Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #16  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
I have stretch marks on my inner thighs, they lighten when I'm not as fat one day. They're so ugly! Will a tan cover it up?
yeah i find tan does help....im a regular tan user so i guess i know there there and go out of my way to notice them but if ya dont use tan ull deff see a differance.
Ive ordered some rescue oil its meant 2 be good
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #17  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrthWurm View Post
Vitamin E works wonders on them! It helps them to heal and fade much faster. =) I just buy those Vitamin E gel caps at the store; poke them open with a needle and carefully squeeze and spread the liquid over your stretch marks. It can be a bit sticky and uncomfortable for a few minutes, but it works when all else has failed me. Lol.
thanks im gona try that x
Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #18  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilunikavi View Post
Lucky8, I just had to stop and tell you how much I sympathize. I'm going through the exact same thing, honestly, the first real body image issue of my life from these stupid bright red scars? I feel crazy for feeling so down about them. There are just six in total (3 on other side of my belly button) and they are just skin imperfections. I feel vain for caring as much as I do. I'm honestly jealous of the before pictures in internet weight loss ads that show a huge flawless stomach. At least those people have the opportunity to work toward a flat stomach they can one day be proud of. Sometimes I think it's unfair when I see shirtless men at the gym with huge beer bellies 5x my size and there's not a mark! This is not at all my normal mentality, at all, I'm more worked up about this than I have been about being overweight, and although I've been working on getting into a healthy mind set about it for a few months now (since they showed up) I have yet to get there, so I can't offer you much more than understanding.

I guess maybe it's because I'm 23 and I thought I could battle my way back from this recent weight gain, and get the body I had two years ago back - with enough hard work. It feels like there are so few things in life that are absolutely undoable, and I hate having to come up against something I can't work on or change at all. I feel guilty about letting myself go.

All we need to do is put things in perspective. They are marks, they will fade in time (please dont waste money on bio oil, I used it for months and it doesnt work at all), we could be so much worse off (my boyfriend tries to help me put things in perspective by pointing out that it's not a disability - it always shocks things into perspective, obviously), we look lovely now and losing weight will improve that and bring us greater health. These are things I try to tell myself. I wish you all the best, and please know that you aren't alone in feeling this way -don't add guilt about how you're reacting to the pile!
Thanks its nice to know im not the only one. i think if id started a family i wouldnt be so concious of them but because there there because of me ......its so strange how those lil red lines can make u feel
Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #19  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

No worries, I promise they will get better with time! As people said, moisturizers (esp with vitamins) can help a lot, but time will fade them from red to (for me) just a little lighter than my natural skin color. A fake tan would probably help more than a real one - the scar tissue of stretch marks tends to tan differently from the sun, but I bet would fade better with spray on. I promise it's worth it in the end!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Has anyone noticed new stretch marks with weight loss? Today I looked in the mirror & noticed my abdominal one's were getting white...but then I noticed that I had a new little "cluster" under my arm! It doesn't make sense. I know it may be tmi...but I was hoping someone had some insight for me. I am new to this sight & everyone has such good info.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I've had stretch marks disappear in the past. They were huge, bright red gauges at first, as if painted on with lipstick. Slowly they faded to pale silver, then nothing. Of course, now they've been replaced by a rippling sea of new marks. I look like a frickin' city streetmap. But I've grown used to it.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I gotten used to the ones I have & yes like you say it is like a road map....but I saw this new cluster and was like rawr. I was looking on Google after I made this post & it says that they come from rapid gain & loss so....since I have been losing I guess it could be a good thing. I'm going to not try to worry about it b/c I have bigger things to worry about like staying OP
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

I found the perfect remedy for stretch marks; The body shop, body focus stretch mark improver. Seriously i had tried everything, bio oil ,palmers cocoa butter formula but nothing worked like this. As long as you put it on religiously every day, i saw results in just a few days.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

oh my god!! this is one of my biggest problems, my stomach is covered in stretch marks... thick deep ones.. They were originally bright red but have generally started to fade away. But I'm worried that because they're so thick, they're going to be visible forever. However I bought this Palmers Strech Mark Tummy Butter.. it's ridiculously thick and waxy but since I've been using it they really have faded faster and it even feels like the 'craters' are being filled, I mean you can still feel the newer stretch marks but it slowly seems to be healing.
Like everyone else I really hope they bring out a proper cure, because the thought of never being able to wear a bikini stresses me out!!

xxx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #25  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm covered in stretch marks. I've got them on my inner upper arms, my inner thighs, my stomach right below my belly button, my back, and even my breasts. I don't even have the innocent explanation of pregnancy. They're all from me gaining weight so fast that my skin couldn't cope.

The ones on my inner upper arms and thighs have faded quite a bit, because I've had them the longest. They're not red anymore, but rather a pale white. The ones on my stomach below my belly button are the worst. They're huge (some are half an inch or more thick) and red. Thankfully they're in a place I wouldn't display to the general public, but I still hate them and hope they fade as I continue to lose weight. They're definitely smaller than when I started my weight loss journey, but nothing will make them go away altogether.

Time and weight loss will definitely help your stretch marks. I don't know about any other "cures", because I've never tried anything, but it looks like some people here have some good ideas!
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote