Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 04:25 PM   #16  

Default sassy,yoyomom

Hey Sassy ,
I have not seen Amybunz in a while. I seen her on my buddylist a few times but didnt dare IM her since I havent seen her post anymore.Oh ,your question about walking...It doesnt matter if you break up the walk into 3-4 times a day 30 times each. You will still burn calories. I used to do if I didnt have time to finish the whole walk in the morning.

Yoyomom I will enter you in this challenge for 4 lbs

Gen
194/137/130
Old 08-26-2002, 04:49 PM   #17  
determined chick!

Angry hey everybody

Gennel I can't believe that lifeguard what a jerk to embarass you in front of everyone! Well I didn't post Saturday. I didn't have a loss. Hoping for one this week though. I'm feeling better and more energized this week so hopefully that's a good sign. Take care everyone. Di
Old 08-26-2002, 07:51 PM   #18  

Default The nerve

Gennel,

That lifeguard was way out line!!!! And your husband had all the rights in the world to get mad! He should have called you over and told you privately. When people do stuff like that it is wrong!
And the closing I know where you are coming from we went thru all that March 2001 when we bought our house and the apartment next to us. They kept getting them mixed up and one was paid off and they kept trying to tie them together it was a total mess. Needless to say we never got everything in our name on the houses till September 2001 when I had to hire a lawyer to get it straightened out. So my heart goes to you there girl.

But don't let it get you, you have come a long way!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:53 AM   #19  

Default How is everyone?????

Hi guys,
Just popped in before I leave to the Gym. Wondering how everyone is doing,hanging on or coping ? I'm hanging in there still. Another stressfilled week for my house of course. Now after 4 weeks of paperwork and lots of BS my mortgage broker tells us that the lender is NOT going to be able to do this loan for us! Now the interest rate that was given is higher. THis is a preconstruction loan that Prime Rate Interest are used, once the house is built they give us the lower current interest rate. After 4 weeks of telling us everything looked good now "debt to loan" ratio is still too high! I'm going back and forth here. I've paid off our big credit cards but of course that doesnt show up on our credit report because I just paid it off about 6 days ago! UGH!!!!!
What they see on the computer screen is what they are going to believe. Also a car I traded in over 3 yrs ago still shows up as a $10,000 balance! I was just notified and I had to call the bank, go in person and ask them to show that this account was paid off and closed. OF course this somehow takes 4 weeks to do! I want to scream but I have to remain calm because this is really starting to affect my husband and he'll have a nervous breakdown soon.
Now we're going through another bank for this loan and I'm waiting for Fed Ex to deliver the application forms. This will be fun to do all over again! To make matters worse, each time we go to a bank for a loan our credit score, which is also called Beacon score, it goes a little down! I didnt know this at all. When you pay something off it goes a little higher , but who knows when that will be!

Well I better go!

Weigh in is this saturday!
Gen
194/137/130
"If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 08-29-2002, 12:51 PM   #20  

Wink Hangin' in there

Hey Gennel! Man you are having a tough time with that, it is a real pain in the neck I have been there myself with it like I said when we bought our 2 houses we went through alot of greif. Just hang in there and don't let it get the best of you or your hubby it will work out it might just take some time till it everything gets straightened out on your credit reports.

I am doing pretty good here haven't went out of my point range as far as eatting. I have been walking everday except yesterday due to TOM my first few days are murder. Hubby is on his way for the rest of week I made him Tuna Casserole he loves it and I made a lite tuna casserole for me. That is what I have been doing so I don't cheat if I make a high fat dinner I make a low one for myself. I have accumlated alot of recipes so it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Well due to TOM I am not expecting a great loss this Saturday but at least something. Hey how did your sister ever make out with that surgery did she get it done or didn't she (the band thing)?

Michelle
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 AM   #21  

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm hanging in there. I've spent the last 2 days tring to get back into the "I'm on a diet" mode, while battling TOM bloat as well. A little walking, a little steppping (and I mean a little but it's better than nothing). It won't work if I can't EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE. So after this short adjustment period (No pun intended but HA-HA) I hope to be on track by the week-end. Hmmm. Just in time for my anniversary!!! Try as I might I can't seem to get my husband to take me out to a nice place for a QUIET STRESS FREE dinner. He wants to spend the day with his sister and her family, which will be fun but I really want a fancy meal, cooked by someone else, just the 2 of us.
OK I'm getting ready to go over-board complaining. STOP.
Speaking of DH , He is the financial genius of the family. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to money. I can't even balance a check book. Well, I can, but I don't bother. Gen, I hope it all works out for you.
I'll check in again soon.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:07 AM   #22  

Default Hangin in there..

Hey Sassy,
Thanks for the peptalk, I needed it! I know its going to take time to straighten things out and I'm at the point now where I have to accept that. If it was up to me things would be done yesterday! But "we" have to depend on total strangers to do that.
I loved the light tuna casserole idea. I have made light dinners for myself many times. That's the only way to know the exact portion and calories.

Appleblossom, a little of something is better than nothing.
I HATE TOM! lol It's difficult to keep motivated and find strength when TOM is around! I dont think I'll have a loss this week either. My weightloss has been about 1/2 lb a week. So I usually see a difference every 2 -3 weeks. Everyone keeps telling me " you lost more weight! " But I havent ! lol I guess they are looking at the over all weightloss. My mom said the dumbest thing the other night! I let her cook for us , but I had her make me brown rice instead of white rice. She was about to put oil in the water and I screeched " No! Please no oil!" She turned around and told me " You must be anorexic or something girl!"
She thinks since I've lost almost to my goal weight that I can eat the same things again. IT doesnt work that way. If that was the way it works there would be millions of ex dieters that have stayed thin! She told my hubby not to let me lose another pound.
I'm 137 lbs, trust me I dont look anorexic! I'm a shorty at 5'3" .
But my mom is hispanic and spanish moms are known to want to bulk up their babies until they can barely walk ! They love seeing 40 lb 1 yr olds! lol I dont take any of this seriously and I have to laugh.
Well tomorrow is weigh in day already!!! OMG too fast right?

ttyl,
Gen
194/137/130
Old 08-31-2002, 09:40 AM   #23  

Talking Good morning!

Well Good morning everyone! Well I have a 2 lb loss this week, it is ok but I was hoping for more all the work I put into it and that but I am discouraged as to it is TOM and had a rough time as normal. I joined Curves on Thursday and went on Friday but they are closed on the weekends and this Monday due to the holiday. So I guess I walk more then normal to acomodate for that.

Can't wait and see how everyone else does!!! And hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 05:44 PM   #24  

Default WeighInChart 8/31/02

Hey! What's the matter with me!!!! I cant believe that I actually totally forgot to weigh myself this morning! So I cant post anything for myself today so I will weigh myself tomorrow. I think I stayed the same since I have missed the gym too many days this past week. Sassy DONT feel bad one bit! I know 2 lbs might seem so little but it is A LOT girl! Thirty two oucnes off of you . I know sometimes we work so much harder and push ourselves ,hoping for bigger results. By the way TOM has a lot to do with that also so dont worry too much about it. I wish I was losing 2 lbs a week but it just doesnt happen for me anymore, the most I'm losing is 1/2 lb a week. So I'll probably see a change next week . I dont have any updates from anyone else . So PLEASE PM ME! Something happened with my messages when I signed on it said I had a private message but it showed that there wasnt any messages there? Gen.....

Goal..3 lbs.... Loss ?? Will find out tomorrow!

Spryng..Goal..5lbs...

Jen519..Goal..6 lbs...

Sassycat..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..3.5 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs

Grizzlyschick...Goal Loss 1 lbs

Gen
194/137/130

Last edited by Gennel; 09-02-2002 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:43 PM   #25  

Gen,

It sounds like you have had a terrible couple of days. I hope that you can have some time to yourself to recuperate now that school has started.

I promise that five (well, maybe ten) years from now, that water slide incident will be a cherished memory that your DH and you will chuckle over. In the mean time, you can pointedly remind him of his lack of judgement in selecting your bathing attire.

I would be surpriseed if you could lose your down payment due to a delay on the bank's part. These sale contracts almost always include an out for you if you can't arrange financing. Also, the company involved isn't likely to want to lose your sale just to keep your deposit. At any rate, good luck!

I maintained this week at my weigh-in. Haven't gotten back in the swing of things since my return from vacation. I've been doing the back-to-school clothes thing for my daughter and making up for lost time on the yardwork that I neglected all summer, but somehow I always find time to nibble. Well, at least I didn't gain and next week is the first week of the rest of my life!
Old 09-02-2002, 06:16 AM   #26  

Well, Sassy, it turns out it is TOM for me too and maybe that is why I didn't lose anything at my last weigh-in. Two pounds would be an exceptional week for me, and normally I would expect to gain a few pounds around this time. In addition to bloat, I also have to battle munchies. Maybe I can focus now and make better choices.

My daughter ate a snack cake yesterday and two are packaged together. I tried to talk myself out of eating the second, but I didn't get very far. Metabolism aside, that's one reason it's harder to control my weight now than it used to be... lots of kid-friendly foods being prepared and consumed around me (I only have one child but that's enough to stock the larder). Stuff I would never buy if I didn't have any children and somehow having it around triggers long-dormant cravings. A PBJ can be comfort food but not diet-friendly!

Anyway, it's back to Ryeola today!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #27  

Wink It gets better

Yoyo Mom what a curse we got huh!!! I hate TOM!!! I don't bloat or anything but I get really sick sometimes from it! It is over now and I can start my normal routine again. Of course Curve's is closed today due to the holiday so I will go walking at the park I am sure it will be packed today!

Kids yes it is hard to watch what you eat when you have kid friendly food around. How old is your daughter? My son is 15 and he eats what eat pretty much I make him take the cupcakes and that up to his room and store them that way I stay out of them! And I get the kudo bars they are only 2 pts a peice so they the chocolate in them if I am really craving.

I see you are from MA my DH goes to MA 3 times a week he is an owner/operator. Beautiful country up there!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:47 AM   #28  
determined chick!

Default hi

Hi everyone TOM is here so only 1 pound loss for me. Take care. Di
Old 09-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #29  

Default Up and Down!

Well I sort of figured this week would be the same for me. I missed my weigh in on saturday so I weighed in yesterday. IT was at 136 lbs and of course I was thrilled, but of course I needed confirmation so I weighed myself like 3 more times lol. Up and down from 136-137 , back and forth it went. So I'm leaving my weight at 137 until I see a real difference! lol Today we went to a water park and we BBQ'd there. And I finally got to wear a 2 pc swimsuit. I felt like a fish out of water. I almost made my 10 yr old cry at home. I kept fidgeting my bikini bottom up and down and of course Iwas wearing one of those skirt wraps. My husband kept telling me I was a total knockout babe lol. I started to tell him that for a few yrs Ive been so heavy and even though its taken me 6-7 months it seems like I got a new body overnight.
I see the slim person but there are moments when I see the fatgirl in the mirror. Well my 10 yr old was there and her eyes got watery and she told me" Mom! you look really good and you are thin now!Please dont say that" I guess our kids are in tune with what's going on more than we think. I dont want to pass on these insecurities to my girls so I really need to work on that.
The last time I wore a 2 pc was about 14 yrs ago . I think I got used to seeing a big woman in the mirror for so long that now I feel strange! I'm thrilled at the results but I'm still getting used to a new me, or the girl that's been hiding under 57 lbs of extra weight. And all this talk about TOM! Ugh well he's here today also! So Iguess that made things a little worse lol.
Anywho we had fun today, I got on the waterslides with my girls
something I would NEVER had done whenI was heavier.
I ate more than normal...TOM? I hate the munchies when TOM is here! I want to eat and eat and eat! Usually icecream,cookies,chips ..anything! lol

Grizzly congrats on your loss this week

Gen
194/137/130
Old 09-03-2002, 01:40 AM   #30  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Aw...Gen you got me all misty eyed. Well chin up girl you have worked hard for the results that you have today. You should be ever so proud of yourself. And look at your baby girl she is darn proud of her mom. That is great.

Well my family's weight challenge came to an end on September 1. I did not win. But that is okay I said as long as I came out with a loss at the end was good enough for me. I lost 11 lbs since June 1. My dad the winner lost 32 lbs!!! Can you say WOW! So that went so well that my mom is motivated to start another so we will start this weekend. I don't know that I will win my chances are high. But I hope to lose 15 lbs this time. It will only last for 2 months ending right before the holidays which is a relief in itself.

But I have it in my favor because my DH went out and bought me an elliptical machine!!! I am truly excited about my new toy. He already set it up and everthing. I hopped on after work and LOVE it! Now you all know my crazy schedule well it just got worse with school starting tomorrow morning but I plan to atleast get 5 min. a day in. I think I can hold to that goal. In fact I know I can. Anyway...thanks for introducing me to the elliptical machine Gen. I am going to love it. And OH my husband likes it too AND he plans to join in the next family weight challenge. So it is going to be really good. So who knows maybe one of us will win but hopefully both of us will lose.

Well I am going to hit the shower so that I can hit the pillow because I have school tomorrow. Talk later. I hope you have many smiles come back at you tomorrow and everyday.

Corina "Kina"
Closed Thread