Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

You can do it sugar! I was at my heaviest when I graduated high school and to this day it kills me to see that picture hanging in my parents' house. So if nothing else, do it for me I think you're going to do awesome. And we want to see some graduation pics!
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #17  

Thanks guys!
So, my day so far:
Food wise, I've eaten about 800 calories: a lean cuisine, a sandwich, and 120-calories of carefully measured ice cream.
For exercise I went to lacrosse practice, and then ran a slow mile afterwards. It was a plod, but it was extra running, so that was good!

I'm planning on having a pear for a snack whenever I get hungry, then have either a can of soup or a lean cuisine for dinner. I'll probably throw in some veggies too. If my dinner is about 300 calories that leaves me 500 (purposefully undercounting, in-case I've underestimated things I've already eaten) for fruit/veggies and maybe a little piece of chocolate tonight. Sounds good to me!

One thing I need to work on is my water intake, though. I've only had 2 glasses today and I really want to up that.

Thanks for all the ideas and support guys!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #18  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I would knock off the cheerios. They are not the best choice, they are full of sugar. Cliff bar also won't suffice as lunch. Are you having in between brekkie and lunch? If not, you should have. I have been unable to eliminate carbs completely from my eating but at least I try to keep them to minimum and always paired with protein. E.g. a whole wheat English muffin with an egg omelete and some turkey breast (deli cold cut).
Actually if they are plain old Cheerios.. .they are not full of sugar at all. There is 1 Gram of sugar per serving in Cheerios.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #19  

I messed up a bit yesterday. I had a little 'Oscar party' which meant I bought sweets for my friends and then ate a lot of them myself. I weighed in at 189, this morning, which is significantly up, but that's alright. I figure even if I'm losing weight by taking two steps forward, then one step back, the general trend is downward and I'm going to switch it back that direction.

My meal/day plan:
- lean cuisine, 310, and pear, 100ish, for breakfast
- red bell pepper strips, 30ish, snap peas, 30ish, orange, 30ish, and clif bar, 180, for lunch
- go for run outside immediately after school
- snack on fruit/veggies until dinner around 6:30.

It's going to be a good day and I'm going to get right back on track! The only hard part about today is that we're probably going to go out to eat tonight, but I'll just do my best to order something healthy and to eat only what I'm hungry for, not everything on the plate.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #20  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Viatre, here's a tip for eating out, too... if there's something that you absolutely love, like french fries, just ask someone for ONE. take it in the middle of your meal, and eat it slowly (like 4 bites, chew well each time). You will find that you "got a taste" of the fries but without all the added fat/calories/carbs of the entire order--one fry isn't going to kill you.
(Now, if you go to dinner with 12 people, you can't have one fry and one fried mozzerella and one fried chicken finger and one popper and one jojo and one blooming onion and one spring roll and one quesadilla, that will blow your diet. You can try like one or two "off limits" things, if it will not trigger you to eat off limits things yourself.)

Often places will substitute an extra veggie for a potato. Ruby Tuesday's has a good menu for dieters...and a good salad bar. It's harder to make good choices at places like Mexican or Chinese
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #21  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Please keep posting, Viatre. This thread is inspiring. I'm in a similar boat and trying to lose 17 lbs in 11 weeks for a music festival. And a visit with my ex. I want to look my best.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Yes definitely keep ups updated! (You too Chickie!)
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viatre View Post
I figure even if I'm losing weight by taking two steps forward, then one step back, the general trend is downward and I'm going to switch it back that direction.

It's going to be a good day and I'm going to get right back on track! The only hard part about today is that we're probably going to go out to eat tonight, but I'll just do my best to order something healthy and to eat only what I'm hungry for, not everything on the plate.
I hate to be a downer, but in reality, depending on the size of that one step backward, it can really wipe out any loss created by those two steps forward. So yes, it's GREAT that you're right back on track TODAY. Minimize that damage.

As far as eating out, you must learn to adhere to a healthy lifestyle regardless of your circumstances (like last night Oscar party). You can socialize, eat out AND stay on plan. There really is no other way to consistently lose weight other than of course - staying on plan.. Because life is all around us - parties, stress, events, holidays, movies, etc. There is no way around it. At a restaurant - there's always a salad, dressing on the side. There's always some kind of baked fish and steamed veggies. Don't be embarrassed - question the waiter as to how things are made - be specific. Specify that you want the dressing on the side, the veggies/fish/chicken/whatever made without butter/oil/margarine, etc. Or you can order a healthy (make sure that it IS) appetizer instead of an entire entree.

I would also set up some rules for myself before hand. Like no matter what - no bread, no dessert. Drink lots of water and or diet soda.

You CAN do this. It takes some time to get these things ingrained in the brain. One good choice after another. One good day after another. String em' together.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Sweetie, luckily, YOU DO. This is too important to leave it to somebody else, not that you could any way. This is up to you, you and you. You CAN make this happen. You hold the key. You've got the power. It's your CHOICE. And yes weight loss is a doable thing for anyone and every one - yourself included. So get crackin' missy. You want to lose weight? Then go for it. Put in the work that's necessary and required TO GET IT DONE! Pronto. ASAP. This minute. And every minute thereafter.

Okay. But please by all means set yourself up for success. Cheerios are air food. Cliff bars - glorified candy bars - empty calories which are not filling and leaves you clamoring for more food in no time at all. KAshi Go Lean Cereal & Fiber One cereal with skim milk (the plain ones, not the cluster-y high calorie ones by the way. Think veggies, veggies and more veggies. PAckaged turkey breast. Egg white omlettes. Sugar free/fat free yogurt. Veggies, veggies, veggies. Enormous salads. Veggie platters with salsa. Roasted veggies of all kinds.

Make the junk absolutely off limits to you. It's poison in your eyes. Don't make it an option TO eat it. It's a definite no-no. I would get it rid of it, I'd ask my family to please help and support me and not bring it into the house - you can't eat it if it's not there. If that's not possible - again - it's off limits to you. It's their food - not yours. It's not intended for you, it's not meant for you, it's not earmarked for you. You've got a condition and for you to even THINK about touching it would be absurd. YEah, I rely a lot on self talk.

You don't have to be overweight if you don't want to be. You dont' like it change it. You have the ability to do this. It's within your hands. Know it. Tell yourself it. Do something about it!! Challenge yourself. Push yourself. And then stand back and wait as you AMAZE yourself.

Even though that wasnt directed at me, I really needed it too. Thank you!! You speak SO much truth.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #25  

Update!

Well, it's been 10 days since I started weighing in, and I'm at 186.5! I was hoping to be at 185 in a couple days, which probably won't happen but is possible. My goals are just guidelines for me, I want to hit them but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't, especially when I'm still mostly on plan and not intentionally sabotaging myself.

I've been kind of lazy about running the last couple days - it's spring break and I've been travelling a little, to my defense - but I'm going to try to get back onto that track.

I haven't really been pushing this weight thing. I kind of eat what I want, am conscious of calories, and only rarely have I had to really talk myself out of anything, and that's just wonderful! I've only lost a couple pounds since seriously weighing myself, but I am significantly down from what I was a couple weeks ago! I'd been just sort of fluctuating between 191 and 194 for the last couple months, usually on the lower end, but even then I've lost almost 5 pounds!

I've still got some momentum and motivation and hopefully I can keep it up!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Hey Viatre,

It's nice to see someone on here with whom it is so easy for me to relate. I'm no longer a high school senior (working on my 2nd semester of college) but I remember doing Weight Watchers last year and working so hard with no particular goal in mind but to just do it. And I had amazing results. For the first time in my life I felt truly beautiful on my prom night. For graduation, I sewed myself a dress that fit me perfectly and again, felt beautiful.

And then somewhere between summer vacations and the stress of moving to college and adapting to that lifestyle I gained it all back. I tried on that dress, the one I made for myself, yesterday hoping to wear it to Spring Weekend and it no longer fits and that was a big kick in the butt for me.

So stay with it, through thick and thin, and don't get back to the point where I am, starting all over again. Make the change for life now and prepare yourself for the long haul. The both of us are young and we have so many years ahead of us-- don't we want to live them to their fullest?

You are inspiring and you can do this!

PM me if you feel like chatting, I'm always up to making new friends!
KatehSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 219/219/140

I would suggest taking lunch to school. A half sandwich with lots of veggies and lean turkey wouldn't be many calories at all and you could even have baked chips if you crave them, and/or fruit. Or, if that wouldn't work for you then maybe the sandwich half after school?
Twitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 219/219/140

Viatre, Katehsparrow said something in her post that triggered something I wanted to mention. I know you have a goal in mind of losing for graduation, but don't forget that you have the rest of your life ahead of you too. Kate mentioned doing WW without any particular time or event goal and that is what made me want suggest to you not to give up after graduation. I have been guilty all through my life of setting an event goal then giving up when I didn't quite get the results I wanted by that date. I hope you do better in the long haul and hope to read about your progess here.
Twitter is offline   Reply With Quote