didn't follow through....wonder if it works for anyone? is it healthy? these are the questions we need answered people!

cincimini 10-01-2010 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear about the puppy roxanne :hug:. But great job on getting the gym membership. I've been going for about 5 weeks (but just started the serious diet thing about 3 weeks ago) and I can tell you - I HATED it too! However, once I made myself go for a few weeks and really went regularly (3 times at least), I started feeling bad when I didn't go. Now I'm almost looking forward to it. It just makes me feel like I'm really doing all I can and while I'm still putting a towel over the timer on the treadmill (if I don't I just stare at it and time seems to crawl), it's a great feeling to see the "xxx calories" at the end of your workout :carrot:.
Can you maybe find someone to go with you? I have a couple friends who go with me and it helps to get me there on days when I feel like blowing it off :D.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll manage :hug:.

Okay, now the official check-in:

B - apple, 3 wholewheat crackers, coffee with 100ml low-fat milk (we can't get skim milk here, it's very annoying!!!!)

L - wholewheat roll - one side with Philadelphia 5% Chili cream cheese, the other with 5% cream cheese and 2 slices of Lachsschinken (I've never seen this in the US, but it's basically thin slices of ham made from the filet piece - only has about 3% fat and is delicious!)

D - 150g sesame-crusted seared Tuna, soy-glazed snap peas, and a diet coke

Will be working on another liter of water through the rest of the night and may have a piece of fruit later.

Work out: Went to the gym today and did 5k on the elliptic thingy - more than ever :woohoo: :woohoo: . Usually after 30 mins, I'm ready to dismantle the darn thing, but today - I felt totally fine and decided to keep going until I hit the 5k mark. Burned off 450 cals plus whatever the weight cycle does for me :carrot: .

In other news, I had to go clothes shopping today (have a second interview on Monday and can't go in the same suit I wore on Thursday :lol: ) and it was so depressing to get the size 50 shirt (about 24/26 in US) :( . Definitely kicked my arse in gear even more though :D.

PS: I know this whole thing is about output > input but is there a good way to work out your "basic cal use"? Sorry, it's probably explained somewhere but I still have trouble remembering where all the threads are :o .

Diana3271 10-01-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincimini (Post 3504269)
PS: I know this whole thing is about output > input but is there a good way to work out your "basic cal use"? Sorry, it's probably explained somewhere but I still have trouble remembering where all the threads are :o .

Cincimini Great job at the gym! I'm not clear about your question. Are you wanting to know how many calories you should be eating? Or how many calories the body burns in a day?

cincimini 10-01-2010 02:55 PM

Sorry - reading back I don't even really understand my own question :lol: . Yes, basically I'm just wondering how I can figure out the amount of calories my body burns throughout the day, without work outs or anything. It'd be helpful in figuring out how I can get my calorie intake to be smaller than the calories burnt in a day.

Diana3271 10-01-2010 03:02 PM

cincimini I think a lot of people use electronic devices like Body Bugg, etc. I'm sure they will give you a better idea of calories in and calories out. I don't have anything like. I have use this as a guideline and it has worked pretty well for me. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html

cincimini 10-01-2010 03:04 PM

Thank you :hug:

ebenz315 10-01-2010 03:19 PM

I have a GoWear Fit, by BodyMedia. Same thing as a bodybugg, just cheaper. I got it from Amazon. I LOVE it!!!!!

Vixsin 10-01-2010 03:40 PM

Raven & Lauren: We are meeting at a pastry shop :eek: getting a tasty treat and a cup of coffee and are going to walk around town. It's a quaint little college town that is great for walking around or people watching. It's always really busy.

I'm excited. He seems really nice and NORMAL!!!!! :yikes: Fingers crossed for me! :crossed: I'm not getting any younger, ya know!!! :)

I'm off the grid until Monday when I get to work. I'll be thinking about you guys! Everyone have a great weekend!!!

:wave:

cincimini 10-01-2010 03:45 PM

Sounds nice - have fun Vixsin :hug:.

ebenz - thanks, that looks very useful. Will definitely think about getting one.

dallasgirl1 10-01-2010 03:46 PM

Hi Gang. :) Can't believe it's October already! What in the world?!

I had a muffin for breakfast - 250 (My purchased sweets are gone with that but I wish I could send a photo of the temptations stacked in our little kitchenette next to me - ridiculous amount of bake sale leftovers, donuts, cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, cookies, cookies - but I'm staying strong)

Buffet for lunch (spinach salad w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, ranch, cottage cheese), roll, 10 bite sized fried okra, a couple of spoons of ice cream, 2 strawberries, spoon of whipped cream, 1 small chunk of pineapple - 900
I could have done much worse but I'd been craving a salad bar and now I'm set.

1150 calories and it's almost 4:00pm
Plans for the gym this evening. And that's about it so far.

Anyone else have fun weekend plans?

dallasgirl1 10-01-2010 04:18 PM

Roxanne: I hope you love your gym and that it's the key you need to get over this discouraging 4 pound thing! You're still posting, you're aware, you were healthy the rest of the day instead of just eating badly ALL day. :) You're doing great things! Good luck finding a home for the puppy!

stacygee 10-01-2010 06:00 PM

Hi Girls! So much going on at once! Whew!

I have used Diurex pretty regularly around my time of month or when I feel especially bloated. By regularly I mean for maybe 3 days in a row once a month. I have had no ill side effects from it and I believe it helps my bloat feeling. I know that prolonged usage of a diuretic can be dangerous so only use it when you feel you must. It can throw off your potassium levels which I believe is bad for your heart.

I actually forgot lunch today. I go to the grocery store and was like OOP- I am hungry! I opened a little package of lean deli turkey and munched on that. In the past I would have gotten a BIG bag of cookies.

Stacy