Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 07:11 AM   #1  
Andrew

Default Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Good Morning...
I missed posting yesterday so I'll say my hellos today.

Lori-I love chili but I'm the only one that will eat it so I never make it. Sounds like you had a good time with your family and friends. I love getting together like that.

Laura-Andrew's team won by 2 ponts. It was a great game. I want to start painting rooms in my house. I've been watching Trading Spaces on TLC and I have lots of great ideas I want to try. I love that show.

Belle-I heard "The Good Girl" wasn't all that great. I haven't been to the theater to see a movie in a long time. I did rent "Signs" about a month ago. That was great, really scary.

KT-I see you watch Trading Spaces too. Doesn't it make you want to decorate a room? Hope your WI goes OK.

Ali-Hope your BF is getting through OK. I was 20 when I lost my Dad to cancer, he was 47. I t takes a while to sink in. I still miss him.

Rina-But you ARE being positive-you are going to a meeting. Don't beat yourself up. I screw up on my points at least once a week but I am getting better and better at getting back on track. My WI is tomorrow night. I'm hoping to hit my 20 lb mark, then I'll feel like I've really accomplished something.

Well it look like the US will be going to war today. What are all of your thoughts on that? I'm kind of in denial-I don't even like to think about it. It truly scares me. I'm not as worried about getting bombed as I am about the economy. I just filled up my gas tank yesterday at $1.70 a gallon. And the price of fuel oil is $1.89. We are struggling financially as it is, and it is getting harder to make ends meet. And here I am talking about going to Florida next year . The prices are going up but our paychecks aren't. We'll just have to get through it. I feel bad for the innocent people in Iraq that have families like me. They must be really scared. They should have taken the money they spent on this war and just hired a hitman to kill Saddam Hussein.

Talk to you later!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

Robin - Despite a looming war and a tight budget at home, you should be dreaming about a family trip to FL next year. How terrible of us to give up dreaming about our futures when so many young men and women will give up their futures for our dreams.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who spends a lot of time daydreaming about home decorating projects. I lucked out though - CB admits that he wants my house to be a comfortable home for us so he's been very good about offering up his opinions on my plans and helpful in making them happen.

Spent some time last night thinking about my continuing weight gain (now up 15lbs from my "low" last spring) and why I can't seem to bring it under control. I'm wondering if my expectations of myself aren't too high. When I was losing, I was VERY VERY strict - I was POP without a single slip for 4.5 months - I didn't eat a single meal that I hadn't prepared myself and I NEVER ate more than my alloted points - no banked, no activity, etc. I'm one of those people who likes policies, procedures, rules, checking all the boxes, filling in all the blanks....I tend to look as the WW outline as rules - things that must be followed or else (or else what? the WW police come get me?) instead of as a guidline to build habits around. Because I have this "rules" attitude and because I was so strict at first, I feel as though being OP means deprivation (even though that is not the WW intention) and that thought alone is enough to send me into a tailspin. I'm always advocating baby steps for getting OP to everyone else, I used baby steps to get back into a work-out regime, I need to give myself permission to use babysteps to get back OP and to recognize that a goal of a moderately healthy lifestyle is acceptable and that I don't have to be the WW **** to acheive it.

So my goal for the rest of this week is to drink a minimum of 64 oz of water each day. That's it. No other goals. Just drinking my water.

Also, as Robin mentioned to Rina, I need to focus less on what I'm doing wrong and more on what I am on doing right. Therefore, it is my intention to bore you every single day with information about my work-outs. Working out is the single healthy thing I am maintaining a committment to at the moment and I intend to take pride in it and shout it from the roof tops.

This morning I did the 2 Mile WATP tape and tonight I have a yoga class. For anyone whose been following along....my yoga teacher, like my circuit trainer, has been trying to kill me. I say...bring on the pain!

Everyone have a great day and come out to post.... A LOT!

Laura
Old 03-18-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  

Hi Girls!

Laura ~ I am with you! I feel the same way as you do. I have gained 20 pounds back from my low last year and it kills me every day to look at my huge butt. I am going to lose it though, I promise!

You go ahead and bore us every day with your workouts and eatings (it isn't boring, I learn alot from all of you!). It helps to keep you accountable.

Work is super boring this week. All college students are gone for spring break, and since I am a part time grad student, I don't have classes this week as well. I am not used to being this bored! I leave early Fri morning for Philadelphia for my girls weekend away. I am looking forward to it, but will miss my kids, I never leave them.

Not much else going on. Just got AF, so I am feeling bloated, but I did weigh in this morning, gained 2 pounds, but I am going to chalk that up to AF. I am going to start a journal thread again, for any that are interested. It really keeps me accountable during the day.

Well, better look busy. I will BBIAB!

Good morning to you all!!
Old 03-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls, I a super depressed today. I thought I was PG the past few weeks - took a test, its negative. Now, can someone tellme why I am sick in the morning, by breasts are killing me and I feel tired all the time??

PLus, my carpet is ruined. the idiots from the condo decided to clean the carpet where there was a small leaka nd it looks absolutely like a war hit it. Its all rusted in the whole area they "cleaned". I am so choked.

Plus, I think I am starting to resent b/f. I think (for those of you who remember the past 2.5 years of our relationship) it is stemming back to the first year, where he wanted everything you get with a girlfriend, but wouldn't tell me he loved me, told me he didn't get butterflies for me and even took a "break" when we were at our happiest! HE totally blindsided me on that one. Anyway, from that whole shaky ground thing I come to the stage we are at now. And here, we own a condo, we have everything a marriage has - except the commitment. Yesterday he tells me he isnt' ready to get married and make a lifelong commitment to me. But he's ready to have the things that go with a marriage. He wants the milk but doesnt' want to buy the . It's so frustrating. Anyway, I feel like he gets mad at me that I want him to propose and I resent him for never wanting to take that extra step with me. In fact, I sort of feel like I missed a step somewhere! Like all the things we have should have happened after the marriage.

Anyway, I am also feeling totally fat today - I was good yesterday and got lots of exercise but I looked in the mirror and felt hideously huge today. My hormones are raging and I want to cry. Or beat the condo people senseless, whichever comes first.

Robin - I thought the movie would be a chick flick but it was a very depressing, black movie. Not what I thought it'd be! I was impressed by J.A though...she can act as someone other than Rachel!

Laura - the WW **** sucks - you have to enjoy your life while adopting a healthy lifestyle - its a fine balance and not one that I have really mastered either. I do know this - you should not focus on your re-gain, just what you have kept off - more than most people who lose weight, I tell ya!!

Tonya - ARe kids the best thing that ever happend to you? I feel soemtimes that I really want them. And I really was disappointed that I wasn't pregnant last night. Which is ridiculous -I am not married and I'd be a 27 year old single mom. I'd never have any chance of finding anyone then. Wow, listen to me - I am in a relationship and thinkign I'll have to find someone else!! I guess its part of that whole insecurity thing with him. He still has a way of sending me on a rollercoaster...

Well, I should get back to work - this is a novel.

Oh , on the war front....I dont' think war is the answer, I really don't. I am proud that Canada has decided to not fight without a UN resolution, because this is really a time of crisis for the UN. They need support. I am scared for the innocent citizens that will be killed/hurt/torn apart. And it makes me really sad for them.

Anyway, if any of you support the war that's OK - I respect your opinions too! I just, personally, don't think its the right answer.

BBL!!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:13 PM   #5  

Hang in there Belle!

My kids are my life. When we had Hayley (over 7 years ago), my DH was not ready to be married or have children. After lots of pressuring, we married when she was 8 months old. He soon realized he couldn't live without me or her. Today, if you ask him, his greatest gift is his children, and me. Before we had kids, he didn't think he ever wanted any. Guys need lots of time to grow up, and lots of pushing sometimes too.

Hang in there. I know that for me, even if I wouldn't have met Mr. Right, I wouldn't have thought twice about not having children, even by myself. I have a great job, and would have done it alone. That is how important they are to me.

I actually thought I was pregnant this month too. I took 4 HPT's, and all were negative, I am still waiting for the official AF. There were definately a part of me that was dissapointed, even though I "think" we may be done having kids. If you still haven't gotten AF, and you have those symptoms, you may want to make a Dr's appointment for a blood test, that will tell you for sure.

