Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #16  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
Hope you all have a good weekend! I'm on my way to the grocery store with the kiddos, so just wanted to pop in and say howdy. We're stopping at Subway for lunch, so maybe I won't do too much damage there!
Hope everyone's doing well! I made a 96 on my first anatomy test, and 102 on the second one (extra credit points). So I'm back in the swing of college life again...hope I can stay there.
We bought a new truck this morning, so we spent most of the day at the dealer---we got a huge big rumbly diesel four door. Jeff's been wanting one, and we got a 2001 with only 1900 miles on it--practically new but 10,000 less than a 2002 model. Still spent $30,000, though! Ugh--I'll be thin--we won't have any money for groceries! Oh well, we needed it.
Love you all, and talk at you Monday.
Sally
Old 09-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #17  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hey, what the he double sticks happened to my post I wrote this morning???? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I wrote to everyone and said I was going to attach a picture I drawed in PI. I was in my painting mode when the back was hurting so dicided to take a break when I happened to thank I didn't attach the picture. I'm taking a break to attach it when I discover that my post did not show up. CRAP. I wrote it in outlook express and thought it might be in the deleted file. No it wasn't!!!!! I ain't going to write it all again. So here is a short verion.

Sally....hope spending 30,000 makes you lose weight!
Jo Jo...That splinter story hurt.
Skeeter...3 days into D day.
Kina...Glad your not meeting yourself coming and going now.

I hope things gets better from here. Here's the attachment. I'm sure it will not be as good as the original because I will have to make it so small.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:28 PM   #18  

Hi everyone. This is going to be really short. I went to the dentist today so I'm pretty numb right now but my tooth is hurting. I have to have a root canal done. He just drilled out the old filling and put in some stuff that had medicine in it and put a temp filling in. I don't have to go back for two weeks. I've got some other teeth I have to have work done on to. Guess thats what I get for not going to the dentist for so long. I was just digusted with them.

Marlana, I think its cool that your doing drawings with your mouse now. I've tried to just doodle with my mouse and it just looks like nothing.

Skeeter, they just said today there is a dog that has west nile. Makes me scared to let my dog out now. So monday is d-day for you and Marlana, huh? I think I'll join you. My dh is wanting to lose weight so I've been going through my low cal cook books. for ideas. I'm getting tired of the usual stuff anyway. Some of those recipes look really good. I think I'm going to make some dreamcicle pudding this weekend for a treat. Oh are you watching big brother? You can go to www.bigbrotherlive3.com and get live feed updates.

Sally, that must be a heck of a truck you guys bought. my dh wants a new truck but he's going to have to wait till next summer, if his truck holds out, that is.

Well, I've got to get off here now. take care everyone.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:57 PM   #19  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Wow Marlana...you are talented! I wish I had half of that precision in my hand. I can only make lines and squiggles that don't look much like anything. That is totally awesome. Was that picture drawn from you looking at another picture was it out of head. 'Cause it sure looks like Marilyn Monroe. I don't know if that was who you were aiming for but heck if that's who it was supposed to be you are doing wonderful.

Sally~~~new vehicles are wonderful. DH and I were looking into buying a used vehicle cash but it is a great leap for us. We already have 2 vehicles and they are great. So we don't have a great need for a 3rd but I would like something smaller to drive to school and work when I am without our 4 children. So I think we are just saving up and then we wait to see what comes up when we get serious about the notion of getting a 3rd vehicle. Enjoy your new toy and good luck in your classes.

Star~~~I am hoping for a pleasant and speedy recovery. I am so sorry you are having to go through all that distress over your teeth. Last year around this time I had such discomfort with a infected wisdom tooth. So I ended up having all 3 surgically removed...YOW! It was painful but it was well worth the pain. I am glad that is over and behind. I hope you get better.

Skeeter~~~becareful with those mosquitos. They are lifesize here in Texas so we spray by the gallons on the kids. They are horrible. The other day we recieved a computerized phone call telling us that a mosquito was located in our area with the disease Ensiphillitus ( I know that is not spelled right) Anyway then there were some in another area with the West Nile virus not too far from here. So we hardly let the kids out. I can't wait to the cooler temps come and sweep these varments away for a good while. But in Texas we hardly get cooler temps.

Well I have homework to do. DH and I took a nice nap this afternoon so I didn't get homework done early. And would you believe our little angels let us take that nice nap without fighting with eachother. I wonder if it was our anniversary. We have 2 anniversaries we celebrate 1)the day we met because the day we met was the day we started forever and 2) the day we finally made it legal in front of the justice of peace. We will add 3 hopefully soon when we convalidate our vows in church. So I will sign off now and talk more another time. Bye.
Corina
Old 09-20-2002, 05:33 AM   #20  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Ladies~~I guess my world is getting brighter, because I've decided to use colors again. Going into the 5th day of D day and today I have to clean it up a bit. Today is D day for starting to write down what I put into my mouth. It won't be bad writing it down because I have a tamplet that I keep on my desktop. The hard part is not to take those "Oh so easy to take...extra bites." And another thing for today is "Prioritys" Looks like I have a big day planned for me.

Jo Jo~~You are still my redorange girl. Oh lordy girlfriend, a root canal, how lucky can you get. Good luck. How do you like the way the BB TV show is going. I have never hated anyone so much on those kinds of shows as I do Danielle. I can't stand that woman. Believe it or not, I went to that site you posted and wrote on the board and sent her a very nasty email. She is so full of herself. Is there a second prize????? I hope not, because when the rest of them sees how she played them, they won't vote for her. Them people needs to remember that what ever they say on camera, the ones that has been kicked out of the house will see it. Poor little old Amy, she is so dumb. I want Lisa to win. I thought she would get voted out last night, but for some reason Jason didn't vote her out. I don't like him either. He don't know it but Danielle would cut his throat to win too. I didn't get too much into Survivor last night I was working on the puter.

Kina~~Your now my green girl. You are so right, the picture is Marilyn. And I drawed her by looking at a picture. I have a program I can use to draw. It was something new for me to draw a person. I love a challenge. I've done a lot of things in my life that was a challenge. The one big thing I haven't overcome is the weight. Now if you want a challenge, there's a biggie.

That's it for today girls. I've got a good start on D day for stopping taking those bites in between meal. I didn't have a potatoe chip while I was making hubbies lunch this morning. A very small thing, but a good beginning.

Last edited by Marlana; 09-20-2002 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #21  

Thumbs down

Marlana There have been WAY too many changes made to this Board in recent months/years. I'm not sure I can adjust

That picture was excellent, Marlana. As I've always said "You are something else!" Isn't it amazing how we can be looking for challenges to learn new things, but still can't stop eating?!!! Oh, well, we keep trying. I'm still trying, but determined it has to be learning to eat properly and none of the "gimmicks"

I do like the ease of getting the Smilies and the change of color is a new thing to me, but is nice. I just don't like the fact that I'm supposed to address people individually; so I clicked on Cancel.

I just want folks to know that I'm trying that no extra bites thing and know I need to eat less and correctly.

I hope everyone has a great week-end. The sun will be out later and the sky will be this color. Marine layer has to burn off first. newnana
Old 09-20-2002, 11:45 AM   #22  

Well, it is SO obvious that I don't know how to do the changing of colors!!
Old 09-20-2002, 09:57 PM   #23  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I started back on WW123 Monday and have stayed OP all week. I got a good surprise this morning. I weighed myself with no expectations but was shocked to see 5# gone. I didn't exercise but had been very active this week cleaning my house and the church. I met some other ladies at the Fellowship Hall Thursday and spent all morning cleaning. We left it spotless.

Marlana~Well I am starting to feel really bad. I can't believe that I have another sinus infection that is starting out just like the last one. I laid down after dinner tonight but I got so stopped up that I couldn't breath through my nose. It opened up when I got up and sat in this chair a while. My husband tried to get me to call my doctor today but I didn't. I might regret that decision this weekend. He (my husband) had this stuff last week after I finally got well and now he is well and I have it again. That's just not fair. Your picture of Marilyn is very good.

Newnana~You are welcome to join us as often as you wish. None of us write on this board daily anymore. Most of us are very busy but try to write a couple of times a week.

JoJo~I was totally wrong about a vaccine against the West Nile Virus for horses. There was an article last weekend in the local paper that there have only been 16 horses infected and 3 or 4 deaths. It also said that there have been 1265 cases of the virus in humans nationwide with 54 deaths. Hope you are doing okay after that dental work. I've never had a root canal but it sounds painful. I don't watch BB but I do watch Survivor. It was really good last night although too early to get a handle on the players.

