Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 07:34 PM   #76  

Smile Thursday

I don't know much about Laughing Cow- I'll do a google search and report back- I do enjoy the wedges and hope to try my "melt" experiment this weekend.

Big Brother is a reality tv show on CBS. I went into detail on the 5lb thread- I know they have a 24hr website of the Big Brother house on the website- You might want to take a look. It comes on tonight again, I think 8EST but check me on the time.

I found my last WW's materials with my weight loss records. I am only 2-3 lbs away from my lowest before I stopped going. I am excited. Took a detour but am almost back to exactly the same place.

This is so typical of my life-- I have decided to add an additional activity to keep the muscles guessing. I've decided I am going to learn how to swim and get past a fear of the water. Lots of good things about swimming, etc, etc. Well, you know what's in the stores now don't you?? SWEATERS!!!! I wonder if I trek up to Marshalls if they would still have some suits- I know I'll need an assortment of sizes too-- What am I thinking of!!! but, my DH needs another activity too and he is especially in need of something low impact. So, now I am in need of suits for the two of us--

Be careful out there!!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:15 AM   #77  
deleted2

I love it when we share our recipes or meal ideas here--it's always enlightening to get a glimpse into each others kitchens! Kaylets, I love the recipe for the chili--it's similar to one I make. And Amarantha, I love hearing about your breakfast muffin--that sounds really good. Speaking of which, I just saw a recipe somewhere that uses amaranth in a cornbread recipe, I'll have to try that.

Going into Day 9 of my moon challenge! It feels good to get this far. Only thing is for some reason I'm still feeling resistance to drinking all my water--don't know what's going on there. Today I plan on just chugging them back, ticking them off in my food diary as I go.

By the way, I love those 'Laughing Cow' cheese wedges, great for portion control and satisfies the craving for creamy/cheesy. Sometimes I have an emergency lunch of one wedge, 2 ryecrisps and fruit.

Old 08-30-2002, 10:14 AM   #78  
Is it Friday yet?

Finally Friday!

I do hereby decree that you all MUST enjoyeth this, my royal day, bequetheth to me by HRH Emp. Amarantha....

I'm probably off early today since aparently I'm the only one working past noon. Tomarrow I have dinner with some friends at their house and Sunday is the Rim Rock Festival - this year we're celebrating our ranch's 30th birthday... Monday, I will be an amoeba on the couch.

Kaylets - Tillamook is a coastal town in Oregon - famous for it's cheese and ice cream. Really, really good stuff!
For my cooking, I have 2 large pots and to avoid scorching you just have to simmer for a loooong time and not rush things. Then I wash the pot and start over! I guess I should defrost another container soon so I have more empty ones when I start late next month.

Eydie and Amarantha

Punkin o' Friday
Old 08-31-2002, 01:25 AM   #79  
Empress/Queen

Hail, Royal people! Amarantha is posting up a storm this weekend ... she avoideth work! Likely she will not make her Block Challenge of 1799 or less average calories for the week, but it will be close so she's calling it good! She refuseth to go lower than is comfortable. Exercise will be no problem.

Eydie: I like to share menus, too! This weekend I'm going to post all my menus as a foodwatch on Kaylets' long weekend challenge ... even though I don't really eat very healthfully ... being more concerned right now just with calorie control and exercise. Let us know how the amaranth recipe comes out. It is a very healthful grain; I think it'd be a natural with corn.

Congratulations on Day 9 of your Moon Challenge! I've been having trouble with water, too, strange when you consider we're still in triple digits. I've been drinking a lot of diluted Crystal Lite. My eventual goal, though, is to dump artificial sweeteners.

Speaking of which, someone posted here or on the other thread asking if the DaVinci SF in water is really satisfying and I do find it helps fill that craving I constantly have for sweet dairy based liquids. I don't use a lot of the syrup, just a drop. It's good, noncaloric and hydrating.

Punkin o' Friday: Don't think you'll see this 'til next week but have a great festival and ranch birthday. Your descriptions make me wish I'd taken that job in Oregon.

Well, I must make Old Dog get off the couch so I can get on!
Old 08-31-2002, 01:32 AM   #80  
Empress/Queen

Kaylets: Did you buy a swimsuit? We have lots of 'em down here ... they sell them all year! You are doing great and are so close to your detour weight ... the journey always has detours, so we should never give up because we can always reverse our steps!!!

Really getting off soapbox now and lying down!!!

Old 08-31-2002, 08:03 PM   #81  

Smile Sat evening begineth

Hello all!!

Eydie, I am amazed that you are so focused to stay OT. I'm afraid I'd be still celebrating if I had the same experience you did w/ your cancer scare. I always loved that expression "Life is short, eat dessert first".

Punkinseed, do you have any slow cooker recipes?? I bought DH a big electric roaster a while back that is also a BIG slow cooker- wonder if that would work for big batches of chili or soup.

Q Aramantha- believe it or not, we went to an auction this am and on the way back, we stopped at a favorite Goodwill. Did I mention DH has lost 50lbs? He plans on losing more so we are looking to get thru the next couple sizes as inexpensively as possible. Anyway, I found a suit that appears to be never worn nor washed. It's a little snug but considering I only paid .99 !!!!
But thanks for asking!!

Time to move the laundry around and start the dishwasher again too!!

Isnt Big Brother on tonight?
Old 09-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #82  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Royal People ... Amarantha is too lazy to type this again, so here's what Elbertine Pep put on the 5-pound thread re Amarantha's block challenge:

"Amarantha's calories yesterday were 1780, exercise 60 minutes, her overall average calories for the week (the first of the 21-day challenge) were 1934, which is over her challenge of being in the 1700s, but not by much and only because of one high day, SO, she's declaring an exemption and calling it the first seven days of her block/initiative."

She intendeth with the help of the occasional exemption to get through 21 days. Weigh-in is later!

Babette, are you out there? How are you doing on your challenges? How is work? Pls say !!! Here's a banana!
Old 09-01-2002, 12:33 PM   #83  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Ok, I like bananas!

Emperess A, you can ALWAYS find a way to flush me out! I was just doing a speed-lurk (yup, over deadline for End O' Month workathon ). I'm doing okay, although not as focused as could be. Just got back from a 3 day hiking trip yesterday, so I've burned a lot of calories lately anyway.

I really need to be working, but I WILL finish this up today and will come in and write a real post tomorrow (and hopefully not lose it like last time )

Thanks for calling me!

Love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-01-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:12 PM   #84  

Default Sunday

Here I am, just typing away- talking to Babette on the wrong thread!! Hee hee-- Guess I really do need to go and take a nap!!
Old 09-02-2002, 01:15 PM   #85  
Empress/Queen

At six pages, I always have trouble typing on the forum! So, just to say, hello Babette, and I replied to you on the 5-pound challenge and Kaylets, too, who HATH MET HER FIVE-POUND CHALLENGE and I'm so pleased to make tthat announcement!!! Got to go! Might hike! Might shop! Might sleep!
Old 09-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #86  

Wink Ahhhhhh....C'mon, all you sexxxxxy Blockettes....

Honey, you KNOW what I'm here for.... Oh, you sweeeeeet 'n sexxxy Blockettes -- C'mon over to Thread #8... It's safe --- And SEXY!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh Baybeee!
Closed Thread