Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 12:45 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!! Elbertine Pep here, reporting in from the Continent o' Renewed Vigor and Determination, where she's been walkabout for about a week. Beautiful country here, filled with fresh air, sunshine and trees full o' FRUIT & VEGETABLES, so it is easy to get FIVE a day as recommended by the U.S. government and the Power O' Five Team manager! Amarantha hath ended her eating day yesterday at 1745 calories, 70 minutes exercise. She saith she must work this a.m. so is just sending a general reply to all and an update with her best wishes that this will be HECK OF AN OP DAY!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Thanks be to Babette/WN Arabella for the update!!! Woo-hoo, you are on!

No correspondence at Power o' Five meetings! No juice paks (what ARE these?) No singing (well, maybe a little)!

Rycherbabe: Sorry to hear of your dad's illness but glad he is okay now. Congratulations on your 4.2 LOSS!!! That means you are the NEWEST WINNER O' FIVE POUNDS O' VIRTUAL GOLD as you have MET AND EXCEEDED YOUR GOAL!!! Woo-Hoo! Updateth when it pleaseth thee!!!

s Punkin & Kaylets: Thou continueth stalwart as ever!! Carry on!! Woo-Hoo! (Mmmm. Apple cake!)

List followeth!

SplittinMySeams: We are here!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-18-2002 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:54 PM   #32  
Empress/Queen

Default Rycherbabe hath reached her goal & then some!

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 6

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BOBSGAL, 3ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 1

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 8

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24, DOWN 3.6

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 7

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 3

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

PUNKINSEED, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 7, DOWN 2

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 7.2

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 4

Old 09-18-2002, 01:04 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

AND, NEVER TO FORGET, WOO-HOO!!! Babette hath chased away a pesky from the environs of the Block o' Royal Fitness Folk!!! Congratulations to the Wood Nymph Arabella/Babette for this accomplishment!! She is tops in our book!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:39 PM   #34  

Woefully, I must report (in the midst of such great losses) that I have ADDED .4 lbs this week. And that's after maintaining the last two weeks. So it's been three weeks since I had a loss.

Hmmm - could it be my body is fighting me now to hold onto those fluffy pounds? or could it be that I celebrated my birthday this weekend a mite too enthusiastically? Like with a beer AND cake plus (probably) too much food. I never felt stuffed and I know it was less than I would have celebrated with last year but I think the old bod grasps onto every calorie it can since it has been getting fewer.

At any rate - woeful, yes - discouraged, no. I may yet need to request an extension but am still willing to give myself the chance to make my next 5 lb date though it's been looking doubtful.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:05 PM   #35  
Is it Friday yet?

Oh Anagram, I'm sorry... isn't it odd how .4 gained can feel like 4 whole pounds??
Perhaps it was the birthday celebration (which if you indulged, you did so rightfully IMO), but it could be other things too. Do you keep a journal? Perhaps there's more going in than you realize, OR with exercising as much as you are you're not eating enough and your body is trying to hold on to its' fuel! You will break this plateau!!!!

Terri
Old 09-18-2002, 07:17 PM   #36  
wsw

congrats to rycherbabe! and to everyone for their hard work and perseverance. well, today was my goal date and i didn't make the entire 5, but at least am down by 4 and that feels good.
i'd like to do another 5 lb. challenge by oct. 20. have a good evening and take care, all.

wsw
Old 09-18-2002, 11:23 PM   #37  
Opera Diva

wsw - Great job! So what if you didn't make the entire 5? 4 is still a great loss.

anagram - I'm sorry you're on such a ridged plateau right now, but as far as I'm concerned birthday poundage does not count! Besides, .4 isn't even half a pound - consider it the weight of the cake you ate You'll kick it this week!

As for me, I just weighed in and not only am I down 3.5 pounds this week, but in the eyes of the always watching BMI calculator, I am finally in the "healthy weight" catagory. Just barely over that yellow line, but still, I'm there at 24.9!

Guinever
Old 09-19-2002, 03:49 AM   #38  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS!! Guinever hath chased away 3.5 and is in the healthy BMI category!! Congratulations, Guinever!! That's a really substantial loss.

Wsw: You've had a glorious challenge and chased four fluffernutters outta town!!! The Power o' Five Prize Committee hath informed that you have been awarded Five (Virtual) Bags o' Gold! It'll be in the mail! Congratulations! List update followeth!

Anagram: Don't worry, that .4 is probably already history! The really important thing is (and you said it yourself) IT'S LESS THAN YOU WOULD HAVE CELEBRATED WITH LAST YEAR! If you maintained for three weeks and gained only .4 of a pound, that's pretty much just a plateau ... you're right, the body clutches to every calorie when we cut even a little. It feels afraid you are going to starve it. At any rate, remember the policy of the Power o' Five, we don't consider a gain a gain until it's a week old, as it is doubtless water weight or something! "Keep a'going!" (That's a line from an old, old poem and it's corny but I like it!)

Amarantha hath ended her eating day at 1990 calories, 55 minutes of exercise. Calories up a bit, but it was a LONG board meeting and stressed her muchly. Last year at this time, she would have stopped on the way home for THREE dulce de leche milks and a candy bar, but as it is, she had had a larger than usual evening meal and a slimfast snack and didn't need to binge at all ... drove right by those demon convenience stores! Woo-hoo!
Old 09-19-2002, 03:54 AM   #39  
Empress/Queen

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 6

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BOBSGAL, 3ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 1

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 8

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24, DOWN 3.6

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 7, DOWN 3.5

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 3

PUNKINSEED, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 7, DOWN 2

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 3

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 20

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-19-2002 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:25 AM   #40  

Smile Thursday!!

Here it is, one of my favorite days of the week!!

Amagram-- ditto what the Empress says- And if that doesnt help, Let me present you with the BIRTHDAY NO GUILT CARD. Why I havent thought of these earlier is totally beyond me, I am sending belated NO GUILT CARDS to all I missed this summer.

Guinever- Congrats-- Perhaps I should check the BMI out myself-
I've been using it at the gym to gauge resitance on the bike but that's all.

Interesting morning on the scale. Jumped on and saw the same as yesterday. A few minutes later, was in the bathroom again, so I jumped on again. And it's reading .5 heavier-- Interesting- have no idea what that might mean- Just glad today's not the official scale day!!

DH found a bread recipe that comes out looking and tasting like bread!! Its a heavier bread, of course, as it is a wheat bread- w/ ground flax and wheat germ. Seems one of the missing ingredients was GLUTEN. Can see how lots of folks would've given up by now- Especially loaf 1 and 2 which looked weird and tasted like cardboard.--I did have a slice but I really cant imagine how one slice of bread add .5 in 5 minutes.

Need to keep pumping the water today- I seem to be getting it down easier -- think it's related to the stress level at work. Luckily, I'm much more comfortable. Even picking up speed if I might say so.

Have a great day all- !!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:50 AM   #41  
Is it Friday yet?

Greetings! It's Friday eve!!!

wsw - 4 pounds!!!!!! Yea, so you didn't make your goal date... big whoop, I think it's awwwsome that you lost what you did! I know with me, the 5 pound challenge is what kicked my butt into moving back in the right direction. I think the idea of 5 pounds is great, but the reality of loosing *anything* is even better!!

Guinever - 3.5!!! Waahooooo!

Amarantha - Fluffernutters?? Didn't we used to eat those when we were kids???

Kaylets - Glad work's going better. There's nothing better than that "what AM I doing????" stress. Glug glug girl...

Myself... as I noted on the 21 day thread, my cats woke me up with a crash last night - so much for sleep after that adrenaline rush (they broke a bulb in a lamp). And apparently my stepfather's pretty sick. He's had emphysema for awhile (matter of fact I can hear him breathing in the kitchen right now) and I guess things are starting to get bad. I don't know...
I did have a wonderful phone call from "my guy" that made the night more tolerable (and another just 5 min. ago) so as usual, there's always some good to go with the bad...

Tonight I'm stapling my cat's feet to the floor, taking *another* Tylenol PM and getting some sleep. I love the full moons but they give me insomnia like crazy!!!!

Enjoy!

Terri
Old 09-19-2002, 12:30 PM   #42  

Oh, I love full moons too. Thanks for all the support (and exemptions, passes and extensions). Actually, it was ALMOST four pounds at one point. Got it down to .4 by yesterday and today it's back more or less normal. In fact even got a fleet glimpse of a number I have not seen before. I never intended to be weighing so often but when I swell up like that, it helps keep me going onward. I had skipped weighing over the weekend and may have slipped a bit on the water as well. I also remembered I had a wine too and I seldom do.

Anyway, it was an eye opener to what can/could/would happen the second I give up on my journey. What I've lost so far would be back so fast, I'd never have a chance to miss it. So I'm hoping to have a decent figure to report next Wed. and thanks to Empress A I won't count my gain as a gain unless it's still a gain by Wed.

Good weekending, all.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:58 PM   #43  

Good day ladies,
well everyone is doing so well congrats. Well my week is almost over sort of Im done working till the weekend, wow one day off and Im travelling oh well. I went shopping with my daughter yesterday and it was great. I bought 2 new outfits for work because the weather will be cooling off soon and I have nothing to wear. So i got 2 new pair of pants and 2 shirts, I have gone from a 24 to a 16 in pants and from a 42 or 2-3xl to a M-L. it has an amazing impact on ones self esteem. My daughter boought herself several pairs of jeans size 34 last week she got a pair 36 and now they are too big after wearing them a couple of times. So it was a great day over all.
I hope everyone keeps well and has a great weekend.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:11 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Yo! It is Thursday, which Amarantha hath declared a holiday for herself, as she worketh all weekend since taking this **** job.

Dollar!!! Thou hast gone from a 24 to a 16!!! That is wonderful! And congratulations to Daughter, too, for her shrinking jean size!!!

Anagram: You are doing wonderfully!!! I know what you mean about the scale loss moving you onward. It's that way for me, too, which is why I keep a strict rule in this house that I get on only ONCE a week (and only ONCE) ... although last week when I was up a half, I did succumb to the urge to get back on ... it said the same thing!

Ummm, yes, Punkin o' Friday, we did used to eat fluffernutters ... in my case, that's one reason I found myself on a weight loss journey!!! Why oh why would anyone feed a child marshmallow creme and peanut butter as a lunch sandwich? (PB is actually an ok food and when I lost the bulk of my weight, it was a great tool for getting off plateaus ... seems a tablespoon a day did wonders for metabolism and also satisfied cravings ... no marshmallow creme, though!).

Also posted on 21-day thread, sorry about your stepfather. Let's hope this is just a false alarm and he'll get through it ok.

Kaylets: Amarantha needeth one of those NO GUILT cards, as she should be working and getting her stories done and resting on Sunday like normal folk, but here she is doing nothing ... not that posting to all the wonderful Power o' Five is nothing, but it doesn't pay bills. Oh, well, there it is. Off to the grocery store. Re jumping on and off the scale ... don't do that!!! You'll drive yourself nuts! Glad you got some good bread. If I had good homemade bread (even a healthy kind) right now, I'd eat the whole loaf with tons of diet butter, so I'm glad my breadmaking days are over.

Elbertine Pep hath reached the Amber Shore o' Weekend Funk on her walkabout and reporteth that she sat down and fell asleep for three hours and does not want to be peppy today. Will EP regain her spunk and pluck? Dunno. Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat station.

Amarantha, though, hath done 35 minutes of weights already and walked in desert 30 minutes. She is now going shopping and paying a few bills so the empire can continue operating.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:24 PM   #45  

When I started this journey (this time), I did not own a scale and was going to keep it that way because I knew how compulsive I could be regarding jumping on every day. I was going to use loose clothing and feeling good as my barometers between doctor's visits.

However I found it hard to join in on challenges, etc. without one and succumbed to buying one. then despite my promise to me to weigh only once a week, I began the odd, extra on and off. Of late I have weighed myself on Mondays to see how much I must get rid of water by weigh in Wednesday. Now this week, it's been daily to see how much I'm returning to normal. What next?

The scale is still in the basement so that I cannot reasonably hop on first thing in the morning and nude. I am trying to keep it more to a time and such clothing as I might reasonably wear to doctor's office for his weighings. But I do find more excuses to visit the basement and when I'm there........ A little behavior modification shall be in order and I will endeavor to return to my original indicators of doing well except on the official Wednesday.

Dollar, a 16! That would take me down below what I have squirreled away in my closet for whenever I'm glad the seasons are changing because a some of my warm weather clothes are really hanging. Some but not all - I wonder how tight those must have been?

I don't even have a job and I'm enjoying the fact that it's Thursday.
Closed Thread