Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again.. #268

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:13 PM   #2  

Since I will be gone for awhile and the last thread was at 30 posts I decided to start a new one. This way it will be easy for me to know where I read last.
But knowing me... I will be here many times before I leave again in a day. LOL
Old 01-14-2003, 09:26 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Hey girls I am still here.
Has everyone forgotten me? Not much to report from my end but I do love all of you.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:41 PM   #4  

2Cute I will pray for you every day....remember we are always here waiting for you. I know this is difficult, been there too many times, so I also know there is nothing to say to make it better. Love ya, (((((((hugs))))))) Maybe for awhile we can sit together in your rocking chair just holding on to each other. I have good shoulders if you need them.

Mary Of course we haven't forgotten you...how is your son's job? the library? Oh, and food?

I am mixed up from the last thread....(hope that's not too many dots) So I will try to catch up tomorrow night. I will have more time.

I had to talk to my sister about her dilema tonight after seeing my Dad so I still haven't eaten dinner. I have been doing good but find I have a terrific "thirst" for water now. Almost an obsession.

Weigh in Wed tomorrow!!!!! See all you losers then.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:52 PM   #5  

Angry Hello my Sweet-Substitutes!

Just chickin' in! Well tomorrow is WI Wednesday and I think I've only lost 1 pound since last WI! I know any loss at this point is good but I'm so psyched to reach (and slightly surpass) my goal that I feel I just can't wait another couple of weeks! PLUS... I also feel like I'm restricting my calorie, fat and carb intake enough to see a good loss every week... I pretty well cannot eat ANY healthier than I do now. Oh sure... there's been a couple of times I made "slight" exceptions and allowed a whopping 2000 calories that day but 95% of the time my caloric intake is 1200 or 1300. Plus... I usually get lots of exercise! (I've missed a few days this week but still...!)

ANYHOO... I'm sure I'll make it... patience, Sara, patience.

I haven't yet told my hubby (Reg) but I ACCIDENTALLY went shopping this afternoon! Reg's b-day is on Thursday and I was out to buy him a present... and, BY MISTAKE, I bought some clothes for me! I couldn't help it! This awesome store was having a huge sale and I got an awesome, very funky pair of jeans (size 9) and two stylish shirts... all for $50 Cdn! I totally love shopping now! $50 in Addition-Elle (the plus sized store I used to patron) used to buy me one shirt and now that I can find shirts for $12 on sale that I love... I CAN'T STOP MYSELF! (No one tell me I deserve to spoil myself after all my efforts because I already have!!! Money is tight!)

Hmmm... I guess Reg will find out about the new outfits soon enough; we're having a HUGE b-day bash for him this weekend (expecting 45 guests or so) and I think I'll wear it!

2Cute: I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and your family. Your mom's illness must be weighing so much on all of your minds! I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I'm sending you out LOTS of positive energy and a hug! You are always the first to comfort and take care of others... now I hope all of us can be there for you!

Baylee: I'm worred about you a bit! Where are you? I miss you.

Gotta take off for a bit but I'll be back tomorrow for WI!

Sara
Old 01-15-2003, 02:06 AM   #6  

Baylee... so happy to see you

I found this while reading and wanted to share it with all of you.

Remember this people!
LIFE is the JOURNEY, not the DESTINATION!

If you don't enjoy the trip while you're living it you will have wasted your life! This isn't just a diet. It's a way of life FOR LIFE and it doesn't matter how long it takes. We have to just keep on trying and failing and learning and trying again and succeeding and reaching those mini goals one at a time until we finally get to where we want to be. BUT we need to learn to enjoy the process. Happiness is not going to be some miracle that suddenly shows up when we're skinny! It's a state of mind that we can choose today! So enjoy the journey! Choose to be joyful and just keep on trying! The rest of us are on the same track and eventually we will all get there!
Old 01-15-2003, 08:24 AM   #7  

Angry A Quickie on Wednesday Morning!

Howdy Chicksters!

Baylee: I'm so happy you posted! I'm hoping WI Friday goes well for you this week! Sounds like you've been pretty focused!

Okay... seeing as how it IS WI Wednesday... , I'd like to report that I am now ONE PIDDLY pound away from goal! That's 2 pounds lost this week for a grand total of 119 pounds lost! Current weight: 151 pounds! I'm feeling awesome about it but... I think it's human nature to always be dissatisfied about something in terms of one's physical appearence. (I should pay attention to 2Cute's last post on happiness!) I was looking at myself in the mirror last night and trying to wish away all the loose skin on my stomach (that's where most of my weight was). I'm going to wait a while... maybe 6 months... to see if starts snapping back into place and then I MIGHT (very small possibility) consider surgery. Considering that I'd like to have kids in a few years, a surgeon might advise against the surgery at this point... who knows... it's just been on my mind lately as I'm reaching goal.

In the meantime, just for 2Cute, I'll be happy and enjoy my success!

Oh, oh. Gotta go get hubby up before he's late for work! I'll be back later today to check in with all you chickies and update my journal for the week.

Sara
270/151/150
Old 01-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning sweeties! How are you all today? I'm quite sure this post will be fleeting, because I am working with ol' chatty cathy today and it took me almost 30 minutes just to read the posts on this thread. Patience, Tina....patience. Seems like I need to learn patience in several areas in my life.

2cute: Thank you for sharing that with us. It is so true.

Sara: Congrats on that 2 lb. loss girl, that's awesome! I know money's tight.....especially after the holidays, but sometimes you have to splurge a little. I personally, can't wait to spend some cold hard $$$ on smaller clothes!! On a side note, I worry about loose skin too when I get to goal. (notice I said when, not if.) That's where most of my weight is. I think before I would turn towards surgery, I would talk to a physical trainer who could tell you what exercises would specifically help "problem areas". I carry alot of weight in my stomach area too, so I'm drinking lots of water, which is supposed to minimize loose skin and will probably go the personal trainer route myself versus surgery if I feel I need extra help. There are so many things that could go wrong when you're dealing with surgery.......I'm just not sure it's worth the risk.
JMO

Baylee: I can't even tell you how happy I am to see you.....we've missed you! Glad to hear you're still in good spirits and journaling faithfully. Hope WI goes well for you.

Lucky: Good luck at WI(not Wisconsin) today sweetie. I'm keeping my fingers for you!

Mary: Shame on you! We could never ever forget you! How are you doing? How's the son's job working out? What's going on at the library? Anything new or interesting? What's going on foodwise since the holidays? There you go.....that should be enough questions to keep you busy on your next post. Much to you.....

Well ladies, I am out of here for now. I am going to try my best to get back in here tonight if at all possible. We usually go to church on Wednesday nights, but Trey was up sick at his stomach last night and is out of school today and staying with my Mom, so we'll just see how he feels. If I'm home, are we chatting tonight and if so, which site? 3FC or Myfamily? Let me know so I can actually get to the right place this time....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-15-2003, 12:39 PM   #9  

Morning gal's,

Glad to see everyone is still in the right track of mind, Diet Wise.

Baylee glad to see your still around hope everything is going well, come back soon, I miss your long post's.

2Cute, God bless you your in my prayers. You are such a strong and motivational women. Glad to hear your staying strong and OP even in these hard times.

Tina, a big congrats on your 1lb loss, just reading about what you ate through the holidays, I'd say a pound is better than a gain. But I bet you enjoyed eating those yummy things, well at the moment anyway's.

Lucky, good luck at WI

Sare, your so close, next week we'll have to throw you another party, a getting to goal party, way to go. And some time through out the next year or two, well be throwing a getting to goal party for the rest of us losers.

Grannie, we wouldn't forget you, tell us more about whats going on. Are you OP

I am so tired of wiping up Doggy do doo, how am I suppose to train a dog when I'm not home for 10 hrs a day, maybe i should have thought about that before we got her. She just so dumb, she wont use paper at all, I think it's because I've tramatized her, when I catch her peeing on the floor, I grab her make her smell her pee, and put her on the paper, and make her stay, I think she thinks the paper is a place for punishment, and wont pee on it because that's where she gets put if she pee's on the floor. Can't wait till summer, I can start leaving her outside more, right now it's been -29 here lately.

Here's a funny, the other night I come home and I took the dog out to go potty, and she's sniffing around the metal railing on the steps, and decides to lick it, well, of course her tongue got stuck, so I had to run inside and get a warm glass of water, meanwhile she's pulling and stretching her tongue out, if looked really funny, like Dumb and Dumber, so I rescued her, and a couple minutes later she did it again. Silly thing.

Foods been good, actually I don't think I'm eating enough, if you check out my homepage, you can see, I'm definetly lacking in the friut and veggie department, just don't have the money right now to go grocery shopping, will have to wait till Monday.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #10  

Default Hi again!

Just popping in to say I've updated my journal for this week, if any of you chickies wanna check it out!

Tina: I agree that surgery is a big deal and it's definitely NOT my first choice and I PROBABLY won't do it. I definitely would prefer to work out my abs HARD to get results... the thing is, I've already been doing this! I'm definitely gonna keep at it though... a tummy tuck ULTIMATELY might be the only way to get rid of it though so it's not 100% out of the question. I've gotta give it time though... maybe it will improve drastically on it's own given a year or two. I might talk to a doctor about it at some point.

Duckie: What a silly puppy!

Okay chickies, gotta make myself into a domestic goddess and get some stuff done! Catch you in a bit!

Sara
Old 01-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default I feel good!

I've been to the gym...took an aerobics class for an hour, after using the elliptical trainer for 10 minutes, then some weight machines for another 10. This is the only time I get to see the news...I'll have to keep going, just to keep up with world events! I don't know, lately, I'd be better off oblivious!

As per 2cute's request, I'm going to share my gratitude for today...the little things in life that make me happy.
*A sunny cold day, like today. I'm planning on bundling up and going for a good walk with the doggy later.
*Music. I LOVE belting out a song along with the CD! Today's choice...my current favorite mix: Carole King, "Tapestry," James Taylor's Greatest Hits, Jackson Brown, "Late for the Sky," Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits, Graham Nash, "Songs for Beginners." I took the soundtracks for Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera out to put these on. Beatles are a biggy...but so are the Chieftans, (Irish Music) or even Tom Jones' Greatest hits...you never know.
*Finding new homes for the junk...er, stuff I'm getting rid of! Books to the library, clothes to the thrift shop, a TON of craft stuff from my Den Leader days has found a new home with the the current Cub Scouts.
*As always...the love and support of all you!

Have a great day all...keep up the good work!

Oh yeah...I lost 1 lb! Yay for me!
Old 01-15-2003, 03:04 PM   #12  

Angry Somebody kick me in the butt!

I've been on the computer all day and need a serious butt-kicking to get moving and do something constructive! I'm staffing the sexual assault crisis lines from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today (as I'm going to be doing most Wednesdays) but as of yet, haven't received any calls today save someone who was just looking for our office number to speak to one of the pub ed staff. This is a GOOD thing... no calls... but it means I've just been sitting around the house kinda waiting. I can't leave the house though...

So, will all you ladies do me a favor and post so I have something to read?!

Kat: Congratuations on all the exercise, that pound lost, and all your journalling!

Sara
Old 01-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Ohhh...Sara, I read that earlier and had just posted not too long before, so I really had nothing else to say! I thought for sure that somebody would come along and give you some reading material!! I suppose they're all at work...the nerve!

Gee let me think, what have I done since I was last here? hmmm...some laundry, a little food shopping. I had to hit the "Can Can Sale" at Shop Rite...I don't know if anyone else has that, maybe Michelle and Steph. I stocked up on broth and beans and tomatoes, tuna fish, canned clams...( I make a wicked clam sauce! Easy too, if anyone wants the recipe let me know) Spent only $54.00 on about eight bulging bags of stuff.

Tonight's dinner is grilled chicken breasts (gotta get ol' George Forman out in a few minutes) roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots. I'm thinking about 10 points for dinner, which will give me 3 points leftover! That won't matter, cuz I have to work tonight, so I won't be hanging around looking for something to nibble on later...I'll be snoozing!

I'll try to make chat...I may not get there at 7P est, probably between 7:30 and 8. Nobody has said where, so I'll just check both places. I like myfamily, but does evryone have access to that? I haven't used 3fc's chat since they brought it back. Either one is fine, like I said, I'll check both.

Well, I'd better get moving on dinner if I want to come back...see you later!
Old 01-15-2003, 06:59 PM   #14  

Sara So sorry to hear you bought that clothes BY MISTAKE! It's SO hard when you are forced into such things isn't it? Good job on losing....you are doing so G R E A T !!!! I am following you, oh fearless leader. One pound from GOAL!!!! Hmmmm cut your hair, go to the bathroom!!!!!

Thanks for posting, Baylee so we know you are okay.

2Cute Thanks for that post....
Quote:
If you don't enjoy the trip while you're living it you will have wasted your life!
I really have been aware of this and work on enjoying the process.

Yeah, Kat on your pound...I KNEW you could do it. I have to get into the exercise....I have been warming up to the idea...

Tina I read somewhere to keep your skin "lubricated"...lotion; baby oil; whatever .... suppose to help with your loose skin. I figure it's cheap and can't hurt!!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:17 PM   #15  

CHAT.... I will check 3FC first cause it's easier to get into...at 6:30 Central / 7:30 Eastern....
Closed Thread