Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default 1000 Calories Over Today! Ouch!

Today has NOT been a good day for me at all! I sort of threw all caution to the wind, though, so I've only myself to blame.

Suffice to say that a Mexican restaurant meal + ice cream at Baskin Robbins is not exactly diet friendly fare.

I plan to put in an extra hour of workout tonight to make up the difference. Though I will no doubt be sore as heck-fire tomorrow and quite bored/grumpy with it tonight, I guess you reap what you sow!

On a unrelated note (I promise it's unrelated, as I have been very good excepting for today...) my scale seems to be playing games with me. Every morning when I weigh in I find I've "gained" another pound over night. This morning I was at 149, yesterday 148, the day before 147, etc. It's a bit weird as I really HAVE been doing well with everything until today's disaster and I've also been trying to get plenty of fluid so as to combat water retention. What's the deal?

Thanks for listening to my rants, chicks.

I should probably get on that treadmill.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Must have been something in the air today. I don't even want to know how much I went over. Two words: Chinese Buffet.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/180/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I went over by quite a bit yesterday... a huge bowl of ice cream with hard shell chocolate topping! I brushed myself off & got back on plan today though.

As far as your weight going up, I would just take the average for the week to see where you are at. Sometimes it's hard to get an accurate picture when you weigh yourself daily.
hometowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #4  
Steph84106

S/C/G: 195/154/145

Height: 5'7

Ok, so I have a similar issue ... I'm no doctor or scientist but I swear it's water retention! After a bad meal, It takes me some time to get rid of whatever I put on ... and I can't imagine that I gain 4 lbs. from one bad meal alone right?
When I have my weekly meal cheat, I try not to eat anything too salty ... I feel like that helps with the water retention...
I wonder, are some people more sensitive to salt / water retention than others? I feel like I may have a big problem when eating salty food...!
steph84106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena41 View Post
Must have been something in the air today. I don't even want to know how much I went over. Two words: Chinese Buffet.
I feel you, honey! Chinese Buffet is the most delicious and most deadly food option EVER. I barely managed to keep myself from THAT today, at least!

Thanks for all the shared stories and encouraging words, everyone. That and the 1200 calories I burnt off tonight make me feel a little more secure with my BIG mistake.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

TOM nearing, perhaps? Lots of sodium intake lately?
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:239/CW:211/GW:160

Height: 5'7

I had the same sort of issue today! My uncle is graduating his fire fighter class and they had a friends and family event including dinner. Since I'm a vegetarian I figured there wouldn't be many options for me and decided to treat myself at lunch. However, I was mistaken! Lots of pasta, potatoes, beans, corn, salads! Firemen can cook, It was so delicious! I came home and ran 4 miles on my treadmill. ugh ugh ugh. My family biggest loser weigh in is tomorrow as well. I picked the wrong day to eat!
Caityyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Wow, I just wrote a similar post on the Biggest Loser Challenges thread. I was so upset that I gained 2 lbs from yesterday just by eating out (ate Thai). Right now, I'm feeling overwhelmed that I have 20-ish lbs to lose and I can't have one dinner out because it puts me back when I have worked so hard to go forward. It's just disheartening. I planned on going for a workout this morning so hopefully that will erase some of the damage... Just wanted to say that I feel you sista!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #9  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel. I also went over yesterday! I don't know by how much, but I am determined to stay back on track today. Sigh the scale showed a 3-4 lb increase, and hopefully it's temporary. Fingers-crossed that a great workout, plenty of sleep, and plenty of water will have me go back down to where I was a couple of days ago. There is no way I could have gained 3-4 lbs overnight . I definitely did not eat anywhere near that amount of food.

I hope you had a good workout and are feeling better today!

Last edited by beautifulone; 03-27-2010 at 01:54 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 157 / Ticker / 130

Height: 5'6"

Oh no...I know how you feel though, once you slip up it's hard to no write off the while day. Glad you stayed strong and exercised!

Also, just wanted to say that we're the same height and similar weights We also have he same final goal!! Good luck!
Tia87 is offline   Reply With Quote