Later!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:34 PM   #6  
Andrew

My goodness, we are a lively bunch today. Belle-I wish I could say something to make you feel better about your BF. But I'm not one to give advice in the marriage dept-remember I'm the one that is living with the man she married and divorced twice. We are just going to stay BF and GF. Anyway, maybe this will cheer you up. If any of you opened that link I sent http://www.smilebug.com/scratch-sniff.shtml
It is the sound of a great big fart and for the last two days at work I have been playing it every time someone new walks by and then saying "Whoops-excuse me." I have been having so much fun with it . I don't think the doctors are too impressed. But I have been in tears about a half a dozen times laughing about it. You gotta try it (I know I'm 35 years old but I dread the day when I don't think a fart is funny ). Hope you have a better day.

Last edited by momofoneson; 03-18-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:40 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone. My dad is in surgery as I type so I am hoping to get good news in a few hours. The whole family has contined life as usual so we're all at work waiting for mom to phone from the hospital (where she's at work too, may as well make money if she has to be at the hospital anyway.) My co-workers keep telling me to go to the hospital and be there but there isn't anything to do but wait so I'll wait here. Also, WI tonight with TOM, so let's see what that, along with a weekend of drinking does for the numbers...

Belle - HPT are not 100% by any means, you certainly have pregnancy symptoms, if you're more than 2 weeks late, go get a blood test (I don't think they'll order then before then) As for the evil condo people, get them to pay for repair or replacement, it's only fair. As to the BF, I was in the exact same situation about 7 months ago. For me, 5 years and no ring along with quickly changing the subject or getting angry when the "M" work was brought up made me decide to leave and it was the hardest and smartest thing I ever did, that said, your BF is a different person and I'm sure you know what's right for you, look at how great things turned out for Tonya...

Robin - I never think war is the answer. I really wonder how much of this has to do with war and how much has to do with oil. I should read up some more on it though, we get a lot of American TV and it's interesting to watch the news from the american and then canadian perspectives.

Laura - I realized after reading your post that I am in the exact same situation. I gained 30# from my lowest and I just had to decide one day to get back to the meetings. Can't wait to get back to that low weight and wear the clothes that are now sitting in my closet. That's pretty good motivation. Baby steps will get you there. Good work with the small goals.

Tonya - we are on spring break up here too except this school doesn't go on break it's just the elementry and high school kids who then end up coming up to the university with their parents and siblings and being loud and destructive. So I'm not busy, but I'm entertained.

OK, this took longer than I planned. I'll check in later.
KT
Old 03-18-2003, 12:49 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Rina (who posted yesterday) - Please don't get yourself down! We are here to SUPPORT you not to make you feel bad!!!! For that reason, you should just post more often

Robin - I'm not sure how I feel about the war situation. I mean, I work for the US Government, and that may mean good or bad things for me, and its not clear yet. I definitely support our troops, wether or not I support the war. I know that something has to be done. Iraq has been stringing us along for 12 years now.

Laura - I am THE SAME WAY. When I started WW I was religious about it as well, and never banked points or ate activity points and I think that is why I sometimes feel deprived now in the range I am in. But I started eating activity points and banking and I don't lose as much. But when I don't do that stuff I get frustrated and binge and then the ED kicks in, so I have to accept not losing as much as I want in a week.

Tonya - Have fun on your trip! Who do you go with? I know what you mean about kids. I told Jay if he changes his mind and DOESN'T want kids in the future that I would divorce him and find someone else. And I was being honest and truthful. The one thing I want in my life is kids. Just not for about 6 years

Belle - Hang in there! That situation does sound a little sketchy to me. I told Jay that I wouldn't move in with him until we were married, but did anyway. Well, 3 weeks later we were engaged (I think he had that planned!) and now the wedding date is set for August 30th. I'm glad because I don't think things owuld have been the same if we moved in with eachother with no intention of getting married. Have you ever tried having an ultimatum? Would that work for him? (I'm only suggesting as a last resort, and you sound pretty close to that!) Oh, and don't worry about your weight. It seems like there are more important things in your life right now to worry about. Also, maybe the test was wrong? Maybe you should get a blood test done?

Well, yesterday ended up sucking big time for me eating-wise. But, I resolved to go to the gym in the morning, becuase then I don't get cravings. So I went this mornign and so far today has been AWESOME eating wise.

Wedding plans are going good too. We know we are getting married at Jay's parents' house and having it catered (BBQ!) and having lots of beer We have to pick out the caterer. I already booked a Justice of the Peace. We also chose where we want to go for hte honeymoon, just waiting for the rest of the tax returns so that we can book it.

I'll check in later!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:56 PM   #9  

KT - You know that France and Russia have money invested in Iraq and if we go to war with them, they will lose all of that money. That is why they want to veto the resolution and avoid war. Also, Britain has their own oil supply, so they aren't going after Iraq because of oil. As for the US, it's kind of weird, but I really think the true reason is because they have been lying for 12 years, and even developed ways to deploy biological weapons in the 90's when inspectors were in the country. I've really been studying up and paying more attention to this lately, and I see good reasons for doing this. Of course, there are innocents and soldiers, as in any war. But you have to wonder if the outcome outweighs what happens during the war. It is possible that we could be saving a lot of middle eastern countries from biological warfare, etc by going in there. Of course, I have my own opinion too. I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to educate

You learn so much working for the government, things you never thought were possible (and some things you can't tell other people you know). Its really weird, but kinda cool. The place I work at, on eof the departments developed the Tomahawk missle. Liek I said, weird, but cool.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:12 PM   #10  

Lori ~ Good points on the war. I am torn too. I have to have faith that our government is doing what is best. I feel for all the soliders and their families. I hope this war is short and gets the job done!

I am eating a subway sandwhich and some baked chips. It is very good!

Still bored at work....

Robin ~ You crack me up, you would be laughing all the time if you lived with my DH.....

KT ~ I wish your father well. It is tough seeing our parents vunerable....I am sure he will make it thru just fine!

Well, better finish my sandwich...hey, where is everyone else? Kirsty, Jess, Lisa (hello?), Deb (Where have you been girl? Moved yet???), Jayne, Jen, Jen2, Kier, Robin2, and all that I missed!
Old 03-18-2003, 02:39 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Just thought I'd let you guys know my dad came out of the surgery fine, it looks like it is clear of bad cells but they sent the samples to pathology just in case. That's a bit of a relief.
Lori - thanks for the info, now the whole France veto thing makes sense. It's so abstract for me cause I don't really know anyone in the military but, I learn more everyday.
OK, back to it.
KT
Old 03-18-2003, 03:15 PM   #12  

KT - Great to hear about your dad! Keep us updated on how the tests come back.

Jay's dad had a procedure done yesterday to remove the blocking gall stones he had. They had to remove 20 stones (they thought there would just be 1 or 2) and it took about 2 hours. Today they are supposed to remove his gall bladder and the rest of the stones. His step-mom should call us tonight to let us know how he did.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey girls...

As far as the war talk, hubby who is way more up on current events than I am told me that France and Germany also get the majority of their oil from Iraq, and their supply will be cut off if they are in on a declaration of war against Iraq. I couldn't understand how allies could be at such disagreement about what to do. But when he told me that, that made a lot of sense. Another thing that I think of is that if we don't get tough with Sadaam now, we're going to get some biological and nuclear stuff unleashed on our country. Having said that, I have a brother-in-law, two cousins, and lots of good friends in the millitary. The last thing I want to see is them go off and risk themselves. I just want everything to be over, I am so anxious about all of the unknowns.

Enough of that...this is my two week anniversary of WATP 3 mile DVD every day. I feel really good, and I can see my arm and leg muscles growing and firming up. Last week the scales at WI showed a 3 lb gain and I was so discouraged. SO hopefully tonight they'll show a loss.

I'm doing a quick WI tonight and then I'm coming home to host a stamping workshop. I only wish it was Jess leading it for me.
It's one of those workshops where you pay a fee to get in and there are so many projects ready to go, and you just go and stamp yourself silly. I am looking forward to having a drink with friends and visiting as we do something fun and relaxing together.

KT, glad to hear about your dad -- I've been thinking about you. Hang in there, and I hope that you have some people in your life who are strong for you just as you have been for your family... (besides your wonderful friends here).

TOnya, I am so proud of you. You are back on the WW wagon with a vengance. You are going to have the smallest *** in town this summer. I'll tell you what...endo f summer, come see me and we'll strut our tiny asses in front of all of the skinny-minnies at our local country club pool.

Lori, my hubby worked on the joint stars project down in Connecticut, so he had the same clearance and probably much the same engineering job that you had, with a lot of the same politics. He knows more than he can tell me about some of the stuff there, but I do tend to take his opinion for a lot just because of that. Sounds like a fun wedding! Maybe I'll plan a visit to my brother-in-law and crash.

Robin, I also giggle whenI hear the word fart, along with many other anatomical words. I just can't help it, no matter how old and mature I get, that part of me will never grow up. I think it's sad also if we lose that 10 year old within ourselves. Do you know my hubby still shrieks "Woooooooooo" every time the lights go out, just like we all did in elementary school? Life is more fun that way.

Belle,I concur with our good friends here on all points. You sound quite ridden with pregnancy symptoms, and there are lots out there that are defective. Do another one in a few days or go to the doctor. I also think that you should have Kier come open a can of Jersy whoop-*** on whoever ruined your carpet. Someone has to pay for that, and honey, it ain't gonna be you. As for the bf thing, if you are pregnant, would that change anything? That might be a very defining moment in your relationship, hearing him react to that. Do some soul searching, and do what's best for YOU!

Laura, my WATP buddy, (Jess, we are still waiting patiently for your tapes to come so you can join us), you are doing so well with your working out. I think you should shout it from the roof tops. You have workouts in hand, and you're taking on water next. All that's left is a steady reduction of points. This past time, to get into it, I planned a point value 10 points higher than my max, and steadily took one away each day until I was at my minimum. I never went through that big crazy food-a-holic withdrawl this way, so I recomment it! You will get back there, because you are a strong healthy woman with habits that support your healthy lifestyle! I have faith in you, girlfriend!

Well, better get house beautified for 10 of my friends to come inspect tonight (at least that's what i feel like they're always doing when they come over, even when they're not). Hope your days are great!

Love, Jayne

Last edited by aaronsmom; 03-18-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oooh, Lori, I had that done 3 1/2 years ago with my gallstones. Painful recovery, but life is so much better afterward without that constant stitch in your tummy. He's going to feel so much better...
Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

Thanks Ladies. It really helps to know that I'm not the only one whose dealt with this mental block of "now I lost the weight and I can eat like a "normal" person". I never wish any of you struggles but it is nice to know I'm not alone in this!

Tonya - still bored? I have days like that at work too. Hope you have fun on your girl's weekend.

KT - you and your dad are in my thoughts. Let us know how his surgery turns out.

Lori - Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Hi Robin!

Belle - breathe in, breathe out. Are you insecure about BF because of your history with him or because you are emotional about the possibly PG situation?

1) Call whomever "cleaned" the carpet and have them fix the damage they caused.

2) Buy another HPT or get thee to a dr. Sounds like you've got the physical symptoms of PG and your emotions are running high too.

3) If you aren't PG - my sympathies - even if the timing wasn't perfect to have a baby - it isn't surprising that you liked the idea of being a mother and are now a bit disappointed.

4) The BF. I'd like to offer advice on your situation. Mostly because I LOVE to offer advice about things like this...even though it wasn't asked for and I don't really know anything about anything! But I'm not going to. I'm going to do what everyone else has done and tell you my "stories" so that you can take what you want/need from them.

In my mid-twenties I spent 4 years with a guy that I thought "ought" to be my soulmate. Amongst many things, I moved across the country TWICE to be with him. Finally though, I came to the conclusion that we didn't have the same life priorities and that I was the only one making compromises on those priorities to maintain the relationship. I also realized that he only moved on to the "next step" of the relationship when I was ready to walk away and I didn't want to spend my life playing that game. I ditched him and built a house. As KT said - the hardest and easiest decision I ever made.

And now my other story - which until now- only 2 other people know about. CB and I spent Dec. and Jan. talking about moving in together. We figured out who would pay what bills and what furniture we'd keep and what we'd get rid of. Superbowl Sunday he came home and told me that he didn't want to live with me after all. I was devastated. Felt like a fool for trusting another guy who didn't want to be with me. Long story short - still with him. Mostly because he's spending every available moment proving to me that I matter and that he's not turning his back on the relationship and that he's in it for the long haul. Obviously don't know how this one will end....and I was pretty miserable for about a month...but mostly I'm so happy being with him that it's annoying!

Laura
Closed Thread