Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 06:30 AM   #121  

Smile Tuesday am

Sometimes its just the little things! DH saw Oat Bran English Muffins and we had one each w/ veggie burgrs this am. DH really enjoyed his, feels the English Muffin has "more flavor " and makes him "more full". I agree, the change was nice. I'll know about 10 am if I'm still "full".

Tried Day 2 on the Total Gym- DH is two days ahead of me as I took a break-- His weight was down 4lbs this am- he's been on a plateau for nearly a month. Could just be coincidence but either way, DH says he's sure he'll look like Chuck Norris soon!

Time to make the lunches!

Today's thought is
When theres a hill to climb, don't think that waiting will make it smaller."

Last edited by Kaylets; 10-08-2002 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:40 AM   #122  

Smile Wonderful Wednesday!!!

Just a quick post to say hello and hope all is well with everyone-
(Running a time crunch this am)

Oct 9th's thought of the day is:

"Growth is the only evidence of life" John Henry- Cardinal Newman
Old 10-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #123  

Good day folks well I weighed in last night and was indeed disappointed lost only .6 but then again it was a loss not a gain. My leader did however point out that last week I was wearing shorts and this week I was wearing jeans and there is a 1lb difference in the weight of them. ( I know because I weighed them) so that isn't so bad. Im amazed at how hard it is for me to adjust to the temp change usaully I look forward to it being cooler because I always feel the heat even in the winter. Now with all the weight loss I can't seem to stay warm, I guess I'll just have to go shopping for more clothes isn't that a shame.haha.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:25 AM   #124  

Down .2 - I had expected a gain so I am thrilled. So back on plan now that I'm home again.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:42 AM   #125  

Smile Tremendous Thursday!!

Congrats ladies!!! Showing a drop on the scale, even one we wish was larger, is a loss-- You are making progress-- even though I know sometimes it feels like your standing still.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Remember when you were a kid and "can't wait to be older" --
If we only knew then !!!

Today's thought is:

"If you don't know where your going, you'll wind up somewhere else" --- Yogi Berra

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:56 AM   #126  

Smile Fabulous Friday!

Hello all!!

We did it! It's Friday! and here on the East coast its RAINING!! 24 hrs of rain so far, raining steadily, not too fast -- Probably won't break the drought but it's making a big difference.

Has anyone noticed the link on the 3FC home page " Other Dieters" - some folks have really nice sites- I don't know why I never noticed the link before-

Today's thought really hits the spot for me- went to bed late and woke up thinking " shouldnt excercise when you're this tired"-
Yet, I know that "warming up" the motor will make me feel less tired if I just try--

Today's thought
"
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"-- --Theodore Roosevelt

Old 10-12-2002, 10:13 AM   #127  

Smile Sat am

Seems like most of the rain has passed but it still feels like a rainy day- DH has baked 2 loaves of bread and a dozen apple muffins so far- Hope to get a big pot of soup on too-

Myself, just been putzing around online calculating WW points, made a few phone calls- FINALLY updated my address book- amazing how many addresses we collect !! Am nearly finished w/ "Lake News" by Barbara Delinsky- I think I'll ride the bike till the book is done.

Saw last 15 minutes of an interview by the author of "Fit from Within" --didnt get the woman's last name - her first name is Victoria ( I think) --the part of the interview I did catch she was explaining how if you just make the best possible choice everytime you are faced with a choice, you win everytime.
I will have to find her book- hmmm- rainy days are good library days!

Today's thought is
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take. "

Not sure who said this one- I think its an athelete but just couldn't remember who when I bumped into this quote last night. Anyone else remember?
Old 10-12-2002, 02:40 PM   #128  

Smile Couldnt help myself!!

Just saw this and couldnt resist sharing because its just soooo true!!

Reason for a Weight Gain:

Overeating.
Undereating.
Salt.
Lack of salt.
TOM (time of the month)
Not-TOM
You are wearing green.
You are not wearing green.
What you had for dinner last night.
What you didn't have for dinner last night.
Exercise.
Lack of exercise.
It's Saturday, Tuesday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Thursday.
Pre-menopause.
Post-menopause.
You're having a good hair day.
You're having a bad hair day.
You used more hairspray/gel/mousse than normal.
You have tennis shoes on instead of sandals.
You have sandals on instead of tennis shoes.
You forgot to take your shoes off.
The sun is shining.
It's raining.
You forgot to use your turn signal when turning into the parking lot at your meeting.
You don't even drive a car.
When it's too hot, my body's holding on to the water. After all, it needs to hydrate itself, doesn't it?
When it's cold, because my body is holding on to food to use as heat.
When it's just right, my weight gain is because of ...ummmmm....uhhhhh...
Alien invasion.

Sometimes, it just happens. You have a choice. You can THROW all your hard work away, because of a "bad hair day" or you can keep plugging away.......

Keep plugging away!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:32 PM   #129  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for sharing that, Kaylets!!! I enjoyed reading it!

Gosh, that's so true ... there's always that moment of choice that you can identify as the turning point in throwing away a good OP day. And tomorrow always seems like a good day to start, when today is just as good!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:46 PM   #130  

Hope you are all having a great weekendI know I am. I have been having a really good week this week staying in my points all week I have even managed to bank quite a few. I decided that I would treat myself this weekend, we went to the farmers market today and I got a new fall coat, I love it. After we left the market we decided to go out for breakfast, I thought to myself well this is where I can use some of my banked points.So I had a lovely breakfast and didn't eat again until dinner, no need to I was still full oh I did have a cup of grapes for a snack. After dinner I aded up all my points for the day and low and behold I didn't use them all or touch any of the points I banked. Maybe I will have some popcorn tonight while I get cozy in my chair to watch the movie we rented. It has been miserable weather wise here all day so hopefully tomorrow will be better. Have a good one folks.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:57 PM   #131  

Thanks for sharing the excuses, Kaylets. Probably used each of them at one time or another. Still reasonably happy with my food choices but not exercising much this week. Weather is rainy/gloomy here too, dollar. I've got to figure out some warm/cuddly thing to do too and put this machine to bed. Will probably at least watch Trading Spaces.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:00 PM   #132  

Just went back in posts to check out where, when, how much on this second challenge. I'm down 2.6 of the five but it's been forever.

If I buckle down the next two weeks though, I think I can wrap up this one. But my Halloween challenge is in dire jeopardy.

250/231.8/229.4 (5# challenge)/???

Last edited by anagram; 10-12-2002 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #133  

Anagram I hear you my Halloween chanlenge is also in jeopardy, I think it will take a miracle now for me to lose 9 more lbs in time. I think I set my sites a little high. Oh well that is ok I will take whatever comes (or comes off I guess) a little lost is better then none at all.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #134  

Smile Did someone say Trading Spaces??

I love Trading Spaces!!! Who's your favorite designer?

And you are soooo right Dollar-- If we weren't trying where would we be?? Wishing we were trying!!

And who says its too late ?? Don't give up your challenge yet!!
This game has lots of innings left!!

I use all of you for inspiration!!

Old 10-13-2002, 07:11 AM   #135  

Smile SUNDAY!!!!!

Hello all!!!

Hope today is exactly what you want it to be!!

Just read a post that hit home-- I'll paraphrase-- and hope I repeat it correctly-- Doctors feel that aprx 2600 calories a day will maintain your weight. Which makes me think about how those extra pounds were put on. For me, it was more quantity than quality, that's for sure--

Today's thought is :

Never give up on a dream, because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

If anyone knows the author of this one, please share.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
Closed Thread