Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #76  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I saw that on kfi but Jill does not keep her mouth shut about much so I thought she may have posted somthing on her website.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

I like Jillian's approach to training. I don't buy supplements, for the most part, but the fact that she has then doesn't really turn me off her. I know a lot of professional figure competitors and body builders that supplement with legal substances. *shrug*
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #78  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
personally i think that anyone who pushes diet pills is taking advantage of desperate people and bilking them out of hard earned money.
I wouldn't disagree with this, but then again, nobody is forcing those people to actually buy anything. They are doing it from their own free will. Why do they believe that diet pills (and a myriad of other snake oil things) work? One of my colleagues has a big banner at his workstation, and it says YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. You have no idea how many times a day this comes to my mind.
Our release notes specifically say this and this will not work on VMWare and that we won't support it. A third of the customers WILL install it on VMWare and demand that we fix their problems. What more can I say?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Rachinma: It's true, figure competitors and bodybuilders usually use supplements. I did a bodybuilding contest recently and I popped a crapload of 'em during contest prep: Hot Rox (diet pills, really), DHEA 7-Keto (closest thing you can find to steroid-like substance without it being banned by most natural bodybuilding organizations), CLA, creatine, glutamine, l-carnitine, and nitric oxide products before workouts because I ended up BADLY needing that extra energy.

All the supplements made me feel a bit strange, but contest preparation in general had the same effect. The human body is resiliant and adaptable -- I feel like I screwed up so much of my body chemistry, but I know that after a month of healthy living, I will be back to normal.
Despite what I did, I don't personally advocate excessive supplement usage unless you have a very steep goal (like getting shredded down to 9.5% body fat like I did for the stage). If you just want to lose weight and maintain good health, I think all the crap in diet pills does more harm than good!

I am not surprised by Jillian Michaels' move, though -- as echoed by so many previous posts, she is obviously an advocate for extreme weight loss, so why not hawk a pill promoting the same? I don't have any less respect for her doing it; she is a very successful trainer with boundless opportunities. I would LOVE to be her. I look up to her as an entrepreneurial inspiration, even if I do not agree with everything she says/does. She's a good business woman... I'll give her that.

Now, Gary, go spank her!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 08-17-2009 at 03:02 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post

Now, Gary, go spank her!
YIPEE! I have permission

Glad to see you back kiddo

Checked out your profile pic....wow!

If only I was 30 years younger....not married and a le...er...girl
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

HAHAHA thanks Gary!

I don't think you would make a good looking girl, though. You could take that as an offensive statement, BUT I think it as a compliment to your masculinity!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
HAHAHA thanks Gary!

I don't think you would make a good looking girl, though. You could take that as an offensive statement, BUT I think it as a compliment to your masculinity!
My Italian wife has a moustache and she makes a good looking girl
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote