Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #1  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Default Starting over

So, I have officially lost 60 pounds which I am proud of. But on the other hand this lost has got me complacent in some ways.

the last couple weeks have me going into old behaviors- eating more and more each night, though they are different foods when I first started losing. But still I can see my old behaviors creeping up on me.

So I am writing down a list of behaviors I need to check in order to progress further. I also modified my ticker because I feel the look of it was deterring me from staying focused. Sounds stupid but everytime I logged in I kept thinking "wow, 60 pounds," instead of "I need to lose the final 30". Anywho... behaviors I need to check in this upcoming month:

-overeating at night (one dinner, one piece of fruit if I am still hungry afterwards)
-no takeout (I was really good about this for about a month/month and a half, but have been slipping thus the bad habits are harder to keep at bay)
- moderate drinking (I am going to Vegas in a couple weeks but I am still trying to stay on target even there)
-trying to get a bit of exercise each day.

I have been doing each off and on, but now I really need to buckle down and keep focused.

Anyways just needed to write this all out to get some perspective.

Last edited by SkinnyGina; 01-15-2010 at 10:24 AM.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat as you. I've lost about 70ish pounds but still need to lose 30 more. For me it's been almost a year since I was really losing! I've maintained my loss but really need to buckle down again to get the last bit off.

Sounds like you have a clear idea of what holds you up. That's great because you can focus on avoiding those temptation traps.

Good luck!
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #3  

I lost down close to my goal 2-3 years ago. When I got that far the same thing happened to me. I was working out like a banshee so here was the exact pattern that led to me putting it back on.

I would work out so much that days that I would "cheat" or eat a lot I wasn't supposed to I wouldn't gain anything. Then I might have 2-3 days of bad eating and not gain anything. This led my brain to think that I could eat what I wanted as long as I was working out.

Then I started skipping the gym every once in a while but still not eating as well. Then I would "forget" to weigh for a week, then skip a few more gym sessions. Then I would weigh and see I gained 5 lbs and think, well I guess I need to eat better and get back to the gym. But the problem was that I viewed eating right and exercise as only a means to lose weight, not a lifestyle to get to and achieve my goals.

An error I am hoping to correct this time around...
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Randomcards, that sounded like you were talking about me! Exactly my problem and what I'm trying to correct.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #5  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Random and Moto, that is my story as well. Everything I have been doing the last three four months has been a cycle of maintaining, over eating, eating healthy, maintaining, over eating, eating healthy...

Your so right Its about understanding the lifestyle and not thinking in terms of "diet" . Every goal of mine is around a holiday, vacation ect and attached to numbers. Well I still have to lose thirty so that works but what happens when I dont' have an upcoming event? Whoops there goes the motivation. I need to want to create my goals around being healthy and consistent and not wrapped around numbers. The weight should come off naturally once I have that concept mastered lol.

Last edited by SkinnyGina; 01-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote