Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 218/210/175

Height: 5'11''

It's hard in a culture that focuses on having everything the SAME to be different. Especially when you don't get a choice in the matter. We've got to mix things up and be empowered by difference.
Lahlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Thank you, ladies. With all of the advice I have gotten, I am going to try to work on it... If I could just lose 2 or 3 inches, I would be so happy... BUT... since that isnt going to happen, I will just work on it.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #33  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahlem View Post
Here's a picture of me and my two best friends (guess which one is me!).
Sunshine, that's easy to tell - you the MOST GORGEOUS ONE out of the three in the picture. Please remember that.
And I mean it!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #34  
Let's salsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
My only issue is the abundance of short men. Bleh. I like tall guys. I want to feel protected in my man's arms. 6'0" and up is my preference for men.
Thundahthighs, sorry, I didn't mean to rub anything in. I just want to say that being tall comes with its own problems as well. It's really the same like being a very hour shaped woman who cannot find jeans that don't gape at the waist.
It's the same like being a woman with a large chest who cannot find a shirt that would fit her. It is just a different sort of problems, that's all. For one - hardly any pants are long enough. I am not that tall but I guess my legs are long and so I need jeans with longer inseam which appears to be quite a challenge.

And as Cali Doll said - men (or at least the majority of men) are too short. I tried online dating for a while and I was frustrated that I could not base my searches on height. I know, many will think it is not the most important aspect but I have always liked tall guys. I consider 6'2" to be the bare minimum. For some reason I was like a magnet for guys of my own height, or guys who were 5'8" or 5"10 tall. It just doesn't cut it for me. So I am happy to be back with my ex-BF who is 6'4" (of course, that's not the only reason why I like him).
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #35  

Tomato
Old 01-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #36  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahlem View Post
And to shorter people-- At least you're not the "human ladder" who has to get everything on/off the top shelves. "Can you reach that?" Why, yes. Yes, I can.
Oh my goodness, you have no idea how many times I've been embarrassed at the grocery store from having to stop some stranger and ask them to reach something off a top shelf for me (or sometimes not even the top shelf, if the only items on a lower shelf are so far back I can't reach them)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
lol I am the brunette all the way to the left... This is why i feel like the bionic woman.Attachment 34333
Wow, you are really beautiful! You have one of those "model-beautiful" faces and your hair is gorgeous! When I wore my hair long it would take an hour with a blow dryer and a curling iron to get it looking that good... only to have it fall flat again an hour later LOL
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
And as Cali Doll said - men (or at least the majority of men) are too short. I tried online dating for a while and I was frustrated that I could not base my searches on height. I know, many will think it is not the most important aspect but I have always liked tall guys. I consider 6'2" to be the bare minimum. For some reason I was like a magnet for guys of my own height, or guys who were 5'8" or 5"10 tall. It just doesn't cut it for me. So I am happy to be back with my ex-BF who is 6'4" (of course, that's not the only reason why I like him).
Oh man, am I ever with you on this!

I'm dating online now and I KEEP getting matched with guys who are 5'8" through 5'10". *sigh* I wear 3 inch heeled boots most times when dressing up (in the winter). I need at least 6'0" to feel comfortable. I will say, if the man is comfortable with my being taller than him, I'm usually sort of OK...but, I just prefer having to reach up and stretch to put my arms around my guy. I love that! I love being tall but feeling petite with my guy. (((Such a great feeling))).

The last guy I dated (we're friends now) is 6'1"...I love it. I used to wear my boots and call him shorty (even though he was still a couple of inches taller than me w/ boots). LOL!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Now... I want all you chickies who are talking about how a man has to be X feet Y inches tall to even be considered--to remember this thread the next time a poster is all upset because her boyfriend says he is turned off by her weight.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Now... I want all you chickies who are talking about how a man has to be X feet Y inches tall to even be considered--to remember this thread the next time a poster is all upset because her boyfriend says he is turned off by her weight.

Jay

LOL! Personally, I don't see a thing wrong with having a physical preference (height OR weight). I DO have a problem with someone being jerky about it, though! (ie, someone saying "You disgust me! Lose weight or I'm leaving you!")

I never tell guys, "Sorry, you are too short and I feel like a giant when I'm with you. Go find someone else to embarrass!".

Height, weight, hair color, eye color...we all have things we prefer. There's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 01-26-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #40  
Let's salsa!

Quote:

Jay
JayEll,
Your wishes are my orders.
I am guilty as charged.

A quick comment for Cali Doll:
I watched an episode (possibly a rerun, I dunno) of The Millionaire Matchmaker. The matchmaker had a guy, 5'8", interested in finding a girlfriend. He had a chance to watch the 'candidates' through a one way mirror when they were interviewed by the matchmaker. Most said 5'8" was too short for them. The guy commented that he never thought of himself as not being tall. I almost cracked a rib laughing.

And I do realize we have male posters here, too. To them I direct my apologies. I am sure there are many men who request that a woman have long hair - just our personal prefs.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
A quick comment for Cali Doll:
I watched an episode (possibly a rerun, I dunno) of The Millionaire Matchmaker. The matchmaker had a guy, 5'8", interested in finding a girlfriend. He had a chance to watch the 'candidates' through a one way mirror when they were interviewed by the matchmaker. Most said 5'8" was too short for them. The guy commented that he never thought of himself as not being tall. I almost cracked a rib laughing.

And I do realize we have male posters here, too. To them I direct my apologies. I am sure there are many men who request that a woman have long hair - just our personal prefs.

Hilarious!!! I wonder if he's been standing on his money.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #42  

Quote:

Jay
That's a great point. I've never really considered the two topics in the same way...I think because height is considered something that you can't help, but many people assume weight is your own doing (and it can be, but there's more to it than that at times). But that's really interesting and worth thinking about.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Hilarious!!! I wonder if he's been standing on his money.
LMAO
Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 212/180/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I understand feeling like a giant around some people. One of my best friends is 5'2 & I feel like I tower over her when we walk in places together. In fact I have gotten to the point that I wear flats around her since she usually wears heels that way I am only a couple inches taller.
hometowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

I'm fine with my height like 97% of the time. I like having the taller cupboards in my house all to myself, I like wearing longer skirts without being chopped off...and I like wearing heels. However, I have a sister who is like 4'10" and every time I hug her while wearing heels, I feel like an Amazon.

That being said, i think most people want what they don't have.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote