3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**August Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208706-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aaugust-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

brandilou2 08-13-2010 10:03 PM

I have NOT been doing a good job of writing down my beverage intake daily as I planned.

The GOOD news is that I did keep a total ounce count and I had 70 ounces of sugary beverages for the week. That is 280 less ounces than I had been consuming.

For my two other goals:
1) I only worked out twice instead of four times :(
2) I kept my breakfast carb count between 27-32 grams daily so that is a success!

Today is my weigh in day, but I didn't go to the gym. I am going to go sometime tomorrow.

For the next week, I am going to work on maintaining beverage calorie intake, get exercise up to 4 times and maintain breakfast carbs.

Diana3271 08-13-2010 10:22 PM

brandilou2 Sometimes it takes a while to get adjusted to keeping track of this stuff. You will get it. You are still making improvements.

dream710 08-13-2010 10:23 PM

Breakfast 1 cup fiber one honey clusters with 1 cup skim milk
Lunch: 1 bagel thin, with 1 slice honey ham,1 slice roasted turkey breast 1/2, 1 tbsp light miracle whip, 1/2 slice munster cheese
snack: 3/4 cup mixed fruit
Supper: 3 oz pork tenderloin, 1 1/4 cup pasta salad, 1/2 cup au gratin potatoes

calories: 1250
exercise: 0
water 7 so far

weigh in: 177.5

coleb 08-13-2010 11:12 PM

Breakfast:
Soy latte 114

Lunch:
Sumo Salad - Regular
1/2 Pumpkin & Pinenut leafy salad 183
1/2 Pumpkin cous cous 117
2 slices of Parmesan bread 514

Dinner:
?

Total: 928 calories

jendiet 08-13-2010 11:20 PM

golly, i can't keep up, i have to open 2 browsers so i can read and reply on them seperately.

Ok, today wasn't too bad, not nearly as much activity. It sure started our rough though.

8-13-10 wt 181.6
food: 1767 calories. It says i overate by 436 cs. it wants me to eat 1331 calories per day to meet my goal of 135 by Jan 4 2011.

exercises or NEAT:
WALKING 30 min (DELIVERING M.O.W): 108 CS
COOKING 1 hr216 CS
CLEANING 1 hr199 CS
WALKING WITH FRIEND 45 MIN 2.5 mph 195 CS

TOTAL burned: 718 CS

analysis of intake vs. expenditure: 556 cs below what I am supposed to eat to maintain weight. + 718 burned =1274 total loss. only +187 from goal. This means this formula is BETTER for weight loss the SAFE way.

calorie ratio: 42:37:21

cal 1767 -436
fat 75g
carbs 148 g
protein 83g
trans fat 5g
sat fat 30g (red flag)
chol 263
sodium 1960
net carbs 135
fiber 13g
sugars 78g
calcium % 112

so not too bad, I did have a rough start--and my dark chocolate covered rasberry filled cookies made it into the menu pretty quickly. I did resist other fattening food though. my hormones are acting funny cuz i'm trying to ovulate but am so stressed --so i really am craving chocolate bad.

Wysteria, i hope you do find something nutritious. I am sorry you are grieving, but you don't want to throw your body out of whack.

abi, your plan of allowing yourself more calories but doing a little more time at the gym is a great formula for muscle growth. you are so smart. A PhD is wow.

Paradise, i made deer meat tacos tonight. absolutely delicious and a bit healthier than beef tacos. good job on resisting tb.

Lauren, i am probably the most finicky penny pincher type shopper around--so i do spend alot of time to make sure i get what i want and that it is the best deal. that really wears me out though. Yay for good days!!! i'm so glad yours is going well.

Mister, i have been counting cs for 15 years at least. Basically with things like that you have to dissect the meal as best as possible. it's always better to overestimate than underestimate and limit those types of meals for that reason.

for example: take a hamburger completely apart and figure the calories from each individual thing.

also, you can use alot of online calculators for well known foods. i ususally look up three different sites and then average the three.

last, i have a NIFTY ipod app, that has so many contributed foods added to it, this makes calorie counting super easy!

You did a GREAT job on resisting another milkshake, i know how those MS's love company.

penguin, nice job on the walking and exercise!

MrSD, with something like that i usually put a limit on myself like "you can have one coming into work and one leaving work" or something like that. remember junk begets junk, once your blood sugar spikes, your body will NATURALLY crave more sugar to satisfy the subsequent insulin spike. You don't want spikes. you want a steady supply.

Blueridge! welcome back. I love bread and pasta too, i feel your pain.

fit, i love it when people report good days! nice job. keep it up.

penguin, you are so funny. My dog was acting cute but annoying all day. if he's around there is always something to do--you are right. congrats on 2000 posts.

Diana, you are doing great, you always are spot on with your calories and a real inspiration. I hope you are having a good weekend too!

anyone i missed-hey and keep going!!!

love, my downfall are snowballs, my daddy used to make them a special treat for us---so they are very nastalgic, not to mention delicious. I avoid them when i see them, unless i really haven't had one in a while. i found a healthier version of them--but it doesn't do the same thing for me--so i splurge on the real deal, but check my attitude--if i'm really missing my dad--then it's a NO GO. CUZ i'll eat 50 just keep the memory going. I already know on his b-day the 23rd. me and my son are having b-day cake of some sort for him. might make it snowballs instead--he loves them too. sigh--i miss my dad.

love2b150 08-14-2010 12:08 AM

:hug: Jen, I miss my Dad also :hug: He passed one day after his 62nd birthday in Feb 2002.

KeepLookinFwd 08-14-2010 01:01 AM

Alright everyone.. here I am being accountable! I stayed within my allowed points today at 27! I mowed a lot of lawn for my exercise today (a lot of obstacles to mowe around, which isn't all that easy!). I drank quite a bit of water.. taking water breaks often (which I don't normally do)! I was very conscious of what I was putting into my stomach today! Yay for being back on track.. IT FEELS GREAT! I am also starting to feel better.. keep going away laryngitis and sore throat! I'm so excited to be on this site posting again tonight, I feel so good about being more accountable! Thanks everyone for your great support.. it's awesome, and such a nice feeling to be supported.

GettinFit 08-14-2010 07:49 AM

Good mroning everyone :wave:

For those of you who are struggling, HANG IN THERE and you'll be rewarded for your hard work.

Congratulations to all who are doing good.

Last night was challenging for me but I made it through okay. I was in a snacking mood but I chewed some gum instead and it saved me. I tend to go into snacking mode on Friday evenings.

Today's Journal:

B: grits w/lf cheese, RF bacon, coffee
L: shrimp, salad w/RF dressing, vitamuffin top,
D: TBD
S: Pop chips or popcorn, 1/2 serv blackberry & banana smoothie
Exercise: FIRM Total Body Time Crunch (what a workout!)
Water: XXXX

patchworkpenguin 08-14-2010 01:22 PM

August 13,

2 iced coffee 100

meatloaf 150
pasta primavera w feta 300
= 550

Southwestern patty 260
Quinoa 130
homemade salsa 30
coffee 50
= 420

choc Greek yogurt 110
banana 100
Reddi-whip 30
=240

Total = 1455

Exercise
Ped = 5,216
45min cardio/plyometrics

Weight,

Andy, It may not seem like it now, but the longer you stick with your new lifestyle the less of a struggle it becomes. :hug: keep working at it.

Gettinfit, Hubby has Sun-Mon off. I like to snack on Sat afternoon's. I think its because our weekend is coming.

Forward, I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.

Jen, Junk Begets Junk. LOL, I like that. I'm sorry for your loss. I think having a snowball-cake for your Dad is a sweet idea. I have a friend who's second child, Mick, died when he was 2. That was 20 years ago but she likes to do something on his B-day to remember him.

Love, do you think trying to zig-zag the cals is making you want to eat more? I found that to be the case when I tried to zigzag. I have troubles with salads because 2 hours later I'm hungry again.

quietstorm970 08-14-2010 02:34 PM

Hello My Dears! :hug:

I have been away for a few days because I fell off plan. Since I plan on cutting carbs and loosely following South Beach, I just stupidly abandoned everything and will be starting fresh on Monday morning. I will go grocery shopping and cook for the week tomorrow.

I think its hilarious that when I was eating on plan last week I gained the 6 lbs I lost, even though I added a lot more veggies and drank loads of water. Maybe I was eating entirely too much carbs. Today, I weighed myself and I'm down 3.5 lbs. I'm not really eating great but I am watching my portions. Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me if you can? I'm not eating healthy foods, I had cheesecake last night and now I'm down 3.5 lbs! lol

Oooo I almost forgot! I reached my mini goal!! :carrot: I exercised 5 times each week for a month! That's big for me because I used to hateeeeeeeeee exercise and moving my body. Even on the days I binged and ate horribly, I made sure I exercised, even though it didn't make a difference. My new goal is exercising every day. I love it that much now.

Anywho, its good to see that you guys are hanging in there. I will be back on track right with you all next week, this I do know!!! :cb:

Diana3271 08-14-2010 09:11 PM

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend.

Total Approx 1715 calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 calories)
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 Calories
Venti iced coffee w/2 stevia & splash cream 50 calories

Dinner (1050 calories)
Hamburger steak 375 Calories
Gravy & mushrooms 60 calories
1/2 cup white rice 85 calories
Pole beans with ham seasoning 150 calories
beets 40 calories
tea 100 calories
1/2 piece French silk pie 240 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Mall Walk

love2b150 08-14-2010 09:43 PM

Penguin, I stopped trying to zig zag because of my lack of planning I couldn't get it right. So I figured since my calories aren't nearly the same they zig zag enough. Honestly I am still trying to figure all of this out. What I was doing in the beginning is no longer working. The plateaus set a mood for me that says, UGH, really loud while throwing my hands up :mad:. I'm not wanting to give up but when the scale doesn't move I think eat less. However when I try to eat less I eat more. The only time I eat less is when I am busy and that's because I forget. But when my day settles I actually taste things late in the evening that I haven't had (weird I know). I'm sorry for babbling ... I've felt bloated all day and I actually look bloated too. So ugly looking :mad:. on a brighter note ... We went to the mall today and I got 2 body shapers that made me feel and look really good. I also got this really cute black dress that my husband said was ugly until I put it on. He was impressed. :) My mood is getting better as I'm typing :hug: Well thanks for listening. Oh my salads fill me up pretty well. I love beets so I kind of go overboard with them and usually add chicken if I'm home. That salad last night was pretty big. Oh and my Mom is here making homemade banana pudding from scratch (none of that box pudding) ... so so good. But I won't have but a spoon or maybe not but it smells so so good.

Here are my eats for today 8/14/10

Breakfast (397)
Nutri grain whole wheat waffle, small banana, activia light vanilla yogurt, low sodium V8, 3/4 cup kashi heart to heart

Snack (220)
Cheddar Cheese pretzels then later at the mall a medium smoothie from Jasmine's

Dinner (405)
S/O pasta and spinach, cup of grapes, salad greens with ff 1000 island dressing

Snack (110)
Cheddar Cheese Pretzels

Total calories 1132 (ate 2 chips scoops of spinach & artichoke dip from chili's that my daughter brought home from a birthday dinner)
so total calories 1222
Water 32oz plus 16oz decaf green tea
Exercise 3 miles track <---finally

I am going to catch up on my water I will get another 32ozs in before bed

ParadiseFalls 08-14-2010 09:55 PM

Happy belated weekend!! I forgot to check in yesterday.

Yesterday I moved the entirety of my belongings from a 3rd-floor apartment and into a new one, so I think I burned a few calories! I didn't eat anything all day because I was rushing around, so when we finished and ordered pizzas, I ate a lot...

5 slices of pizza (2,000)
Total: 2,000

Today:
Breakfast/lunch: 2 slices of pizze (800)
Dinner: Mashed potatoes and an apple (560)
Dessert: wine (400)
Total: 1760

Diana3271 08-14-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietstorm970 (Post 3436585)
Maybe I was eating entirely too much carbs. Today, I weighed myself and I'm down 3.5 lbs. I'm not really eating great but I am watching my portions. Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me if you can? I'm not eating healthy foods, I had cheesecake last night and now I'm down 3.5 lbs! lol

Oooo I almost forgot! I reached my mini goal!! :carrot: I exercised 5 times each week for a month! That's big for me because I used to hateeeeeeeeee exercise and moving my body. Even on the days I binged and ate horribly, I made sure I exercised, even though it didn't make a difference. My new goal is exercising every day. I love it that much now.

Quietstorm Maybe when you were eating more fats you felt more satisified so overall you ate less? Also, I think I read here on chicks (so I don't know this for a fact, I just read it recently) that when you eat more carbs, your body needs more fluid to process it, so you body holds onto the fluid more. I don't know. I tend to have more problems with water weight than the average person and I tend to eat a good amount of protein and less starchy carbs. Great job on all the exercising!

Diana3271 08-14-2010 10:12 PM

Love2B I saw your post above. Do you think maybe your calories are a little low? I went to the Weigh In thread. I did a 7 day average for you. Your daily calorie average is 1250. I use this as a guide: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/1821967-post2.html It says you should have around 1600 calores a day. Maybe try bumping up your calories so you average 1600 calories a day. Try that for a couple weeks and see what happens. :hug: