Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Default Injury, sad, disappointed :-(

ARGH!!!

I am SO MAD. I recently made a commitment to myself to go to the gym for four days a week for four weeks. NO excuses, no missed days, nothing. I was on my third week of this and on Wednesday I really hurt my back at the gym. I couldn't finish my workout.

I had a car accident about 7 months ago so have been slowly recovering from that. I'm not even able to run anymore on the treadmill which is very sad to me. But, that's fine, I was able to speed walk and that was okay with me.

I tried to step it up within the last few weeks and I just think by week #3 my back said - NO. I maybe stretched too vigorously and then did too much of an incline or something on the treadmill and really injured my back on Wednesday.

I just went to massage therapy this morning and she told me I an acute injury and may even have a disc problem.

I'm SOOOOOO mad and disappointed. I was doing so well with my commitment and even going to start going to hot yoga next week.

I guess this post is just a vent.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Injury can be so frustrating I've been there and it's brutal.

BUT - the most important thing is to let your body heal. So work on that. Weight loss isn't a race, and right now, your journey might have to go a bit more slowly while you heal. But eventually, if you honor your body by letting yourself recover, you'll likely be able to do the physical things you want to eventually.

Hang in there!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Ice, rest, anti-inflammatories! If it stays bad, see your doc. Do you know a good chiropractor? Sometimes they can help a lot.

Mostly you just have to keep using icepacks, 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off.

Like mandalinn82 said, you have to let your body heal.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I've had a few minor injuries so I couldn't exercise for a while. those made me mad and disappointed too, so I get it. I try to look at those things as a learning experience, taking it slow and steady according to what my body needs and can take (to go with my fitness level and abilities). at the same time, I want to push myself adequately too. slow and steady is something I've adapted to. Hang in there!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote