Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:55 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~ # 145

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.

No Logo this time, I don't have one in my puter yet.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:01 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I'm in such a rush, but wanted to come in and say hi. I've got my new puter up and going. I've got all my files back in except for the lessons from PI, I lost them for some reason the floppy messed up. I do have a lot of sorting to do in my docs. I love Windows XP. It has some great new things on it. I still don't have my scaner and printer installed. There is just too much to do. Wouldn't you know, Best Buy didn't put my speakers back in the box after they checked out the tower. I have to drive back to Tulsa and get them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Bobby is starting 5 days off tomorrow so I will be fishing. I hope to make it in once or twice.
Girls I am trying....no I'm going to get on a food plan and stay on it. This old messing up and staying fat has got to end.
Sorry I wasn't able to reply to all the post. I'll get back to normal soon I hope. It's for sure....and I'm getting honest....I'll come in better if I'm on a food plan.
Take care everyone and hope your having a good week end.

I had to do a edit to say this, but I forgot. I posted a long post a couple of days ago, and I know I've heard someone say that thier post disappeared, well it has happened to me now. What's the deal!!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 06:41 PM   #3  

Gees, it's been like eons since I've been in here. At least it feels like it. Shame on me. I've been on "vacation" since last Wednesday. I go back to work Thursday. I haven't done much, but sometimes thats all that matters. I spent Sunday at my grandparents, and ate way too much, on top of a ton of water I'm holding. But, it was a holiday, and grandpa's blood keeps getting worse, the counts are all off. I figured, what the heck, I'm not going to worry about it. He had another bone marrow biopsy done yesterday. Depending on the results, it's going to be either chemo or a splenectomy.

I did do much better yesterday with my food choices, and today has been ok. I'm at least trying to be active too, pruned a couple of trees, did all the weeding, and tomorrow I get to mow the yard! YIPPEE!

I suppose I should get back to piddling around the house. I've been on this puter too long already, trying to catch up.

Jen
Old 06-19-2002, 06:25 AM   #4  
American Chick!

Red face

Morning Ladies,
How's everyone doing? We're doing okay around here--nothing much new; just very hot and dry. My sinuses are really giving me a fit lately--I've had a headache for four days running now. I wish it would rain, that usually clears them out some.
Mama, are you fishing? And you got a new computer!! How nice! We've been having various computer problems since we got home from vacation; I'm not sure what our family computer genius has done, but the "big" computer in the living room won't boot up anymore, and my little one's needs a video card now, and the big girl's needs something or another too....our computers are disintegrating right before our eyes....I'm trying to keep the little laptop running so I can get on here once in while, at least! Hope you catch lots of fish, Mama.
JoJo, how're you doing? You have the sinus curse too, don't you? And you had an anniversary while I was gone--happy belated anniversary! How's hubby doing?
Skeeter, it's awfully hot in your area! I used to live in Orlando when I was a kid, but I don't know if I could do it or not now...too old! I've been looking thru the photos to see if "Slim Mama" is in any that Jeff's downloaded, but I think Slim Mama was taking most of them! I don't feel too slim this week---PMS has struck, and I refuse to weigh! I feel more like Pudgy Mama lately.
Jen, hope your grandpa is feeling better, and they can find something to help him out. And I missed your birthday, too--I've missed a bunch of stuff. Happy belated birthday to you!
Marybeth, how're you doing? I know you posted the other day, and now I can't go back and find it! We rode everything at Disney World except the Aerosmith roller coaster that goes upside down---Mama declined on that one, and my youngest wasn't tall enough; Jeff and Big Mutt decided they really weren't too interested either after they looked at it.....I did like the Tower of Terror, though---we even got the silly picture that they take when the elevator stops at the top, just to prove we actually did it. We're coming up your way for our big vacation next year; we're going to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach, and to Washington DC for a couple of days....We'll stop in for a couple of catered meals, cocktails, brunch, you know....you won't mind, will you?
Love you all, and I need to run and get the kiddies up for day camp. Talk to you later this week!
Sally
224/151/120ish
Old 06-19-2002, 06:13 PM   #5  

Hello.

Today was a nightmare day at work. I had to help out at the front desk during breaks and lunch and oh man, phones were crazy, tons of people coming in and asking questions I didn't know how to answer. I'm glad my turn is over for a few months.

Sally, hopefully your sinuses clear up soon. Mine are doing ok right now. Dh is fine and doing good with his job. Ewwww!!! PMS. Boy I sure don't miss that at all. Sometimes I get cramps tho but they don't last long.

Marlana, congrats on getting the new puter. You got it much quicker than I thought you would. You should have much better speed on the new one, plus lots more space. This one has a 9 gb hard drive but I've seen them with 20 gb. Heck those are probably outdated now. I think mine is probably considered ancient compared to what they have now.

Jen, its been a few days since I was here. I kept getting knocked off line yesterday and got so frustrated I just gave up. Sometimes its not worth the headache. I think it was just AOL. One of these days I'm switching to another isp.

Skeeter, I'm sure you have a post on the last thread but I don't have it pulled up so I'm just going to say hi to you this time. I hope everything is going well for you.

Well, I'm getting off here now. I'm in a reading mood tonight. Take care.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:06 PM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hi Ladies, I've been in puter ****. I've already taken the new puter back. It was so messed up. I couldn't install my scanner, or my PI program or nothing. I had put all those files on the new one and then last night had to turn around and take them back off. And the darn thing didn't want to do it. I marched that baby right back to Best Buy today. After some talking to one of the boys that works there I decide to take another one home and try it, the same kind. It was a eMachine. My old one is the same thing. The new one was 256 memory...40 gigs hard drive. Well after some debating on it I said ok, I'll try another one. Then they come up and said they didn't have one. But he said he would make me a deal. They had one with a Pentium 4 processor. That is the processor in the better puters. The other one had a celaron processer. Anyway it cost 100.00 more than the one I had and he said he would split the difference with me and it would cost me 50.00. I thank I got a deal. And so for this one is working good. I've already got my scanner installed and my PI program. I still have the printer. It is so fast I can't believe it. And one more good thing is...the old puter hooked up at 28800, the other new one hooked up at 26400, but yeah!!! this one hooks up at 31200. I sure hope this is a good puter, I'm so happy about it so for. I have all those files to put in it though. It's turned into a full time job. I have 6 months of msn isp, but as of yet I can't get hooked up to it. I sure hate to give up gbr anyway.

Jen~~None of us are coming in here and supporting each other like we should. What needs to happen to us chubbies is we need to get on with losing the excess weight. If we was on a food plan we wouldn't be able to get in here fast enough to tell how much weight we had lost. I tell you what I would like to have Dr. Phil's book. I know he is telling the truth about weight and the hang up's we have with it. I sure haven't been active, I've been glued to the puter for 4 day almost. I'm going to make a big effort to get on a food plan tomorrow. Hubby is home for three days now. I didn't go fishing with him this morning but I guess I will in the morning.

Jo Jo~~I don't thank I told yet but my puter I got today has 60 gigs. Can you believe that. The old one had 2 gigs when I got it. I'm just like the Jefferson's, I'm moving on up. I didn't have the money saved to buy one yet, but they come up with this good deal and I told Hubby about it and he said "go get it if you want to." The man don't have a tite bone in his body. But just incase you thank he sounds perfect, nope, not by a long shot. He is good to me in most ways. Doesn't support me very well emotionally though.

Sally~~Hubby started 3 days vacation today, but I was so busy trying to get my puter problems figured out I didn't go. I'm going to force myself to go tomorrow. I'm sure glad I didn't go today, he only caught 2 lil biddy ones. Sorry about the sinus's, I know how that is. I hardly ever have them anymore. They rotoed mine out a few years ago and that stopped the infections.

I'm sending out a call for Marybeth, Skeeter and Tobey. We need to get our tuts in gear and get on with getting rid of some extra pounds. Well maybe not Tobey, but she needs to get in here and support the rest of us. I better go and get some more files installed on this puter. I'm going to get started on my food plan tomorrow if I can find the darn thing. I've got it on a floppy somewhere. bye bye
Old 06-20-2002, 11:09 AM   #7  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Geesh time flies.........I can't believe how busy life can get. Hubby and I went grocery shopping on Monday and it stormed most of the day. On Tuesday we got a call that his Mom is in the hospital. Her heart condition is not good so we spent the rest of the day preparing for him to drive home to Maryland. He made the trip okay and I am temporarily single for a while.

Marlana~Congratulations on the new computer. I was told that the type of processor that you bought is better than the Celeron because it can be upgraded better. It sure sounds like you got a good one. Now we expect to hear from you everyday because you can get in and out of here so fast. I stayed OP yesterday and am doing good so far today. I am trying to think ahead and be prepared for snack cravings.

Jen~I am going to have to take over in the yard while dh is gone. That has been a lot of work with this dry weather. The good news is that we are now getting some rain with more on the way in the form of a Tropical Wave. The bad news is that the grass is getting really long. I guess that I am going to have to get that little John Deere out before he gets back. Hope that you enjoyed your vacation and didn't work the whole time.

Sally~Yes it is hot here but the worst is yet to come. It didn't bother me when I moved down here when I was young but has really kept me indoors a lot in the last few years. I am told that in a few more years I will love it again though. It seems that the elderly like the heat and hate the cold. I hope that you find a picture of your new slim self. I need some motivation.

JoJo~I didn't go back to the old thread either and hope that I didn't miss anyone. I don't think there was much on it since I wrote last. I'm sure you are ready for the weekend after a hectic day like that at work. How are things going with the remodeling in the bathroom? I know that you are anxious to finally get that done.

I have done no work at all today so I better get busy. I am going to take it slow and easy and hope that the rain storm gets here soon. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:46 PM   #8  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Sorry I’ve been AWOL got in a couple of times and read the posts, then didn’t have the time to post myself. It’s just been on of those weeks. Tuesday I got an E-mail from my cousin that my Uncle had passed away, he was my Dad’s only brother and had been ill for a year or more. At least I got to see him in April when I made the trip to Michigan for my Aunt’s funeral. Food’s not been that good this week, but I have been exercising so we’ll see what tomorrow’s weigh in brings, I just want to break out of the 180’s!

Marlana, sounds like you ended up with the puter I want! I’ve been watching the Dell and Gateway specials…I have a Gateway now and have loved it, but it’s a 1998 and only a Pentium. Hubby said when I get a new job I can get one, but I keep telling him I’ll need it before then if I’m going to have to use it for job hunting (he’s not buying that reasoning).

Sally, I’d love to have you all stop for a visit. Williamsburg and Virginia Beach are 2 of my favorite places to escape too. In fact my girlfriend is kidnapping me in July for a girls weekend, she’s a very good friend and knows we both need to get away from it all, including the men in our lives!

Jo Jo, did you feel the earthquake IL had the other day?

Jen I’ve got your granddad in my prayers and I hope the tests come out OK!

Well, got to work on the old resume, talk at you tomorrow!

Tobey where are you!

Marybeth
241/180.2/160
Old 06-21-2002, 10:52 AM   #9  

Good morning. I can't believe I'm up and at it already. I've been up since 8:30, which is early for working til midnight, and again tonight. I'm having a new deck built on the back of my house, so that's what woke me. Oh well, in a couple of days it'll be over and I can relax! The worst part, they woke mom too, so there goes my morning time by myself.

Grandpa got his test results yesterday from his bone marrow. He has leukemia and will be starting chemo on Monday, as an inpatient. The plan is 7-10 days. He'll be at the hospital I work at, but not on my floor. At least I'll be able to check in on him before and after work, and if I get a dinner break, I can join him.

I was going to apply for a "as needed" position with the visiting nurses, but now I may wait a couple weeks to see how he handles it. We have 4 nurses still on orientation, and 1 on medical leave. In a few months the extra hours I like to work won't be available, so I'm just trying to plan ahead. But I've got plenty of time. It is very nice to just work, without school. I got my diploma in the mail last week, so I have officially graduated. What a relief.