Sally~My husband is drooling over trucks just like the one you bought. Maybe we should go ahead and use the grocery money and buy one too.

Kina~You must live in a different part of Texas than my brother. He is very close to Dallas or in a suburb of Dallas. Anyhow, his area gets in the 3 digits in summer and very cold in the winter. The mosquitoes are so bad that I stay in the house totally in the mornings and evenings. If I go out at all, it is only for a short time. Like as long as it takes to get from the house to the car.

Y'all have a great weekend.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:30 PM   #24  

Hellllooooooooooo!!!!! I'm in a good mood cause its Friday and I'm off for a couple of days.

Did you all see the footage on the woman beating her kid in her SUV???? Oh man, talk about me getting really ticked off. I wish I would of been there cause I think I'd of beat the crap out of her. And to think her family is protecting that woman. If I found out my daughter beat my grandchild (I dont have kids but...) I'd turn her butt in so quick. I hope they catch her soon. That woman was pummeling that little child with her fists. Geez, it just tears me up cause I wanted kids so much and someone like that has them. Sometimes life just isn't fair. They are just now saying that the woman is on her way to turning herself in to the authorities

Skeeter, sorry to hear you are getting sick again. That totally sucks. I'm glad that the horse cases of West Nile isn't too bad in FL. Its been really bad here. Now they say there was a case where a dog has it. I'm not sure if the dog died or not and we just had another person from around my area die from it. CONGRATS ON LOSING 5LBS. Way to go!!!!! I'm starting up this coming week. Dh wants to lose weight to. I just have to start cooking better meals. I hardly ever eat veggies anymore except for a salad now and then or lettuce on a sandwich. Not good.

Marlana, I really don't dislike Dani. She is just playing a game just like everyone else and Jason is just hanging on to her trying to make it to the end. Its just that Dani tells more when she is in the diary room about her plans and her alliance than the others do. Lisa doesn't say much but I just can't see where she's worked all that hard to get to where she is. I think Dani has worked the hardest even tho she isn't the most liked person in America. Her goal was to win and for that kind of "game", well, you have to scheme and manipulate to win. They all do it, the others just werent as obvious. Roddy is trying to come off as this really nice guy who never lied or manipulated anyone but what he did to Amy because she didn't veto him from getting evicted. What a pompus jerk to be telling her she doesn't have good character when he should be looking at himself. I could go on with my opinions but I'd have to write a book. The only reason why I would want Danielle to win is because I think she could use the money more than the others, she has a family and kids but other than that, I'd rather Lisa won it between the 3. I was really hoping that Amy would somehow get out of being evicted and really shake things up. I like Amy except I think she has a drinking problem. Oh well, thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, they are like a**holes, everyone has one,

Newnana, I hardly ever go to the regular reply screen, I use the quick reply at the bottom of this page. Its just easier. Good to see you again.

Kina, I had my wisdom teeth removed back when I was 18 years old cause they were impacted (sheesh, thats been a long time ago) and I guess I didn't miss them since they never came thru anyway. My tooth is doing ok tonight but its been hurting since the novacain wore off. I have been taking 2 aleeves twice a day and it seems to be working tonight. That was really nice of your angels to let you and your dh nap for awhile. I imagine that doesn't happen to often.

Well, I'm getting off here now. Take care everyone and have a nice weekend.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:18 AM   #25  

OK let's see what happens when I just use this Quick Reply. Marine Layer is thick here this a.m. which means fog to most of you. It'll get sunny later. I must check my online newspaper for Indiana, to see more about the damage the tornadoes did there last night.

Good week-end to all of you. newnana
Old 09-21-2002, 09:49 PM   #26  

Hi all.

I just wanted to tell you about my new kitty. She's probably about 4 months old and is kinda a tiger stripped gray kitty and her name is Lola. Thats what the cousins named her and I kinda liked it so Lola it is. She's having a little trouble adjusting and is scared of the dog and my other cat is scared of her. Everything should be ok in a few days I hope.

Just wanted to say hi and tell you about the new furbaby. Take care.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:49 AM   #27  
~~Senior Member~~Really

HIDI HO Girls! You won't believe how cold it is here this morning. It's 38 degrees here this morning. I was on the puter earlier, but got cold and got a blanket and got in a chair and went back to sleep. In Okla, one day the air is on and the next the heater. I got the rocks finished up yesterday morning and believe me it wasn't a day too soon. I'll move the furniture back into place tomorrow. I wish I could report that I lost 5 pounds like Skeeter did last week but I can't. I did drop 2. Of course I could do that in one day if I really watched what I was eating. Sugar kept calling out my name. grrrrrrrrrrr I hope I can do better this week.

Newnana~~ You got me started to useing colors again. I hadn't used them since I got the new puter. I keep a tamplet in my outlook express with all the things I need to write in color. That makes it easy to use. Food is the one thing I've not overcome in my life, and the very thing I need to whip the worst. Still trying so the game isn't over yet.

Skeeter~~What a nice surprise to get on the scale and see that is had dropped 5 pounds. ~~YOU GO GIRL~~ So sorry to hear they your getting sick again, I thank you've had your share of sinus problems. You better watch out for the west nile virus. Those little critters have slowed down some here. It's a pleasure to be able to walk outside without having to put on deet. Vacatione comeing up shortly girl for me and you. I hope you get well before time gets here.

Jo Jo~~Yes I seen the pictures of the woman hitting her little girl. That is bad, but you know what, it not only makes me mad that she would do that, but it makes me thank of how many men get away with sexualy abusing thier little girls and get away with it. I've met enough women that has had thier lives so messed up by that. I'm not making excuses for her, there isn't one, it just reminds me how men get away with thier little deeds and women don't. Now about BB.....That B is going to get 50,000, I was sure wishing that Lisa would pick Jason. Danielle won't win because all the others are seeing the tapes of her calling them names and playing them. I surely dislike that women. The opinion I have of Lisa is that she isn't a cut throat even for money. I can't wait to see her with make up on when they are on on Wed. She will end up with some kind of a job out of this. Did you know she use to be a bathing suit model?

I better run, today is good housekeeping day. I'm going to start sewing tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:55 AM   #28  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
How's everyone doing? We're doing okay around here--Jeff is still enamored with the new truck but we haven't received the payment book yet! The payments are $600 a month, so I told him and the kids for every gift-giving occasion we will have for the next five years, we can all just go out and stare at the truck. Now, of course we have to have the brush-guard and the fender flares and the running boards and the tool box and the bed liner and....well, you know.
JoJo, congratulations on the new furperson! A lady at work has some kittens and I want one so bad, but I have two already, and Jeff isn't much of a cat person--mine stay outside most of the time, although I've been letting them in at night, cause I saw a Mr. Mouse in the kitchen last week. I do NOT like Mr. Mice....so I have DCon hidden all over the place and the cats on patrol at night. I like Lola, too--perfect cat name. Mine are Lexi and Serena. Serena's my WalMart kitty--a lady had a bunch of them in a box in front of WalMart last year, and I made the mistake of looking in the box....bad move!
Skeeter, I hope those sinuses feel better soon. Mine are pounding away today, but I know it's because I left the windows open last night; it's been somewhat cooler here at night, but still hot in the daytime. Are you going to get any rain from the hurricane? We're supposed to by Friday, and that's my baby's birthday She'll be nine; time to lose the last of the baby weight! Congratulations on that five pounds, that's wonderful!
Mama, sounds like you're having some cooler weather now, too--and you lost two pounds yourself! You all are getting skinnier and skinnier. You'll pass me up and never look back!
Hi Newnana, glad to see you again!
Hi to MaryBeth and everyone I missed, too; I need to go and get up the Muttettes for school--love you all and stay skinny today!
Sally
Old 09-24-2002, 04:23 PM   #29  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I guess the medicine that I took the last time wasn't strong enough and didn't clear my sinus infection up totally. It came back with a vengeance. My doctor put me on Amoxicillin to go along with my leftover Nasonex and cough syrup. I am not doing very much moving around today and plan to stay down until this infection clears us this time.

Marlana~I did regret not calling the doctor on Friday. By Monday, my doctor was booked up but at least called in a good antibiotic. The pharmacist told me to make sure that I take all the pills. To add to my aches and pains, I ruptured my eardrum in my 'good' ear this morning blowing my nose. Boy did that hurt and I lost my balance and almost fell on my face. My ear had a ringing in it for about 3 hours. I got on the web and looked at some sites to relieve my fears. I found that it could heal up in just a few hours or a few days or two months. Obviously, it's not going to be a few hours. I have cotton in that ear and can't hear much of anything now. I decided to just take it easy the rest of the week and let this house take care of itself. I envy your cooler weather. The mosquitoes eat me up when I run out to give my squirrels peanuts. I have two now that come by the name that we have been calling them. One is Stubby because most of his tail is missing and the other is Buddy. Buddy will take peanuts from my fingers and Stubby comes close and tries to catch the ones that I throw. He's good at it too. I can hardly wait for cooler temps to chase away these nasty mosquitoes so that I can spend more time outside. I might be able to tame Stubby down.

JoJo~I couldn't believe what I was seeing when the news showed that film of that woman beating that little girl. I hate so see families broken up but she doesn't deserve to get that little girl back. Especially, since she is trying to minimize what she did. I have often thought about getting a cat but my husband doesn't like cats and my boys would not give it a minutes peace. I'm not sure my parrot would appreciate it either. I don't think that there is anything any cuter than a kitten though.

Sally~It just started raining and I am starting to hear some thunder. I am going to have to make this quick. I haven't lost anymore weigh since Friday but not gained any either. That 5# is still gone. My birthday is coming up and dh wants to take me to my favorite restaurant. I am going to go because that is so nice of him to think of me. He also told me to invite our friends if I wanted. I will because we are going to the Chinese buffet that they introduced me to a while back. I'll just have to work harder next week.

I need to get off this computer as I am hearing more thunder. Y'all take care.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:41 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone.

Thought I'd get in here today to say hello to y'all. Hope your week is going ok.

Boy, I'll tell you, Lola (my new kitten) is totally fascinated with this puter monitor. She sits there and watches the picture change on it for the longest time. right now she is watching my fingers type and I think she is getting ready to pounce. I'll have to watch her. She is so cute. My other cat is not very pleased with Lola, in fact, if looks could kill, Lola would be dead by now. But I've been giving my old kitty some much needed attention and affection and she seems like she is doing better. My dog went after Lola the other night when I put a plate of scraps down (for the dog) and Lola started for it. I've never seen or heard my dog sound like she did when she went after Lola. I've been keeping Lola in the back room during the day when we arent home just till she gets bigger and can take care of herself a little better. I'm not sure if I will get her declawed or not. She may need them for protection from my other furbabies. I'll have to think about it.

Skeeter, sounds like you are doing a little better than you were. The eardrum sounds painful tho. Everytime I get sick with my sinuses and I blow my nose really hard, one of my ears will get a "squeal" like sound and then stop up to where I almost can't hear out of it but it will clear up after while till I blow my nose again. I'm not sure what I think about that mother. I feel like everyone deserves a second chance but yet who knows if she has ever done anything like that before. I just don't have much to say for all the family members who were protecting her when they should of been protecting the kid by telling the police where she was. All I can say about kittens, they are adorable but man are they active. Lola is constantly moving around and getting into something, typical for a cat.

Marlana, I know what you are saying about alot of men getting away with abusing their daughters or sons. I was told by a therapist once that men who sexually abuse their daughers (or sons or children that are no relation cant see that they are doing anything wrong even tho society says it is and they have to do or say anything they can to keep the kid quiet about it. I'm not sure I totally agree that they don't know they are doing anything wrong but I can picture that a pedophile would think what they are doing is normal behavior. My friend and both her sisters were sexually abused by their dad and he tried to make them believe that this is what fathers and daughters did but they couldn't say anything because other people weren't as smart as they were. Mind you, they were little girls when they were being told this and plus it was 40 years ago. I'm just glad that children are learning at an early age now that this is not normal behavior. I've got "pictures" in my head of something that happened to me when I was about 7 except it wasn't a family member. Its almost like watching a movie. Very weird.

Sally, Hey, I think you should tell dh that you need your mousers in the house all the time just to keep those rodents totally out of your house. I have a feeling that if my older cat saw a mouse she wouldn't know what to do with it except to bat it around or maybe run and hide.

Well, I'm going to scoot on out of here. Take care.
Closed Thread