Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 10:24 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#193

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:08 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everybody! It's been so long since I started a new thread I had to go back 45 days in the archives to find one that I could copy/paste the intro from. Lazy, aren't I??? And ashamed that I had to go back that far.

I was out til almost midnight last night helping my girlfriend paint. I woke up this morning and parts of me I didn't know I had ached!

We're supposed to go up north for a couple of days next week. I'm not sure if I really want to or not. It's to my girlfriend's family's lodge. It's back in the woods, on a private lake. I really do love to swim, but just can't see myself enjoying it with everyone around. Chicken, I know. If you guys can do it, I should be able to too. But one look in the mirror at this butt, and I just shake my head. Besides, it will be that TOM and the older I get, the crappier I feel.

Geez, now that I promised the last time that I was here that the next time I posted I would be more upbeat, I guess I lied! Can't win.......lately, anyways.

Michelle: It sounds like you've made a good choice about school. There's no sense getting yourself soooo stressed about it. Take your time, it will come. * Thanks for the advice about food. I think you're right. I do need to concentrate more on myself and the heck with everyone else. If they want to eat what I eat, great. If they don't, they can make something on their own. They're big boys! LOL

Lucky: If I could just peek out of this bottomless pitt I'm in I would feel much better. * I don't know why the color thing didn't work for you. You have blue and red in your last post. All you need to do is remember that you need to put the [/color] at the end of each color before starting a new one, if you're doing the colors by hand. If you're doing it using the pull down bar, it should work without you having to do anything else. * Yes, eating alone is a problem. My mother is a widow and she eats alone. It is very tough for her to stay OP. She is nibbling all the time. I guess the only thing I think I would do is really stock up on Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. Lots of them are very tasty and if I didn't have to cook for 3 or 4, I would eat them more often.

2cute: I'm so glad you checked to see if beetles were LC! OMG, that's a GREAT story!

Baylee: Thanks for the food message. It's funny, because I think we all know the right answer, look at what Michelle said and what I said back. It's just a matter of DOING IT!! Geez, you'd think we'd follow our own best advice once in awhile.

Mary: WOW, you are going to have one very hectic schedule. I hope you can still slip in some time for you.

Susie: Hey girl, you are still so on the go. My goodness! That new job has just been stress, stress, stress! You need to take some time for you, too!

I guessed I missed where everyone else is. Malia hasn't left for her trip yet, has she? Tina's computer probably broke down again. Andria is so busy writing for the paper. Kat's probably so excited to have her kids back home, she's got no time for us right now. Sara went to NYC. Duckie, where are you? No excuses, girl!

Have no fear, this thread isn't going anywhere. We'll all be here till we die. Oh, as far as chat, it goes a bit too fast for me, with everyone talking at the same time. But I'd love to talk with you so if you use ICQ or AIM and want my screenname, just give me a holler and I'll PM it to ya.

You know, it's funny, but as I sit here, I think I may have figured out what my food problem is here of late. When the youngest was still in school and the oldest left for class late, then DH and I were alone and had quiet time and dinner together. Now that the youngest is home, the oldest still goes to class late, and I feel almost guilty about putting on a nice meal for the 3 of us as the oldest is walking out the door and won't be able to eat with us. Does that make any sense? It's like I don't want him to come home and feel more left out because he didn't get to sit and watch TV with us AND he missed a good meal. Boy am I weird!!! I guess I'll have to try and get over that, after all the youngest isn't around for a good dinner when he's in school, right??? Sorry, it's the mom in me thing going on.

Well, I guess I'll run. I have the day off so maybe I can muster some ambition and get something done around here. You all be good!

"I wish I were honest enough to admit all my shortcomings:
- brilliant enough to accept flattery without it making me arrogant;
- tall enough to tower above deceit;
- strong enough to treasure love;
- brave enough to welcome criticism;
- compassionate enough to understand human frailities;
- wise enough to recognize my mistakes;
- humble enough to appreciate greatness;
- staunch enough to stand by my friends;
- human enough to be thoughtful of my neighbor;
- and righteous enough to be devoted to the love of God."
~~Gordon H. Taggart

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-24-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #3  
wic

Talking Hey I'm New....Please talk to the new girl!!

I'M SOOOO GLAD TO FIND THIS SITE...MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. I HAVE ALWAYS WISHED THERE WAS SOME PLACE I COULD GO TO AND TALK WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE GOING THROUGH THE SAME STRUGGLE I AM. I AM SO MOTIVATED NOW, I THINK SOMEONE IS GOING TO HAVE SCRAPE ME OFF OF THE CEILING!!!!!! OKAY, DOWN TO BUSINESS. I LIVE IN CHARLOTTE, NC, JUST BEEN HERE 1 YEAR NOW. HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE WEIGHT LOSS STRUGGLE SINCE I WAS ABOUT 13, SEEN THE CALVIN KLIEN COMMERCIAL FOR THE JEANS WENT TO GET A PAIR AND THE SALES LADY LOOKED AT ME AND SAID,'I DON'T THINK THEY COME IN YOUR SIZE!" ONE LITTLE NOTE ABOUT ME, "I CAN BE VERY VAIN AT TIMES". ON WITH MY FAT LIFE STORY...WELL THE DR SAID IT WAS JUST BABY FAT AND IT WOULD GO AWAY...YEAH, RIGHT!!!!MY NEXT VISIT TO HIM WAS WHEN I WAS 19 AND IN COLLEGE, I HAD TO GO BECAUSE OF THE MIGRANE HEADACHES I WAS HAVING. HE TOOK ONE LOOK AT ME AND SAID,"WHAT'S NEW BESIDE'S ALL OF THE EXTRA WEIGHT!!!! OF COURSE THIS DR HAS ALWAYS BEEN GORGEOUS, AND BOY DID I FEEL LIKE A BEACHED WHALE...WELL HE QUICKLY GAVE ME A SCRIPT FOR THE HEADACHES, SAT DOWN WITH ME AND SAID,"I'M VERY CONCERN ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT, YOUR JUST 19 AND YOUR WEIGHING 7 POUNDS SHY OF 200LBS. HE SAID DON'T WORRY, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT. HE GAVE ME DIRECTIONS AND AN APPT TO A WEIGHT LOSSCLINIC THAT HE HAD JUST OPENED!!! I WAS REALLY SCARED I HAD NEVER BEEN ON A DIET BEFORE!!! I KNEW I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, I HAD BEEN COMPLETELY FED UP WITH SEEING ALL OF MY SKINNY GIRLFRIENDS HAVING A GREAT TIME AND MEETING AND GOING OUT WITH GUYS. I WAS DAMN DETERMINED TO DO THIS TOO.. THE DR. WAS RIGHT WE TOOK CARE OF THAT 76LBS IN 6 MONTHS BUT IT WAS COMPLETLY DR SUPERVISED AND ALL I ATE WAS JUST NORMAL EVERY DAY FOOD (OF COUSRE NOT 1 BIT OF FRIED OR FAST FOOD, SUGAR, VERY LITTE BREAD) I HAD TO WALK ONE MILE 4 DAYS A WEEK. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF AND BOY DID I LOOK GREAT..OKAY I'M BEING MODEST, I LOOKED HOTTTTT ALL MY SATURDAY NIGHTS WHERE BOOKED.... THEN I FINALLY MEET A REALLY NICE GUY, WE GOT MARRIED AND HAD A BABY. THE END. I WISH IT WAS THAT EASY BUT I DID GET MARRIED(11YEARS NOW), HAD A BABY(A BOY 9 YEARS OLD). BUT GUESS WHAT DURING ALL OF THAT BLISS THE WEIGHT CAME BACK NOW I FIND MYSELF UNABLE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AGAIN...HELPPPPPPP! TIRED IT ALL WW, JENNY, LA, I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE MOTIVATION UNTIL LAST WEEK, WHEN I DID A SEARCH ON WEIGHT LOSS AND BINGO... I WAS COMPLETLY OVERWHELMED BY ALL THE INFO... BUT AFTER 48 HOURS OF SURFING AND CHATTING I CAME ACROSS "3 FAT CHICKS", AND I THOUGHT THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE BUT NO, AND I'M HERE.... BOY THIS IS GETTING LONG... LONG STORY STORY SHORT I'M REALLY MOTIVATED NEED TO LOSE THAT 76 POUNDS AGAIN BUT FOR DIFFERENT RESONS, I'M NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL GET REALLY SICK AND NOT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE REST OF MY LIFE. bUT ALSO I'M STILL PRETTY VAIN, AND I WILL LOOK HOTT AGAIN BEFORE I DIE....THIS IS TOO LONG, BUT THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY FAT LIFE STORY, AND I'LL ALWAYS BE WILLING TO LISTEN TO ANYONE...wic
Old 07-24-2002, 03:33 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys!! How is everyone today?I just wanted to hop in real quick to remind you guys I'M LEAVING FOR FLORIDA TODAY!!!!!!

Remember, I told you a week or so ago? I will be leaving today and will be back on Monday...... I will be leaving in about 4 hrs. and I'm not even close to having everything ready. You will also have to pray for me. This is everyone who is going: Me, dh & boys. Bad enough, huh? Well, let's add a few more mixed nuts into this demented salad------mother in law, father in law, dh's grandmother & aunt, sister in law, brother in law and neice. Yep, we've got everyone but the family dog, Fletch. The last time we all took a trip together, we had to come back a day early because everyone was fighting so much. You would have thought we would have learned our lesson then, but NO.......as in life, I am a glutton for punishment. Or maybe JUST a glutton. Anyways, (imagine the oh so catchy tune from Willie Nelson) "On the road again......just can't wait to get on the road again"............See you when I get back. Pray I don't eat my weight in seafood!

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but I do want to say to
mic: Welcome! This is one fantastic group. We are pretty close nit and share all of our troubles.....and our victories. We do not expect you to be perfect. You do not have to make a certain # of posts----just post. Come and tell us about your day.........good or bad. We accept all. You will find some pretty good advice here & don't be afraid to share some with us. Once again...........WELCOME! I look forward to seeing you on the board!

P. S. Did I forget to tell you I started the ol' monthly today? No swimming for me in Florida! Definitely do not want to resurrect the RED sea!

Last edited by QueenB; 07-24-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:50 PM   #5  

Just a quick note...it worked....eating my own way and I wasn't sleepy, tired or fatigued today.

Will reply later tonight..have to go and cut tree branches....
Old 07-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Look out....she's BAAA---ACK!!!

And she is not going anywhere! This thread will NOT die out! Not while there is breath in my body! (Scarlett pose, once again...can you tell I love her?)

How are all my girls? Well...I guess I should know, having just read two and a half threads worth of stuff...Boy I really missed you guys! We stayed an extra day...were invited to spend the rest of the week and almost did, but I only brought so many articles of clothing with me and then my dh kind of guilted me into coming home...he said "it's THEIR vacation, you know..." Yeah but they love having me and my nephews love having my son...it works out well...dh has been on nights all week, so he sleeps during the day...he doesn't need us...anyway we're back but going back down tomorrow afternoon. (it's only about an hour and a half drive from here, if that) We'll stay over and then I pick up my daughter Friday...see how things fall into place?? Should be a quicker ride to Philly from south Jersey than from here...gotta check "mapquest" and plan a route....

And now, the important stuff....I did NOT win my T-shirt as planned, but when I go back tomorrow, we intend to try again! :sheep: What grit...what determination...now if only I would apply that to my diet efforts!!! We spent two great days on the beach and I have the lovely, peeling, sunburned face to prove it...mmm...how pretty... Food was really not that bad...considering...of course I probably didn't need to order crabcakes TWICE in a four day span, {{**note to Michelle...crab is BIG in Maryland and the surrounding areas, but I am looking forward to mucho lobster when we go up to Maine...Lobster country!!**}} but I did eat lots of salad and drank lots of water...I swam 3 or 4 times, walked, a little, well... to the beach each day...about a block to the beach and then a block ON the beach, AND BACK AGAIN...oh yeah, I was huffing and puffing...I almost forgot...I was dancing for a good 2 hours on Sunday...I'm sure I stayed the same...will know Sunday when I get back to work... I'll weigh myself there...

I want to reply to every one, but the boy is hungry...I suppose I must cook...ugh...perhaps a burger on the grill...in any event...I SHALL RETURN!!

consider yourself warned...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-24-2002 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:44 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody!

Back again, twice today. You all better be careful what you wish for. No threat of a thread dying out here.

Wic: Welcome to our humble corner of 3FC's. We kinda like it here and I think you will too. We just celebrated our second anniversary here. Come share with us and we will do likewise.

Kat: Welcome back! Your wit and humor (gee, isn't that the same thing?) were sorely missed. Glad your trip was good. You know beach walking is the best! It has something to do with how hard it is to walk on sand.

Lucky: By jove, you figured it out! I'd do anything (well, almost, within reason ) to get rid of this fatigue thing I've got going on.

Tina: Yup, you'd think you would learn. The family: DH, 2 boys, mom, MIL, FIL and I went last year to Mackinaw Island. NEVER again!!! Try keeping all those personalities happy on one trip, YIKES!

Well girls, I'm off to conquer some laundry. You all take care.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:08 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
We will not allow this thread to die out . We are all here to help each other. I need all of you.

Wic welcome to our humble abode come back often

I will try to make time for myself next month if I can I may be dragging I hope I can remember all that I need to
Welcome back thin I have missed you.

Well I'm off to soak in a tub.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:22 PM   #9  

Okay back from branch trimming, dragging, and slapping at mosquitoes. That was 6PM to 9PM and I haven't eaten dinner yet.

So, I might just say hi to some of you and finish up tomorrow.

Thin, I need to paint my living room ceiling and the kitchen....when your rested up of course.

Wic, I am with you, I want to look hot again too. Stick with us and we can do it. Welcome....

Tina, I know you will have fun...we will be waiting for stories....

Kat good to hear from you. It sounds like fun - all that traveling.

Mary, Oh, soak in the tub sounds so good......I don't have one anymore...

Well, off to have some chicken and then bed.....will be much more chatting this weekend....
Old 07-25-2002, 01:45 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Too tired to post now...though I really want to...catch you in the morning...

love,
Old 07-25-2002, 03:19 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning friends. Here it is... Thankful Thursday again already. Boy do I have a lot to be thankful for. And one of those things is... ALL OF YOU !!!

This by FAR is the best group in any Bullentin Board site anywhere. I can't believe any of you feared that it would fold.
Why do you think it was soooo hard for me to make a change in my life? You guys are the best, the warmest, the friendliest, the most bonded group of women I could ever know.

There is NO WAY this group will ever fold !!!
I must admit... it hurt me when I read that you felt I had "bailed out" on you. I was even shocked.
I have posted several times since I made the decision to "cut back". Then I had to go visit my parents in Missouri. I got home late Wednesday night.

This group is as strong as ever. Every group goes through slow spells... especially in summer and at christmas.

F.E. A. R.

F. alse
E. vents
A. ppearing
R. eal

Do not fear this group folding. It is never going to happen.
We are family.... sisters in this journey to finding ourselves and our new way of living and eating.
At least I hope I am still one of the sisters. I have not left... I am only posting less.

Back to Thankful Thursday....

I am thankful for my new food plan (it is working great so far)
I am thankful for my new mobility (taking less pain pills for knees I am thankful for this computer (couldn't be here without it)
I am thankful for this group (my HOME group)

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-25-2002 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:17 AM   #12  

Why do I feel I have to post here just to tell you I don't have time to post....??????

I must truly be a "300+And Ready to Try Again" junky.

So it's off to work for me.

I think all on my agenda for tonight is to dig a hole so I will see you after that.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:46 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

2cute good to hear your not leaving for good.
I'm off today but we have the going away party at work so i'll go in.
catch all of you later
Old 07-25-2002, 09:01 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

2Cute I'm sorry if I offended you but to be honest with you I was offended when you said that you were going to put more time in with the people on your other thread because they are doing LC dieting and thats what you need to do because WW doesn't do it for you. Well I feel it shouldn't matter what plan you are doing...just because some of us are doing WW and some are doing their own plan we still need you to be here with us as much as you can! I know everyone has a life and responsibilities, but you have been such and inspiration for us all. You are determined and a fighter. No matter what plan you are doing you can adapt some ideas here as well as the other site. The support and love here is overwhelming! The WW diet can be adapted to LC...its just what YOU do with it, what choices you make for your points or what choice YOU make for yourself when it comes to food. I don't want you to just post sporadically, I want you to post every day! You are one of the reasons I joined this group! You made it so much fun to come out here and talk and share everything about my life and weightloss journey! You don't have to post individually at all ever...you can work on that compulsive behavior by just posting generically, tell us how your day was, how you feel or a funny story (like the bug story..eeewwwww!!) ! I don't want to lose you to another site! I don't want this thread to dwindle off...I have seen that happen to several sites here. I love all you guys and look forward to meeting Kat one of these days and any of the rest of you we can manage to get together!

Ok I babbled enough for now! I have a job interview to go to today so I better start getting ready!

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-25-2002, 10:12 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Michelle... I am sorry I offended you. It was not my intention.
and yes ...LC and WW are definitely doable together.
But for me... I need to get a good foundation in LC because that is where my strength comes from. I even mentioned in my original post that when I am stronger to resist the temptations that are offered in WW I would be back even MORE.

I hope you go back and reread my post from #190 when I made my official announcement that I would be here "less".... that I also mentioned 8 times I would still be posting.... Just less.

I have every intention to post as often as I can.
I am just too weak to read at the moment. I have always shared that I am not strong under temptation and all of your good WW recipes and ideas are tempting to me. LOL
I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them when I don't respond to pleas for help, or announcements of victories. I am not going to be reading as much.

Anyways... as I have said many times... we are FAMILY here.
And families sometimes have misunderstandings.
I hope this one is resolved and we can move on and all be happy for each other again.
And I am HAPPY... truly Happy !!
My food has been cheat free for 13 days now.

REmember me tellling you how I told my husband not to tempt me again with ice cream, candy and the such... well he has been a good boy. He still eats it in front of me... but he doesn't tempt me my asking to go get those nono's together.

And as far as my parents.... it is still as heart breaking as ever.
Monday we talked about calling Hospice... and WEdnesday my mom has rebounded once again. I guess I come from some pretty strong stock. LOL

Have a great on program day !!!
Let's hear it for Thankful Thursday !!!!
Closed Thread