Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #31  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i think i eat fast, but whenever im done with my meal, it's 20 minutes later. So i guess it's slow enough. I used to eat VERY fast - like 5 minutes per meal. But I broke that habit by eating smaller bite

i find this : You're supposed to chew until it's liquified : is rather disgusting though. I tried and it's just... horrible taste. My cousin likes to chew until that though. I just cannot

Last edited by Annita; 08-12-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
I'm a slow eater...always have been. I don't know exactly how slow I eat but relatively speaking I'm always the last person to finish food at the table. The only times I remember eating way too fast is if I'm really hungry. Hubby, on the other hand, is a fast eater. He tries to slow himself down some times.
This describes me exactly. It was kind of a joke in my family growing up. I'm not sure what it means, but I know I really do enjoy my food. I HATE it when I am in a hurry when I'm trying to eat - I can't enjoy it, and I'm really not good at gulping it down.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
I eat quickly. And I'm actually a tongue thruster (I press my tongue against my front teeth when I swallow). When I was a kid I had to go to tongue therapy and when I ate I had to eat with a mirror in front of me (how tourturous for a fat kid!) It didn't work, I still do it, but I digress. The main things they attempted to train me to do in order to eat slower were to put down my fork after each bite, take a deliberate breath, take a sip of water, another breath, the next bite.
That's interesting, and something I've never heard of. Pardon my curiosity, but does that cause any damage to your teeth - like an overbite? Or does it have to do with your mouth shape/teeth in the first place?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #34  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I am a very fast eater, it got much worse after I worked at a restaurant where all my daily food had to be eaten in a half hour break . These days I have no reason to eat quickly but it is still a hard habit to shake. I am so busy trying to keep my toddler from throwing food or spilling and my infant from getting mad because the spoon isn't coming fast enough... my biggest challenge is to not just mindlessly inhale whenver I get a spare moment, and not to graze on their leftovers because I have a hard time throwing food away. I am doing 100x better at not mindlessly grazing leftovers, but eating slowly is still a work in progress
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #35  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
That's interesting, and something I've never heard of. Pardon my curiosity, but does that cause any damage to your teeth - like an overbite? Or does it have to do with your mouth shape/teeth in the first place?
Another tongue thruster here, former tongue thruster that is. It gave me buck teeth. It doesn't have to do with the shape of your mouth. It's just that the tip of my tongue rested on my two front teeth. I too went for therapy. And then they gave me a retainer with a little "gate" coming down from it. It forced my tongue in the proper place.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 AM   #36  

Wow. Interesting stuff. Glad you were able to correct it.