Marybeth - Sorry to hear about your uncle. At least he's not sick and in pain anymore. Good for you to be exercising. I'm trying to get back into it, I've made small successes. But last night a patient gave us a box of candy, and well...How did your weigh in go?

Skeeter- Gosh, it seems like we are all having family illnesses. What gives? After my deck is done, I'm going to have to mulch around the one side of it, around my lilac and trim that back. I'll also have to put in a few stepping stones from the sidewalk to the stairs. My work is never done.

Marlana - Oh the computer troubles. I took my boyfriend with me when I bought mine, told him what I needed to do, and bought the one he picked out. I got an HP with a Pentium 3, it seems to be doing well, but I wonder if I would know if it wasn't!? I have lost a little of the weekend weight and got alot of the water off, so I have accomplished something this week.

Jojo - I hate having to worry about covering other peoples lunch breaks, especially since I usually don't get a full 30 minutes, lucky if I get 10. Ticks me off sometimes. Anyway, my sinuses haven't been too bad yet this year, knock on wood. But I always have problems just before a good storm.

Sally - Is your sinus headache getting any better. I get nauseated when mine act up for that long. Sim Mama. very cute. I avoid the scale at PMS time too. I'm anticipating it any day now. I can usually tell by my clothes anyway.

Well, I guess that's it. I have a few things to take care of.

Jen
Old 06-21-2002, 03:09 PM   #10  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

I did it! I’M AM OFFICIALLY NOW IN A NEW DECADE, YES!! I lost a lb. so that brought me down to 179.2 You would have thought I’d loss 10 pounds as excited as I got!

Not much else new here, going to spend the weekend working on the resume and such plus finalizing some of my basket show sales so I can get everything in for month/year end on the 28th. I got 3 new hydrangeas this week and plan to get them in the ground also.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and since I’ll be on the computer at home I’ll try and check in to see how everyone is doing...

Marybeth
241/179.2/160
Old 06-21-2002, 05:26 PM   #11  
~~Senior Member~~Really

:wave;
Hi girls~~Boy can you believe that I'm back already. I'm still up to my ying yang in getting all this putter stuff figured out. Today I figured out how to get the snow off the TV screen when the monitor was on to the puter. It was the monitor itself causing the problem. It had been that way every since I bought it a few months ago. Well I hooked the new monitor up and snow is gone. Now I'm going to rework the desk "again." Then maybe I can move on. You know what this thing done. In docs there was a folder already there called "My Pictures" I put all my family pics in that folder and I went in to take the screen saver off because I had to download 15 megs of updates to this puter, well guess what all those pictures are on a screen saver, it is so neat. There is so many neat things with this windows XP. I turned this puter off last night and got up this morning and it was back on, I thought to myself, boy I must have been more tired than I thought. So when I was through this morning I turned it off and went outside. A hour and a half later I come in and the darn thing was on again. But I found out that was a goof with windows XP, so when I down loaded the things this morning that problem is suppose to be solved. Hopefully it will all be ok now. The puter is doing well, I love it.

Skeeter~~Girlfriend enjoy that single life while you got it, it's nice to be alone for a while as long as you know he is coming back. I thank that is the draw back to this puter, I don't thank it can be updated at all. It is just one big Mother board. The Pentium processor is faster than the celeron and just better. So I'm hoping nothing goes wrong until it is 2 years and 11 months old. I bought a 3 year warranty on it. It paid off on the last one. Girl there is so much to learn on this thing, like burn CD's, well I know how already, I just don't have time. I seem to be a bit short on time anymore. I'm so glad your back on plan, I'm doing really well today.

Marybeth~~Sorry about losing you uncle. I believe that anything you can do for health, both being out of food and doing some exercising is best, but one of them is better than nothing. I was suppose to be saving money to buy mine, but darn they had such a good deal, I told hubby I was thanking of going and buying it, he said, "Go a head."
The man has never had a tight bone in his body. I'm not saying yours is tight, because I don't know your situation. I have a really good hubby, he just is not too much on supporting emotionally. When you get a new puter get windows XP, it is the greatest thing. It almost thanks for you.

Jen~~I've been missing some sleep the last week. I set here and fell asleep in front of this thing yesterday. It's a job to move a bunch of files. I don't want a job working on one of these things, it's suppose to be fun. Oh a new deck, I love decks for some reason. Get you a couple of big flower pots, they look great on a deck. You seem like such a nice young woman, why hasn't some man snapped you up already. I guess I comparing you to my other daughter. She is making big bucks and don't have a pot to pee in, and never will. I like to see a young person live as if they will be around next week too. It even feels good to lose water weight doesn't it?

I better run girls, it's about time for me to cook super. I'm making stuffed peppers tonight, hubby brought in some great big sweet peppers from the garden and we are down to hamburger mean in the freezer. We are taking a beef off to be killed in 2 weeks. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:23 PM   #12  
American Chick!

Hey Ladies,
Wanted to come in and say howdy before the weekend got started; I picked up my babies from day care today and got the two little ones across the street also; we spent the afternoon at the playground and at dinner--I had one age 9, age 8, age 7 and age 6; my nerves are a tad frazzled! Anyway, Jeff's working on the "big" computer and he may disconnect the modem from this one (laptop) so I'm wondering if I'll be able to get in here this weekend; he usually blows up something when he starts fooling with them (I didn't say that).
I'm weighing Monday, Mama, and will start in earnest again then; I've been in vacation mode the last couple of weeks, and I don't want to get going in the wrong direction again!
Skeeter, glad your hubby made the trip okay and hope he gets home soon--enjoy the single life, you wild woman, you! I can't stand it when Jeff's not here; the only time we were separated was four days when he went home for his sister's wedding and I couldn't go. I had a big paper on the fridge with the hours til he got home and I would mark them off...I'm so pitiful!
JoJo, you have a good weekend! Glad hubby's doing well.
Jen, we'll keep your grandpa in our thoughts---I'm glad you'll at least get to check on him while you're at work, though.
Marybeth, you're going to catch up with me soooooon!!
Love you all, and hi to everyone I missed---I'll try and check in Monday bright and squirrely if I've got a functioning puter!
Sally
224/151/120ish
Old 06-22-2002, 11:35 AM   #13  

Good Morning. Hope your weekend is starting out good. I've just been piddling this morning. I'm thinking about going out to the mall for a little while and I need a few groceries. But I also need to clean house sometime this weekend.

I can't believe I've been on the puter as long as I have this time without being knocked off line. Thats been happening alot lately. One of these days I am switching isp's and hopefully it will be better for me.

Sally, I've been on vacation mode with my food for so long now I almost feel like I don't know how to get started again. I almost feel like I need someone to do it for me. I've got a plan to follow and I know its up to me and I'm sick of myself already so I don't know what is stopping me. ME, I guess. Time to take action, huh?

Marlana, gosh, your new puter sounds nice. A pentium is very good. I wish I had one. Maybe next time I'll be smarter when I go looking but this one has to hold out for a couple years at least. I think that salesman made you a great deal. I wish something like that would happen to me. I hope you've got everything reloaded now and are just having fun surfing and playing around at a much faster speed. That should save you a little time for the rest of your busy day.

Skeeter, well, hopefully dh will have the bathroom finished this weekend. We are just the type of people that things just can't go smoothly for. Something always happens to slow us down, something we didn't anticipate or something is missing that we need. We just aren't the handiest people so it takes us longer. How is your MIL doing and is your dh back home yet? I kinda enjoy a day or two of being single but thats enuff for me. Congrats with staying OP.

Marybeth, Earthquake, what earthquake???? Actually I caught the tail end of a news report but I didn't hear how big or how little it was. I didn't feel a thing and no-one else has mentioned it to me either so apparently it wasn't big enough to make a big deal about. I remember when dh went back in the service and we had just moved into an apartment in CA and every now and then the glass door windows would rattle and I'd wonder if that was a tremor. Finally I found out that it was from bombs being dropped on the military base. I really only felt a couple quakes out there but they were little. They are kinda unnerving tho. We had one here that was 4.5 or 5.0 and my mil ran out of the house and started yelling at her dh because she thought he was doing something that was making the house shake. Actually I could just picture him doing something to cause that. Congrats on getting down another "decade" . Thats great.

Jen, I wish they would hire a permanent back up for the reception desk. By the time I cover her breaks and lunch and take my own breaks and lunch, well, its about 3 hours away from my own work. Luckily I only have to do it every couple of months but I hate it cause people call with questions that I have no idea what they are talking about. Oh well, we don't have a choice in the matter so we just do it and we all grumble about it.

Well, I'm going to play an online game then I need to get my butt in gear so take care everyone.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #14  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone

We are finally getting rain here. It has rained every day since my dh went up north and I haven't had to do any watering. The yard is starting to look like a jungle though but it is too wet to mow. Hubby is coming home tomorrow and can take care of it next week.

Marlana~I am glad that you are enjoying that computer. Mine gets so slow sometimes that I just want to pitch it out the window and it isn't 2 years old yet. I am going to have to do something about it before my warranty runs out. It is just so stressful sometimes dealing with those techs on the warranty plan. It takes about 45 minutes just to get to them and by then, I am sick of explaining the problems for the 4th time. Maybe that is the whole reasoning behind that, a lot of people would get so frustrated that they would hang up.

Jen~We are going to build a back deck here too someday. Right now we just have too many projects on the list and not enough time or money to do them all. Luckily, we are not in a hurry around here. I sure hope your grandpa responds to the treatment. It will be so nice for him to have you there to visit him often. He is very lucky to have you close like that. My MIL was sent home Thursday night because the doctors say that she is too weak for the surgery. Hubby spent the weekend there and is coming home knowing that he will be repeating the trip again soon.

Sally~You're still a newlywed (kinda) and supposed to miss your husband when he isn't there. I miss my husband but I just don't want him to hurry home. The dogs are pitiful though. They want to lay on the front porch all day and watch for him.

JoJo~Your luck with project sounds similar to ours. We also seem to be the ones to get the defective products too. I hope that you and your hubby are getting that bathroom remodeling done without too many problems. One of my skylights started leaking just before dh went up north. He put a tarp over it and will have to deal with it when he returns. It would have started leaking a long time ago if we had been getting normal rainfall. It seems like there is always something going wrong in a house.

Marybeth~Congratulations in making it into a new decade. Good work.

Y'all have a good evening. I just realized that it is almost time to head back to the church for evening services.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:21 AM   #15  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning all....I had a good day and a bad day yesterday. I had my son and his family over for dinner. I ate way too much and drank way too much. In fact I couldn't go to sleep last night, I had too much Mt. Dew. Plus I was sort of aggravated at my hubby. He was just a a** all day. It's things like that that makes me want to eat. Right now I could start on that smoked turkey we had left over and eat until I could pop. But I'm not. Another week gone by and I haven't moved forward one little bit on losing weight. I hope I can do better next week.

~~Sally~~I'm a tad frizzled myself after having 6 kids here all afternoon yesterday. When they left I just flopped in a chair and took a deep breath. I'm trying my best to get started and stay started on a food plan. Mind over matter. It don't matter what kind of an excuse I give myself to as why I should eat something, my mind better say no.

~~Jo Jo~~I know what you mean about getting started on a food plan, I've been hung on eat right a day and eat wrong 2 days for so long I don't know how to get out. I may have to go to bed and stay there for a week. It remains to be seen just what kind of a deal the salesman made me on the puter. It has messed up some, but not bad. I haven't got use to it yet though. I still haven't found my screen to register it. I've got to call tech today.

~~Skeeter~~Glad you got some rain, it was about time. As for as your puter being slow and only 2 years old. My old one is only 3 years old, and it was slow too. I thank I can live with the speed of this one, I better be able to, because I bet I never get another one. I thank you need to get with Staples and hang in there until they work on your puter, take advantage of the warranty you bought. eMachines only have one board in them anymore so it something goes wrong with this one before the 3 years are up then it will be like a band new puter for them to fix it.

I've got to run, I need to feed my flowers today. Have a good day.
Closed Thread