Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:35 AM   #46  
Is it Friday yet?

Yes, thank you Kaylets, your post really made me think.

Sept. 11th was 3 weeks before escrow closed on my first new home. There was part of me that wanted to call it all off and not move (buy a home when we're going to war??? are you cRaZy????) - I'm glad I didn't. I learned that in most middle east countries a female can not buy property and they're not allowed to live alone. In my doing so I embraced being American and the freedom that comes with it.

Today I'm going to go back and think about all the things I said I was going to do differently or start doing. Write them down and rededicate myself to my health, my friends and family and my spirituality.

Terri
Old 08-21-2002, 07:55 PM   #47  
Hot Stuff

Just a quick note:

Anne Rice writes as A. N. Roquelaure in the erotic series "Beauty". Cinderella is close. Unless she has a new trilogy?
Old 08-21-2002, 08:35 PM   #48  

Smile Wed Evening

Yes, you're right, I was told it was Sleeping Beauty because I immeadiately thought " no wonder she was sleeping " thinking of A Rice's other subject matter - vampires. I just pulled a couple reviews up on Google so I'd at least have a running start at knowing what I was talking about--Interesting- the young lady who told me is only on book 2 and perhaps will change her opinion when she finishes, but she is getting an entirely different message. But she's very young and I don't think I would've understood at her age either.

I can't remember which thread asked me how much we were paying for the Bland Farms dressing compared to what the web site prices were. Went to BJ's tonight and checked, 32 oz bottle for $2.99. Rang up that price at the register too.

Coincidence with my post last night?Did anyone see Dateline last night? Interviews with three widows whose husbands who tried to take the plane back in PA. All of them have young children they must be brave all day for- one said that the hardest time was night when the kids were asleep-
then she was totally alone -One even promised her husband when he called her from the plane " to be happy and live a good life". I hope I would be 1/2 as strong as each of those ladies.

I'll end on that note, seem like my posts just go on and on lately.

But- one last thought- Babette, Eydie, Wildfire, Upandaway, sorry if I don't list everybody-- A short quick post is just as nice!!

Be careful out there!!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:48 PM   #49  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets....ummm...how young is very young? They are adult erotica, not something I'd want my daughter to read, and she's 15. I wouldn't want a young girl (or boy) to read them without already having a positive reinforcement of what sexuality and relationships are/can be all about. Of course, if you try to tell her not to read them, then it brings up all sorts of implied rights and wrongs...and I don't imagine her parents know she is reading them, and if they do, they certainly haven't read them....gee...round and round the circle we go...

I'm having a miserable day (week), so please excuse my totally off-topic reply without addressing everyone.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:28 PM   #50  

Smile still Wednesday

not to worry, she works with me, must be at least 21 might be 23--
Hee, hee, I guess its gives you a clue on perspective!! From where I'm looking 21, 22 is young!
As I write this, the other thing that occurs to me, with so much open sexuality in ads, fashion, televison, etc, perhaps the younger generation, is almost blase ? What really got her attention was how cruel people were treated.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:09 AM   #51  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, if she's in her 20's I suppose she has a say in what she reads or not, huh? I was afraid you were talking about a 12-13 year old girl. I remember reading Stephen King, Robin Cook's "Coma", and other horror books as early as grade six, much to my mother's dismay. I was afraid with the popularity of the Vampire Chronicles that some young fan of Anne Rice discovered one of her other series!

Back to weight loss....I weighed in last night and was up 1.4lbs since I weighed in two weeks ago. I've been playing with the same 2lbs or so for four weeks now! Enough is enough. My journal is started for the day, and I am going to have a completely OP day! I think I'm going to start a writing journal too. I'm home from work today....talk about needing a mental health day...I think I'm on the verge of losing my mind.

So, I'm back on the block! Day One!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:20 PM   #52  
deleted2

Tonight is the full moon! I'm challenging myself to go an entire "moon" to get myself back on track. Things are really off-balance for me and I'm not even taking in my regular 10 glasses of water daily. I may even post my food journal here from time to time--just to be accountable.

Anybody else want to MOON with me?

Old 08-22-2002, 01:31 PM   #53  
Is it Friday yet?

I feel like I've won the LOTTERY!!!!
Ok, remember when I told you all that I paid some guy $500 to trim a couple trees on my property? Ok, well this other guy comes by yesterday saying he's with a government funded group (Heart of Oregon Corps and Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers) and they're trimming back the trees by the sides of the roads (creating fire blocks) and needed to clear it with all the property owners. I said sure, of course - he said they'd also take care of trees on our property if we'd like. I asked if he was kidding because I just paid Mr. Tree Dude $500 to trim 2 little trees. I asked if he could just chop up 3 downed trees and he said sure. Well, today he comes by and says almost ALL the trees on my property needed trimming I told him I knew, but I'd just moved last winter and haven't had the chance, he said, "we'll take care of you, we don't want your house to burn down". I was in shock! I asked if he was serious and he just said "we'll take care of it". So, right now, I have a van of 10 kids, ages 14-18, with chainsaws, running around my 5 acres trimming ALL my trees for fire safety!!!! Besides saving me hundreds of dollars, they've just saved a few of my weekends! I plan on finding SOME way of donating to them. I'm so grateful....

Wildfire - I'm sorry you're having such a bad day! I wish I could give you some of my good mood!

Kaylets - I haven't read any in the Beauty series, but I've heard there's a lot about bondage and S&M. One of these days I might read 'em...
In regards to the wives of 9/11, did you hear about the pilots wives? They're suing the airlines because their deceased husband's last paycheck was docked because the pilots didn't "finish their flight". Isn't that incredible??? Very sad...

Eydie - I'll moon with ya!!!!! Thank you for reminding me! Tonight I'm going to set up my new altar (moving out of my room).

Gonna' run for now!
Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 08-22-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:17 PM   #54  
Empress/Queen

P.S. Kaylets, the DaVinci SF vanilla is wonderful in a glass of skim milk ... I've had two, shaken with ice! Move over slimfast.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:26 PM   #55  

Smile Its almost FRIDAY!!

ITS ALMOST THE WEEKEND!!!

I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm so glad.... (that's all I remember of that song) but if you didnt notice- I'm happy that the weekend is here.

Have two events Saturday, back to back to go to. Shower for a woman at my new job. Its a chance to get to socialize with this new group. Both events are potluck- I am bringing a fruittray w/yogurt dip to the shower and a big green salad w/ chickpeas to the party afterwards. Which ironically, is a Reunion of people from the old job. I plan on carrying lots of water too so I am not at a loss. The first group has two other weightwatchers so I know there will be more than my fruit that's safe, and the 2nd group is sure to have more than just burgers and hotdogs.
DH and I rarely go out, its funny we have two events back to back.

Yes, lets set a challenge for month from now. What shall it be?

DH is very very excited. We started WW online in May. Naturally, he is losing 2-3x as fast as I am- This morning he was 50lb lighter.
He's been able to eliminate two diabetes meds and is hoping 2 more meds in time.

hang in there all!! even if its been an crummy week, its almost over!!!

Here's a tranquil scene that is sure to calm you.

Imagine yourself at the edge of a beautiful lake. You can hear birds singing. You can feel a soft breeze on your face. Its just wonderful to be here at the edge of the water, as you are holding your annoying (fill in the blank please ) 's head under the water!!!

Meant to be funny - please don't be upset if you don't think its funny--

Be careful out there
Old 08-22-2002, 11:20 PM   #56  

Default Thank God it's (nearly) Friday

Hello everyone! Well if I make it through tomorrow I'll have survived my first week of teaching. The lady I replaced had a reputation as a negative person, couldn't get along with people. But the kids obviously loved her because they ask for her all the time. Today I was halfway through a story when they asked if they could leave now! Talk about giving me a complex! I'm sure we'll get used to each other, it's takes time to settle in to new routines and new people.

On the food front, well, let's just say it's showing on my front, my behind, my sides...pretty much everywhere! I don't know what's worse the new-job stress for me or the new-school stress for my middle schooler who happens to be my baby. I don't think I've managed to leave them off at school at day this week without getting weepy on the way out of the parking lot. I know he hates it, he's scared, he gets knocked around by bigger kids. For the first time he's on his own, I can't 'fix' it if for him. I know it's time, I know we both have to get through it, but man, it hurts.

I'm recommitting today, tonight, this very hour to being kind to myself once again, to do the best I can, forgive myself for lost/wasted time and move ahead. I'm not even going to weigh to give myself a starting point. My clothes look like crap on me and they're all two sizes bigger than I want them to be--enough said.

I'm so glad to see everyone doing so well. Amarantha I've been using the syrups in my coffee for months, never thought to mention the dulce de leche, or try either! Punkin, congrats on the tree-trimming blessing, what a relief.

My thoughts are with everyone, sorry I can't address everyone tonight. I'll get caught up and be around more in the future. That's a promise to myself! You guys are the best.

upandaway
Old 08-23-2002, 04:27 PM   #57  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to tell everyone to have an awsome weekend and hope it's a good de-stresser for everybody.

I'm going to bake some zucchini bread, move my altar into my front room and do some crocheting. My back's still not quite "right" and it's supposed to be a rainy weekend.... So, I shall spend it at the Spa with my new coconut bubble bath.

Have a great weekend!

Terri
Old 08-23-2002, 09:19 PM   #58  

Smile Friday pm

Upandaway-- was wondering if you have more flavors available than the SF Vanilla and SF Hazelnut? Are they Davinci?
sounds like you are being a really good mom-- I wouldnt be suprised if you find out he's doing just fine and that its harder on you than him--

I didnt get on the scale for nearly a month after I "recommitted" because I was not prepared to see the number. As long as we reocommit, that's the important part.

anyone have the Fruit dip for yogurt handy? I need to make it tomorrow and am at a loss..

Thanks
Old 08-24-2002, 06:21 AM   #59  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

OH GAD! I just lost my entire post - with messages for all, and telling you how I've been doing. I stupidly went to another page without thinking and when I went back it was gone
Short form: yogurt dip recipe
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe/view?id=5457
I'm doing ok (but have to work like a dog for the next five days), and recommit myself to the basics I've restated ad nauseum.

Love to all!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:31 AM   #60  

Default Thanks Babette!!

Thanks!!

Its raining!! First rain in 28 days -- !!

I guess all the yardsales are cancelled now -- leaves even more time to get ready for my Big "social engagements" this afternoon and evening.
Closed Thread