Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #31  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

You are most deffinately NOT alone! On 12/30/09 I went to the doctor (nothing serious) but he weighed me...312...NO WAY! This is the heaviest I have ever been...I went to the gym the following day...got a year membership and started working...got a trainer who sets up my stregth & cardio programs monthly for me...and I have changed to eating healthy and between 1700 - 1900 calories per day. I feel great, I have so much more energy...I am at the gym 6 days a week for an hour a day. I lose on average about 2 -3 pounds per week. I want it more than I ever have and every night I go to sleep and I can hear that skinny woman inside my head (the one I thought the fat girl killed) telling me to just keep working, keep going...you can do it! Each day I wake up and look in the mirror and say..."when will I see the difference? When will I be thin?" In the same breath...I know that if I don't have to work for it...if it just magically disappeared...I wouldn't stay thin...(you know...that mentality that we use with our children...if you have to work for it/buy it you will take better care of it!!) Right now, when I find myself wishing for it to happen magically...I remind myself that now, I can run, I can walk, I can do all of these things in my workouts and at higher intesities and weights, than I could when I started...and while I might not be skinny at this very second...that skinny girl is in me...and you know what...the fat girl isn't going to win this time!!
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Thanks ladies. I'm going to keep fighting the good fight. I'm glad I'm not alone. Maybe I'll dig out an old "after" photo of myself from "before" for motivation. Good luck to you on your journeys too...
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #33  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinThin View Post
I don't know how to capture a quote yet...

Unfortunately, this has actually happened to me since joining this site and looking at all the success stories. Everyone has been great and so positive and supportive, but the before and after pics depress me. I'm struggling with "I'll never get there" kind of thinking.
I hear that!

It's great having 3FC as it's such a great support source, and I absolutely love reading threads. But other people's success has made me feel down about myself once or twice. I mean... I've lost 4.5lbs in 9 weeks. I lose about 0.1lbs a day... which means to lose 50lbs, it's going to take me 500 days at this rate!!!

It seems so easy for everyone else (SEEMS! I absolutely know that losing weight is a struggle for everyone, and it's unlike ANY one here has it 'easier' than me).

Although other days, I feel "if they can do it so can I!" so it can work both ways.

I just need to stop comparing myself to others
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #34  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

I think if you look up "impatient" in the dictionary, my photo is plastered right there next to it LOL One of my biggest faults is that when I want something, I want it RightNow.

What's helping me, in my own head, is looking at it like this: it took me about 15 years to put on all this weight. But now I know, if I work hard, I can take this weight off in less than a year. That seems fast compared to 15 years!
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

I think that all of us feel the same.
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 195/191/125

Height: 4'11

I just think to myself, "Why did I put this off for so long? If I'd started X months ago, I'd be done!" But you can't let that kind of thinking get you down.
Morgan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I've always wanted it, to just wake up thin, but i also don't think i could have handld it. now that i'm months into this journey, i want it off even faster. i know these are the choices i'm going to be making for the rest of my life, i know i can maintain a healthy lifestyle and how to cope if things start sliding. so i'm impatient because i want all those realizations to show!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote