Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #16  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

My bf is very supportive and always tells me how proud he is of me. He always says I am perfect the way I am but if I can be alive longer because I become more healthy, then he wants me to become more healthy so he can always be with me.

A couple of friends and I also have a LJ community where we post what we eat and all that so we support each other that way.

Last edited by aliquot; 02-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #17  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

For the people that I have told that I'm changing my direction, they have been extremely supportive. They are praying for me to endure the process as well. I keep them all updated on where I am and all that. So Yay and of course the support here is almost like family. This is where I come because I know there will be someone here that will understand my issues. All other supporters have never had any weight issues. Sometimes I could be wondering what to do about something psychological and why I don't see anything but bigger clothes they don't understand that.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #18  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I saw that same episode of x-weighted. I was thinking..."What a JERK"

I am blessed that my husband, children, siblings, and in-laws are all extremely supportive, and definitely my biggest cheerleaders. They have all been wonderful, and I feel very fortunate to have them all in my life!

A small handful of friends are still supportive, but sadly there are some people in my life who are waiting and watching and hoping for failure. They are the (overweight) "friends" who were very supportive until I got out of the morbidly obese category...They wanted me to lose "some weight", but once I started looking 1/2 way good...like getting noticed good, they were on the front line of sabotage, rumors, and nasty comments. I say to them adios! Don't need them and don't want them in my life. It's funny though, these people think they can make me crack by being nasty, but the opposite is true. The harder they are on me, the harder I try to stay fit.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-01-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Right now, the only person I have close to me, in person, is hubs. He is supportive enough. He brings me my favorite treat a little more often than he should, but to be fair, it's once a week and frankly, it's because I've DEMANDED it at 8am so many times, he just wants to be prepared. He has commented on my figure when I've pushed him. I think his policy is, he can only get in so much trouble for saying nothing, but who knows what kind of crap-heap he can land in for speaking out of turn. Not that I am one of those women, no no no...
I come here because my friends are miles and miles and miles and half a continent away, and my family has never been supportive. And hubs is, bless his furry heart, somewhat clueless about the fairer of our species.
He has explained to me, honestly, that he has no idea what I want but is happy to provide it to me at any time. So - that's a big enough measure of support from him. I ask, I receive. I'm not about to buy him a DVD on how to support his wife through her weight loss. It would make him nervous.
So here I am, being supported by a wonderful group of folks!
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #20  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

I don't have a ton. My mom had lap band almost 3 years ago and has lost over 100 pounds, but she doesn't try. She hates to sweat so she never works out and she still eats not great food. The rest of my family are typical southerners, lots of meat and carbs and sweets, and 'y'all don't leave until you finish your plate!' kind of people. They're all rather rotund.
My roommates and friends are all pretty skinny and drink and eat a lot of crap (that's college life!) so no help there. So I'm pretty much alone at this other than the great support I've received here!
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #21  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I get some encouragement, but honestly, 3FC is my main support team. Partly because I'm a college kid living across the country from my parents, my boyfriend is in Iraq, and I don't have any roommates. My friends and bf encourage me, but I am the one forcing myself to work out and eat healthy meals. I think this is good for me for now though. I don't have the temptation to eat out all the time or pressure to make unhealthy meals or spend my workout time being lazy. I'm making healthy habits now when I only have to worry about me.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

3FC is definitely plays one of the biggest parts in my support network, I also get loads from the people in my Slimming World weigh-ins and sessions. The people are so lovely, friendly and honest. I think because we are all in the same boat we all have little tips to share.
Luckily my friends are also bloody amazing, they have listened to me ranting and raving about losing loads and not losing enough, and some of them have even joined me on the weight loss journey (which has made me so proud of them). Most of all though I'm shocked at how supportive my family are being, they were always the first to criticise me for my weight, but now every week I'm getting a compliment about how great I look and how proud they are that I'm losing weight and "disappearing" lol! It's funny because they were the last people to know I was losing weight, but they're just so helpful now.. and it makes me so happy when my gran sees me and screams every sunday because she sees I'm getting smaller. And whenever I go to stay with my parents, mum always makes an effort to buy foods that I'll eat; she will even ask me for a shopping list which I think is so sweet!

I've done weight loss alone before with the help of 3fc, but this time I think I've got all the support in the world and I'm not going to stop.
xx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

My husband is fairly good at supporting me, sometimes I think he just wants to go out to eat and have me not be so picky, but he is good otherwise. My friends and family, They are encouraging but I can tell they are getting real sick of hearing about my progress, so I try to keep weight loss talk to a minimum .

That's why I like coming here. Here you can go on and on about how a pair of size 14 jeans fit and everyone understands and is happy for you!
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote