Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #76  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I have a few random goals but I will keep it short.

I want to be able to wear my husband's jeans.
I want to sit down and not see a jelly roll in front of me. (the last jelly roll to go).
I don't want my thighs to rub together. I don't want them to know each other exist.
I want my arms to look like regular arms.
I want all the jiggly fat on my arms, thighs and stomach to GO AWAY!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

So many of these goals sound fantastic! I totally relate to the "not wanting to apologize for how much space you take up" thought, even though I hadn't thought about that one before. Along the same vein as that and the airplane seats, I will add:

I want to be small enough that when I hop on the crowded bus to ride into campus in the morning, I won't feel guilty or embarrassed squeezing into a seat next to someone!

A more long-term random goal is that I want to increase my general fitness level enough to go back to Arches National Park in Utah (my favorite place in the whole US) and be able to clamber around on any old rock formation that I can and explore without physical limitations.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

ok, I have a few more to add...

I want to be able to go to a restaurant and sit in a booth without worrying that I won't fit in the booth.

I want to be able to not walk in to a room and automatically start scanning it to see if I am the fattest one there.
jilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

I love this thread, it is reminding me of so many things simple things that I deserve to be able to do, and can look forward to.

I miss:
-Crossing my legs, it. has. been. years. since I have been able to do such a simple and feminine thing.

-Getting hit on by normal men. (Not old creepers or men who make me want to pull out the pepper spray!) **I AM NOT saying that only wierdos hit on heavy woman, God knows that is not true. I'm saying it hasn't happened to me in a while.**

-Share clothes with my best friend, she has great style and loves playing dress up with me. She has lost a lot of weight and looks fantastic, it has been a long time since we were the same size!

-I miss craving healthy food and I am looking forward to getting to that point again.

-have knee pain because I have a bad knee, not because I have piled on a ton of weight onto these joints.

-NOT making a big scene getting up off the floor (I'm way too young for that).

-*Really* Smile in pictures again!

-I MISS feeling sexy, it is a large part of who I am and who I need to be to feel happy, but I haven't felt it in so. long.

I want to, but have never been able to:
-Have fun shopping for clothes with my little sister. Now, I get bored just ooking at the accessories in her stores, wait for her in the fitting room or sneak off to the one plus sized store.

-Buy nice undiewears I would have just a few very nice, beautiful and well made pieces.

-Enroll in the 12 week burlesque class in the next city over.

Last edited by BigBlueStar; 01-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 195/189.6/165

Height: 5'11"

I would love to not have my thighs touching.
I've noticed how other girls my height look so much taller just because they're thinner. Their legs look a mile long, while mine just look...idk, not. If I get slimmer, I think my legs will look waaay better.
I want to love being photographed by other people. I can manipulate the camera to take a good picture, but it seems like everyone else is an expert at making me look horrible! hahah.
I want to defy the freshman 15 when I get to college, and I want to be the girl at the reunion party who still looks great, and hasn't gained 50 or so pounds. I want to maintain being thin for my whole life.

I feel silly for saying this, but I want the boy who broke my heart to be in awe when he sees me and regret choosing her over me.
uhlysse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #81  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

Collarbones. I have them again. I was just noticing them and they are back. I remember having them at one time in my life and now they are back again. WOO HOO. I know it's silly but seeing them actually made me feel like I'm FINALLY getting somewhere with this whole new lifestyle.

BigBlueStar ~ I totally understand where you are coming from with the men thing. I was actually dressed in the cutest outfit with my hair all done up to go try and get hit on by someone cute when a "friend" totally sabotaged me. I ended up not going out at all. Now I have to wait until I have money to try again but I'm determined. I am going to that restaurant/bar down the street one Wednesday and I'm going to get a free drink from a cute guy and not some old man. Amazingly, I've pretty much always been able to get old men to buy me drinks (I think it's the ample cleavage).

uhlysse ~ I haven't had a picture of me taken in YEARS. I would love to not be afraid of the camera. That's a great goal.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

Jesse - LOL! I feel ya, old men loooove me. Going out to me means having my 'man-catchers' out and I'm a terrible flirt by nature so I suppose I encourage it too.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #83  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Man-catchers is my new favorite word. Ha ha!
annieoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #84  
Calorie Counter

Man-catchers ~ that is great!!! On the night stated above when my "friend" sabotaged me (aka fought with me to the point of tears) in the middle of the fight he had to stop and yell at me "put some damn clothes on" to which I replied "I'm dressed, what's your problem?" (remember, I was dressed for a bar) and his reply was classic "They're distracting." Apparently our man-catchers are entities all of their own and have the ability to distract even the most angry man. LOL. Right now that's the best recent memory of him. Still makes me laugh.

Last edited by Jesse Taylor; 01-10-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 282/231/190

Height: 5'10

Haha that's great Jesse!
I've never really thought of quite how much power we wield with them :P
nessalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #86  
Calorie Counter

What truly amazes me is that my man-catchers are still the same size as a year ago. I'm still wearing a bra from October 2008 which is WAY WAY before I started losing weight. Fortunately, they look way better with a slenderer waist below them although I do believe they are totally messing with my BMI.

Power to the Man-Catchers!! LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i would love to wear short shorts and feel good in them. The only way i could wear them right now is with tights, and that wont do for summer.

i would love to wear a size 9, i'm about 2 inches away from fitting in them.

i would love to wear all my dresses without my tucking shirt, or tights to keep me from jiggling around.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

I love this thread! I don't have much to say that hasn't been said here before, but I'll list my random goals, anyway:

-Cross my legs easily! Right now, I have to, like...pull my heel until my leg is securely placed over the other. Usually I'll feel comfortable once that's done, but even then sometimes my leg will slip a big and I'll have to hold it. I'm sure it's a very awkward thing to watch and I don't want to put up with it anymore.

-I want to wear cute, high-waist shorts and skirts with shirts tucked into them without fearing my saggy belly pouch.

-I've always had chubby, stubby little fingers, even when I was at a normal weight, but they've gotten worse as I've gained. I want to be able to get my nails done or wear rings without it looking weird or fattening.

-I don't want to worry about squishing people when I sit on their laps or whatever.

-I want to put an end to the contest going on between my boobs and my belly in terms of which sticks out farther when I sit or stand.

-I want to be able to see my ribs when I suck in or stretch.

-I don't want to feel so huge and self-conscious changing in front of my friends.

-A goal for the near-future: goodbye, back rolls.

Last edited by Eurydice; 01-10-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 259/259/200

Height: 5'2"

Those sound like great goals. We share some of the same goals. Best wishes to you on your journey!
KeKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #90  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I want to be someone who goes to dinner and eats a huge meal and has everyone going "how does that tiny girl eat all that?!"
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote