Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 10:38 AM   #91  
Is it Friday yet?

Yes, as the wise Empress Amarantha just stated we're probably going to be down for a bit...

Have an awsome weekend everyone and I'll "see" you all next week. Today will be spent doing minimal work and reading my back issues of People magazine.

Guinever - That is AWSOME!!!! I almost flaked on my Mom last night. We were supposed to walk at 7:30pm, but I fell asleep in my chair (after dinner of course) around 5:30 and really didn't think I was going to make it - I didn't WANT to make it, I wanted to crawl into bed and call it a day. But, I forced my sleepy eyelids open, took a walk around my house noting all the repairs that need to be done for my 1 yr. warranty check up and at 7:30 we walked!
Yea Guinever, Terri, Terri's Mom and everyone else who ever thought "I'm not gonna" then did it ANYWAY!!!

Happy Friday!

Terri
Old 08-16-2002, 12:47 PM   #92  

Great observation Amarantha - SIX (now 7) PAGES OF POSITIVE POWER!!! We are sooo cool .

Guinever, that truly is an awesome feat! We've all been there and not been able to get our tootsies out the door. What an accomplishment when you actually do it - GREAT JOB .

Terri, same goes for you - GREAT JOB getting your walk in. Especially at that time of night. I would have been stuck to the couch . Enjoy your well-deserved "minimal work" day!

Welp, I've got my work cut out for me this weekend as weigh-in is Monday. It's time for an ENDORPHIN FEST

Have an excellent weekend everyone .
Old 08-16-2002, 05:01 PM   #93  

Default 3 LBS GONE

Hi Everyone!

It's exciting to see how many participate in this community. I actually started my weight loss journey on July 22. So far I have lost 5 lbs and I'm going strong!

Now, I am working on my next 5 lbs by 9/1. My trick is to not focus on weight loss at all! I focus on revising my eating habits and adding excercise to my routine. The latter is the more difficult.

Stay posted!
Old 08-16-2002, 08:40 PM   #94  
One Day At A Time

Talking

sweetmom, sounds like you're doing great!!!!!! Keep up the good work

Well, I believe everyone is set for the w/e. I can tell you now that I know I'm not going to meet my goal by Monday......the scale hasn't moved ANY this week (remember I peek every day ) That's OK though because Monday is sort of an exciting day for me in other ways.......I'm starting a new school for my LAST year (finally) of school. I'm 31 yo, divorced, w/2 children & am finally going to have my Elem. Ed. (K-8) degree in MAY I should have had it many years ago, but quit when I got married; yet I finally went back to school for it when I got divorced. Can you tell I'm excited that I'm almost there?????

Have a great w/e everyone!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #95  
Empress/Queen

Welcome Sweetmom!!! I'm so glad you are joining us! I'll add your name to the list tomorrow unless the forum goes down (or you can by cutting and pasting) ... have to lie down actually ... not to be unpositive after I just said how positive we are, but I feel somewhat unwell right now ... really need to sleep for a long time. Not hungry anyway!

Byrd: I'm so glad for you on the educational front. I got my bachelor's degree at a very "adult" age while working full time as an editor ... took nine years. Now I'm going backwards and getting an associate of applied science in chemical dependency counseling, although that's not necessarily what I'm going to do when I change careers (hopefully) ... it was just the most feasible program accessible to me.

Later, guys! If I missed any new people, I'll be back (best Arnold voice).
Old 08-18-2002, 05:12 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies. I lost 1 lb this week so that's 4 more by Sept 1. Yea me!
Steph
Old 08-18-2002, 05:19 PM   #97  
wsw

hi everyone!

i hope it's o.k. if i join in. i lose weight very slowwwwwly, so normally i wouldn't even be brave enough to do this, but i need a little push, so here goes:

my goal for 5 more lbs.: sept. 18.

thanks for letting me sneak in. i hope you're all having a good weekend. take care. all the best.

wsw
Old 08-18-2002, 06:29 PM   #98  
One Day At A Time

Thumbs down

WOW, bobsgal, I'm impressed!!!!!!!! Way to go

Welcome wsw....good to have you on board

Amarantha, during the years I also recieved an A.S. degree in Management Technology/Legal Assistant, but where I live it's practically useless. Also, working for lawyers wore thin (if you know what I mean) I've just always wanted to work with children & I'm finally going to do it.

Hope everyone has had a terrific w/i & I'll be posting my wonderful weight tomorrow (& my new target date).
Old 08-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #99  
Opera Diva

Way to go bobsgal! Keep it up, 4 pounds sounds like so much less than 5, doesn't it? I guess it's like the whole $39.99 vs. $40 trick - but it'll get your mind set up to lose.

As for me, I finally broke my stupid weight platue and I'm down 1 pound! I thought I wasn't going to make my deadline, but my normal routine is hitting those 5 pound levels (165, 160, etc..) and staying there for days until all of a sudden it breaks and the rest of those 5 melt off fast.

So how do you guys get through platues without getting discouraged? Do you have any tricks for breaking them?

Good luck all!

Guinever
Old 08-18-2002, 10:29 PM   #100  
Empress/Queen

Default Yipes! :)

Here we are on the new server but we have so many pages I can't get to the list to cut and paste! My printer is too slow to print the thread. It won't let me click on review the whole thread either. Anyhow, I'm going to figure this out and post a new thread, if no one minds!!! Welcome to all you new folks ... wow, so much great spirit ... Signed, Elbertine Pep

P.S. Emp. Amarantha's challenge hath suffered a reversal and she hath GAINED another half pound. She is NOT giving up, though. I have reminded her that she is at the last week of a six-week initiative she started the week she first posted about the spa and daily challenges and that at that time she weighed TWO pounds more than she weighed in today. She is a slow loser and hath suffered many reversals (binges) in the past six weeks but feels pleased overall with the good habits she is building and knows she will lose the five pounds by her challenge date (and if not she'll change the date)!

The new thread cometh! Soon! Posteth there if you so desireth!

Old 08-19-2002, 09:17 AM   #101  

Hi Ladies,
Well I didn't manage to get my big walk in with my daughter because I have been so tired after going back to work this week which was a big challenge for me. so when we walked the dog and everyone else shot baskets (I can't do that again yet) I decided to walk around the infield of the ball diamond and I did that about 15 times at a leisurely pace. The next night I did it again but I really picked up the pace and went about 25 times around. so last night we walked around the whole school field twice. so I'm getting there.
I don't think Im going to do well this week at weigh in we went out to eat at Montanna's on Fri and I wasn't very good I had ribs wings soup garlic bread and Mile high mud pie, I haven't done anything like that since I started my diet in Feb. but oh well I got back on the band wagon the next day. Well I have to run I have to get ready for work. I let you know how I do after weigh in tomorrow night.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:04 PM   #102  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Dollar! Hey, you are doing GREAT ... you made a super save there on the infield by getting your walk in and that determination is a mark of how good you ARE going to do this week, even if you have a bad day, the overall changes you are making will mark you for success!!!

Hope it's ok, but I'm pasting your post into the new thread (we were getting kinda long here). Don't forget to come back and post there tomorrow. Don't worry which direction the scale's going ... as you can read in the other thread, I went up this week and I'M MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER!!! GOTTA RUN!!! See you on the new thread!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:23 PM   #103  

OK, now I'm really psyched! I weighed in on Saturday and found that I lost another 3 lbs. That's 8 total! I definitely think I'm going to make my goal of 2 more pounds by 9/1.

I found that by planning ahead, I can (usually) stay within my calorie goal of 1100-1200 per day. To do this, I created a spreadsheet that lists my favorite foods and their calories. With this quick reference, I can post a menu for the week that includes all meals & snacks. Not only has this helped with food consumption, but also with shopping and communication within the family.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:37 PM   #104  
Empress/Queen

Sweetmom: Hooray! You are doing wonderfully. I will post your message and your roster update on the new thread!

TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM OF FIVE POUNDS DOWN: PLEASE DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD, POST ON THE FIVE POUND CHALLENGE #2 THREAD INSTEAD ... Be there or be square! Woo-hoo to all!

:cb]
Closed Thread