Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #31  

way to go Byrd !!

that's wonderful news !!!

upandaway, haven't you ever heard that you can do anything you put your mind to doing?

you can do it.. I have faith in ya'..
Old 08-12-2002, 08:29 AM   #32  
One Day At A Time

Smile

upandaway....here's another "chick" that has faith in you!!!!!!!!! You can do it; just set your mind to it

Old 08-12-2002, 09:27 AM   #33  

Such impressive losses! This week and totals so far. I'm going to have to hustle to post a loss on Wed. Was doing ok but celebrated a 2nd birthday for dgd yesterday. While I ate WAY less than I would have a year or so ago, it was (shame/sob) more than it whould have been. But I have two days (and they will be two days that include exercise) and I hope to make it down even if only .2 #.

Love the FLEXIBLE attitude, which I share, and the knowledge that there will be ups and downs. When I see the FIVE lbs dancing, it makes me want to DANCE the five away.

POWER OF FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:15 AM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

I posted this on the 21-day challenge thread also, so I can keep rereading it everywhere: My challenge to myself today is to stay within 1800-2000 calories (my best range for health). Lest anyone find themselves upset because they overate, let me declare I ate 4,000 calories yesterday, according to my computer journal! (I was stressed!) I'm not overly concerned about that, but need to get sanity back in my eating so I can meet my FIVE POUND CHALLENGE that remains in force. I AM MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER! I already walked 40 minutes with walking poles.

Woo-hoo! Everyone has such energy on this board (even those FIVE DANCING POUNDS are smiling because they know they'll soon be MOVING TO A NICE NEW HOME ... somewhere else! Anagram, don't feel like the Lone Ranger about the birthday bash ... please see above!!! You couldn't have topped my caloric day! Upandaway, I third Byrd and Gtera, YOU CAN DO IT! No question. My brother said to me to that I would accomplish my goals today because I am two electrons floating through a semi-conductor. I wasn't sure exactly what that meant but it sounds good, so I know you are two electrons, too. Heck, we are ALL two electrons to the POWER OF FIVE!!!

BYRD HAS LOST ONE POUND OF THE FIVE POUND CHALLENGE which is part of AN OVERALL FIVE POUND LOSS FOR HER TOTAL WEEK. THIS IS OUTSTANDING WORK, BYRD!!! You deserve a round of applause and a party!

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, UP .5

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 19, DOWN 1

GTERA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 30, DOWN 3.2

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-POINT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-12-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Post The Power of Five

Thought it'd be a good idea for the list to be in a separate post. Feel free to update as it pleaseth all of thou!

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-POINT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

Old 08-12-2002, 11:39 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I'd like to join the challenge. I pledge to lose 5 lbs by Sept 1.
Steph
Old 08-12-2002, 12:43 PM   #37  

Default Monday weigh in...

Hi everyone. First I just want to mention that I don't usually get a chance to post on the weekends, so please don't think I've disappeared. I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!

Okay, the good news is that I'm down one pound today....the not-so-good news is that I did absolutely NOTHING to earn that so I don't feel completely confident about it. HOWEVER, I will earn it this week - plus one - and next Monday I will deserve what the scale says, which will be down another pound.

Amarantha, your attitude ROCKS!!! I love it! Those 5.5 pounds are in a heap of trouble. Adios to them I say .

Tera, WOOHOO on your 3.2. You go girl.

Karena, you're a fellow Monday weigher....I'll be awaiting your wonderful results.

Byrd, way to go on your total loss and on the current challenge loss!

Upandaway, don't let setting a goal date become an obstacle. This is your personal goal and if you need to bump the date, so be it. The important thing is that you're headed in the right direction.

Anagram, good luck on the wednesday weigh-in.

Steph, welcome, welcome, and good luck

Okay, this is the beginning of a great week for all of us. I was at the gym this a.m. by 5:30 so I'm all energized and ready to rock & roll
Old 08-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone!

I figured I'd jump on the band wagon
I'd love to lose 5 lbs.
I've set a goal of 8/28, my wedding anniversary.
I might not succeed, but I'll try my best.
That's in about 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Sarah
Old 08-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #39  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!

Wow, I'm not online on the weekends - we exploded!!!! It's SO wonderful to see you all; Byrd, Jusdoit, anagram, gtera, upandaway (HI!), bobsgal and sarahbella!

I'm happy to say I'm down 1 pound this week! (that's my one pound dancing its' way offa' my butt).

So, 1 down, 4.5 to go!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 08-12-2002 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #40  

Congrats Terri!
That's wonderful!
Keep it up

How long have you been on program?
Old 08-12-2002, 04:12 PM   #41  
Is it Friday yet?

Well, *this* time, I've been mostly on program since late January. I say "mostly" because I've been hovering around the same weight since April. My own fault though... at least now I can say I know maintentance!!
So, this last week has been a rededication week - so far so good!

Terri
Old 08-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #42  

Thanks wonderful!
I know what you mean about maintaining!
I joined back up last May just 2 weeks after having my daughter...and I've just lost 9 lbs since then!

I weighed in at 198.5 at my highest pregnancy weight.
I weighed in at WW at 175.75 2 weeks after.

I've really been struggling...but after much thought, decided enough is enough, I'm worth this...and I'm going to do this!
I did it twice before.....third times a charm

I'm a LTM...it's about time I started acting like one

Hugs,
Sarah
Old 08-12-2002, 05:42 PM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Welcome to Bobsgal and Sarahbella, new members of the POWER OF FIVE!!!! Welcome to all previous members also!!! Congrats on the losses, you guys are awesome and made my day ... if only I didn't have to go back to work in a sec!! Here's an updated list. Please correct if I got it wrong:

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 1

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-POINT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 1

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28

Old 08-13-2002, 12:46 AM   #44  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 241/237/160

I'm a little disappointed. Weighed in this AM with a one pound loss. I did eat 2400 calories at the reunion but I took two brisk walks for a total of 2 hours 15 minutues and 7.5 miles! Not fair That should have wiped off the extra goodies on Sunday. Oh well. I'll take the pound.

So Jusdoit-we're tied

Amarantha, wow 4000 calories is alot of stress!! I'm sure you'll get things under control. Sometimes work just sucks (IMO anyways)!

Gtera-I admire your discipline - betcha wouldn't have let that nasty reunion get the best of you! PS I've also always ferociously guarded my evenings - my baby's six now and staying up later, so my evenings have gone more into the wee hours.

Congrats to everyone. You go girls!!!

One pound down, four to go...
Old 08-13-2002, 07:52 AM   #45  
One Day At A Time

Smile

KARENA...don't let a one pound loss get you down!!! If you're anything like me, those other pounds will disappear during the week. And at least it's a pound DOWN instead of a pound UP

jusdoit.......WOW, you're the only person I've ever heard say they're not all that excited about a weight loss because they don't feel they deserve it. YES YOU DO!!!! Whether you did anything to earn it (weightloss-wise or not, you deserve it)

Sarahbella...I would hate to tell you the story of my weight after having my son 2 yrs ago (but I will LOL). I gained 50 pounds with him and didn't even lose any after he was born???? Now how did that happen???? Anyway, he's now 2 & I've only been working on this since March (with most of the summer off) & I'm still about 15 pounds above beginning preg. weight. However, I had lost 30 pounds before becoming preg. I've always been a yo-yo-er. One day I hope not to be!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you in getting your weight off & keeping it off.

Way to go Punkinseed, on losing that pound!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome bobsgal, & good luck to you!!!

Amarantha, gtera, upandaway, anagram, babette, marusha & rycherbabe hope things are going well for all of you

Here's to our fat pounds dancing away as we speak!!!

Closed Thread