3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/213745-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aoctober-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

ravenjeh 10-02-2010 10:13 PM

roxanne: Congrats on the 1.4!!! That is AWESOME!:carrot:

littlelindsey, dallas, penguin, lauren: I loooove your doggie profile pictures! I'm going to have to use a pic of my dog, but I will have to choose between the 3 of them, lol.

blueridge, diana, love2b, cinci, mamap, playground, nicole, vixsin and anyone else I left out: :wave:

Ok, today was better than yesterday. I stayed OP as best as I could. We went shopping and Sam's and it was sample day. Ughhhh, the temptation! I did have a sample of chicken ravioli with pesto. It was awesome, lol. After that, my will power was waning. I decided to allow myself to have some vegetables again. I stopped last week because I was afraid it would mess with my weight loss. But at this point, I think some veggies will make me a tad bit more satisfied and therefore, less likely to cheat. So all I had veggie-wise was a bag of frozen corn. I cooked it and added some green salsa and fat free sour cream. YUM! It totally hit the spot. It was way too many carbs though. I think I will try to stick to green veggies.

Here was my day:
Pumpkin Pie shake
Vegetable Lasagna entree
Chocolate Cheesecake shake
Chicken Pasta Parmasan entree
Corn with salsa

PA: Too busy to workout again! :(

LindseyLou 10-02-2010 10:14 PM

Hi everyone! :D Gosh, today was so beautiful out...so beautiful that my husband and I went on a 3+ mile walk! We're crazy I guess. It's pretty hilly in TN so there was a lot of going uphill...whew, I was tired! Got my paper pretty much done...big relief! Hope everyone had a great Saturday! :)

Here's my calorie breakdown for today:
B- English muffin w/ strawberry jam 170
L- Ham sandwich w/ pasta salad ~830
D- Cup of soup w/ crackers 200
~1200
( Not entirely sure of the cals in my lunch, but I guessed higher that I think it would be just to be safe...it was sooooooo yummy. ;) )

3+ mile walk (lots of hills) 1.5 hours :)

Movie time! Night everyone! See you tomorrow! :)

LindseyLou 10-02-2010 10:14 PM

raven- pumpkin pie shake? where can I find one? :)

dallasgirl1 10-02-2010 10:24 PM

Lindsey, Yay on the paper and 3+ miles! We had the same weather but WINDY at times!

Raven, I loved your corn idea! I love corn salsa and I guess there's no reason that can't be turned into a side dish.

I had way overripe bananas and made banana/oatmeal/raisin muffins. I actually took the time to calculate the calories (sadly, something I've never done!!!) according to every ingredient. It took some time but I worked them out to be 167 calories apiece. Felt empowering to work it out. A cup of skim milk too. 400 calories popping me up to around 2100. (I should have had 1 instead of 2).

A far cry from the 1200 calories many of you achieve day after day! But I burned 8-900 and hope it will balance out for the day.

I'll do better tomorrow. Gym is on the schedule with a friend of mine. Woo hoo.

MamaP 10-02-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo (Post 3505847)
raven- pumpkin pie shake? where can I find one? :)

I make mine with vanilla protein powder and SF pumpkin pie syrup - like for coffee. I also have added in SF Cheesecake flavor Jello pudding mix for a pumpkin pie cheesecake shake.

ravenjeh 10-02-2010 11:02 PM

littlelindsey: I'm on the HMR diet (one of those medically supervised diets where you buy food from a hospital that sponsers it). I drink a few HMR shakes a day on this diet. I use the vanilla flavor and add pumpkin pie spice and splenda. It's good! You can substitute my shake for a vanilla protein shake, I'm sure :)

Diana3271 10-02-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2b150 (Post 3505829)
Diana what kind of rice did you have? I would love to eat some that's low in calories. I will eat the brown rice but don't particularly care for it. :)

Love I served the regular Uncle Ben's White rice. There's not much difference between the white and whole grain brown, nutrition wise. DH prefers the white, so why make him eat something he doesn't particularly like. :lol:

White rice nutrition:

Serving Size: 1/4 cup (49 g dry/1 cup cooked)
Calories: 170
Calories from Fat: 0
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 37 g 12 %
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0 %
Protein 4 g

Whole grain brown rice nutrition:
NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (47 g dry / about 1 cup cooked)
Calories: 170
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Carbs. 35 g 12 %
Protein 5 g

patchworkpenguin 10-03-2010 12:54 AM

October 2,

hot coffee
blueberry muffin

butternut soup
mix veggies
½ turkey sand
2 cookies

honey graham crackres

4 slices thin crust sausage pizza

ice cream

Exercise
Ped = 5,270

Weight,

LindseyLou 10-03-2010 10:37 AM

Thanks Raven and MamaP! I will have to try that...sounds yummy!!!! :) Where do you think I can find some pumpkin spice? Not familiar with pumpkin at all, lol.

Gooooood morning everyone! :)

stacygee 10-03-2010 10:57 AM

WOW! I was unable to log on yesterday and I think I missed a months worth of news from all of you. You girls are living life in the FAST LANE!

Yesterday was funny. When I go to my friends house (she hasn't seen me since I started losing weight) she glanced at me and ssaid "Oh- your hair looks good today." I thought it strange because it was just pulled back in a hair clip...but I just said thanks. So later when our other friend arrived she was like, "Oh Stacy- you have lost so much weight." I was like only 35 pounds. My first friend said, "Oh- I knew something was different I just didn't know what... it's not your hair... it's your weight!" Anyway- not so funny as I type the story out. But, that's what happened. Anyway, that was a whole day scrapbooking with my girlfriends and I stayed true to my diet. YAH. But I was still up about a pound... I guess b/c I just sat and scrapbooked all day. At least I went to spinning in the morning.

Stacy

ravenjeh 10-03-2010 11:30 AM

littlelindsey: I use the pumpkin pie spice found in the baking aisle at any grocery store. I believe it is simply a mixture of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and a few other spices.

dallasgirl1 10-03-2010 11:55 AM

Stacy: Nice to get your accomplishments recognized! And yay on the spinning. I've never done it, but I remember hearing that you can burn up to 900 calories in a class!

I've misplaced my little food journal! Must hunt it down today and fill in yesterday's information!

This morning was leftovers from yesterday:
Eggs/cheese 250, 2 biscuits 200, turkey bacon 150, gravy 150: 750
OJ: 100+

850 calories at noon. I'm rounding up to be on the safe side.

I may have mentioned that I job hunted all summer to no avail. I've worked at the university for 6.5 years and am really ready for change. I noticed a house the other day I thought looked nice and have a realtor showing it to me this evening. Here I am applying for jobs in Charleston, SC, and Boulder, CO and looking at houses in KY. lol Obviously, I'm bored.

Rainy day has me laying low until the gym. :) Have a good Sunday everyone!

ja23 10-03-2010 12:10 PM

Today Sunday 3rd Oct

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix cereal and semi skimmed milk
Lunch: Ham and Chicken sandwich on brown bread with no mayo or butter
Dinner: Beef and Chicken Soup

Also had a sneaky glass of wine! Did 35mins speed walking

I am 5ft 6'' and currently weigh 135lbs - In your experience if I diet like this for 6 weeks, how much do you think I would then weigh? Need motivation!!!

Good Luck to everyone x x x

roxannestags 10-03-2010 02:13 PM

Ja: If you look on the web there are formulas that tell you how many calories you need to eat to be able to lose weight.

According to about.com if you keep your calories around 1362 you should lose approximately a pound of week.

But if there is one thing we have all learned, you can't account for how much you should lose. Sometimes, even though you have been completely on plan you lose weight and sometimes you don't. You just have to keep plugging away at it.

Good luck!
Roxanne

roxannestags 10-03-2010 02:20 PM

So this morning has me buried in Statistics homework. I have been seriously procrastinating on it. Badly! lol :o The stuff makes my head hurt! :?:

I got up at 7 this morning which was nice to sleep in for a change. I didn't feel like eating right away (you know how much I HATE eating breakfast) so I thought I would work on some of my homework and then eat. I look up and its 11! So I grabbed some deli meat and had that. I'll eat a little more in a couple hours.

We are going to have baked fish with zucchini and mushrooms for dinner today. I might also finally make the baked green tomatoes. Fresh whole wheat bread out to top that off nicely as well. Hmm, I can't wait till dinner! :D

Ok back to drown myself in stats!!

:grouphug:

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss

For every 5lbs lost: :yay:
:yay:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...Xe3/weight.png