Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #16  
Happy Member

I'm 83 years old.

It get worse as we get older.

Much worse.

Oh, well. We've just got to do the best we can.

But it really does get worse.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 05-27-2010 at 08:04 AM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #17  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

caryesings:
Quote:
The good news is everything you are doing are the healthy behaviours you need to be doing anyway at the age you are now.
THANK YOU for reminding me of that! - sometimes I get outta whack by noticing other women my age who just look SO FABULOUS - and I forget that they really ARE the minority! - most women, I think, in their late 40's are struggling just as I am.

Quote:
Can you imagine how much worse off you would be if you hadn't been dieting and exercising?
I imagine I'd be well over 200 lbs. That just scares the bejebus outta me. Then again, when I first hit over 150 lbs about 13 years ago, I was mortified. And mortified again when I hit 165, and again at 172... and again at 184... when I realized I was 192????.... ugh.

Quote:
Sorry, I'll try to get off my soapbox now but I'm really finding the process of having to lose 100 lbs. is turning out to be a bit of a blessing for health reasons.
I don't think you're "SoapBoxing" - seriously - YOU have done a FANTASTIC job of lowering your weight. I love reading your posts; you are truly an inspiration to me!

losermom:.
Quote:
You do look great regardless of your age. I thought that you were in your 30s by your avatar.

Thank you! - That's such a sweet compliment. I keep thinking I should update my picture, but I've got 20 extra pounds on me now, & I just think "Nah!-I can deal with THAT pic..." LOL!!!

Quote:
Most of my co-workers are trying to lose weight and most are about my age or older. But they are such a bunch of whiners! They whine about having to exercise, watch what they eat (while they're shoving down cookie after cookie) and watching the scale either move too slowly down or up. They all want to join me in the weight room but whine about it before and when they get there.
Ugh! - I hate when people do that! I HATE WHEN *I* DO THAT! Mostly I keep my spirits up, but sometimes I just get b*tchy/whiney & have to let it out. Ya know?

JoJoJo2:
Quote:
I'm 83 years old.

It get worse as we get older.

Much worse.

Oh, well. We've just got to do the best we can.

But it really does get worse.
YIKES... I don't mind aging, but I hate gett'n old!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 05-27-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote