Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default Yes! Another 4 Week Challenge( Support?...Always!)

Welcome all you newbies and oldies too The first 4wk challenge was great so I decided on a 2nd challenge and that also went magnificent! So this is my 3rd 4 Week Challenge. IF if wasnt for the support I dont think I would have gotten as far as I have. We all know the closer we get to our goal ,the harder it is to lose those pounds! I love setting small goals for a month at a time.It seems easier ,I feel like I can reach those smaller goals ! So if you are interested all you need to do is send me a private message letting me know how many pounds you want to lose by July 20th. My personal goal is to lose 7.5 lbs in 4 weeks.
There is no need to let me know what you weigh. We weigh in on saturdays. Send me a message and let me know if you lost anything,maintained or gained. Since Saturday is two days away
dont worry about trying to lose pounds by then! lol

Gen...Goal 7.5 lbs.....

Grizzlyschick..Goal 10 lbs...

Fat angel..Goal 6 lbs...

Jacksonmom..Goal 8 lbs..

ladyslipper..Goal 6 lbs...

Kina..Goal 8 lbs...

Thinlizzie..Goal 6 lbs...

Jen519..Goal..9 lbs..

Appleblosom..Goal..7.5 lbs..

Newsfiesara..Goal..8 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs..

Msbillie..Goal..8 lbs..

Yoyo Mom..Goal..5 lbs..

Lanaii1..Goal 6 lbs..

Emaleyth..Goal 2lbs..

Miata1997..Goal 5 lbs..

194/148/130

Last edited by Gennel; 06-25-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:15 PM   #2  

Yay!
The last challenge was so great for me, I'm excited to start a new one. Since we've got a couple of days before Saturday AND I've just turned up my walking goal to 2 miles a day AND I almost could've counted another pound lost this morning except it's not a digital scale and it's hard to tell, I'm going to set a goal of 9 pounds. I could have lost that easily last challenge if I'd have stayed OP more.
Tomorrow's the summer solstice and my daughter and I will be getting up early to watch the sunrise. I went for a short walk on my morning break today. The weather is just perfect right now. Not a cloud in the sky, but it only got to about 76 degrees. I love it!
Good luck to all. I'll be posting more often this time. It really does help me to stay motivated and I feel like I'm part of something wonderful!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-20-2002, 08:49 PM   #3  

Default Pic of me today

I was bored as you can see lol. My" big day" is July my wedding anniversary and my goal was to be in a size 9 by then and that's happened ! I still want to lose at least 6 lbs by Jul 10.
The pic came out awful! I took it myself so you can't see my face, there is a shadow on my whole right side, darn
These were the types of dresses that I would pass by when I went to stores . I just thought I would never wear that style! Well here it goes! This was today,46 pounds gone forever!!!!

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/58/4D/1076...-01170269-.jpg

Gen
194/148/130

Last edited by Gennel; 06-20-2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #4  

Default New hope

Hi! I posted a message on the last thread regarding my weigh-in and my apologies for my venting yesterday. Stress got the best of me I'm afraid. And I gained my 2 pounds back, so we're back to the starting line, but I'm optimistic about everything today! My FIL is doing better too.
My goal will be 7 pounds again. Oh what the heck, I'm sticking with you Gennel, make it 7.5! You look great in that dress!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #5  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to all. I just came back from a 3 mile workout. WHEW! Yay, I made it back and that is all that counts.

Hey Appleblossom don't you worry about apologies. I am sure everyone will agree that your opinion is what makes you you. We are individuals yet we are all so much alike. So it's no sweat, we are all fighting for the one secret in life...HOW THE HECK DO WE GET THESE EXTRA POUNDS OFF! hahahaha If only I had listened to mom

Now I have a question For any of you who wish to answer...when you are trying to lose weight which is better 1) to get more exercise into your routine, 2) to sweat more, or 3) to add more resisistence to your workout? Now I know all of them are good. Well actually I am not quite sure about the sweating more or the adding resistence. But I was just curious . Let me know what you all think.

Thanks, bye Kinarina
Old 06-20-2002, 10:37 PM   #6  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

So can I join this or what?

I'd like to lose 8 lbs in 4 weeks. It starts when?
Old 06-21-2002, 03:02 AM   #7  

Hey Kina,
My husband (who has a background in athletics) says that to lose weight you must exercise more...burn more calories! Makes sense I suppose. My mantra is
EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE
EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE
EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE

Sweating more would only cause water loss...temporary weight loss.
I don't know about the resistence part,except it probably helps with muscle tone/building.
I need to go to bed. Good night!
Old 06-21-2002, 06:17 AM   #8  

Talking FRIDAY~~

Mornin' to all the chicks in the challenge.
WELCOME~~~Newfiesara~~~Of course you can join. It has begun as of June 20th i guess you could say. We had our final day to weigh in results to Gennel on Thursday morning. So, come on with us and see how much fun these mini-challenges are. You'll meet alot of nice people and have fun losing weight.

~~~Appleblossom~~~Glad things are getting better w/your FIL health problems. Stress makes things much harder for a person, so chin up and get back on the wagon with us. I am so close to goal my wt. is really stubborn now. But i figure gotta aim high or nothing will happen, so i am going w/6# for this challenge. Might make 4 or 5# get lost, who knows? So i'm in again!! And yes, vent whenever you need, that is what helps the most on these forums. We are there for you!

~~~JEN~~~You sound so motivated and rarin' to go on this new challenge. Makes us all feel good. Glad you are getting the walking in and have your daughter to buddy up with in the exercise dept. That kind of day sounds great...sunny and not tooo hot. Yesterday here it got way up into the 80's and it was muggy + from all the rain...so i did not walk. I am up earlier than usual this morn. so i am going to try to do my weight training at least before work.

~~~KINA~~~Glad you are aboard again. You are getting up to 3 miles in now? TERRIFIC...YGG!! Keep that up and you will see results quick. I think Genn had explained how she works it out pretty well on one of these threads. I think she really watches the calories/points for the day closely and if she works out hard she can eat a bit more, if not, got to stick to the very low end of the daily total. She seems to have really got a good thing going there, and she sure is motivating me.

~~~GEN~~~Great dress!!! Has DH seen you in it yet? or are you making him wait till the anniv. in July? CONGRATS, GIRL! We are all in this together and motivating each other.

Closing now, and off to workout!
thinlizzie
166/129/120

P.S. A few tidbits for your day:

" Never let others control your life. You only get one chance at it and you, and only you, will be held accountable for it."
--- Copyright © 2001 Yolunder Norfleet

" A life without risk is no life at all."
--- Author Unknown --- Submitted by Tiffany Brown --- Georgia

" Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
--- Arnold Schwarzenegger --- Submitted by Arvind Sawhney --- India

" Do not expect to accomplish your dreams if you're not willing to help others accomplish their's."
--- Kaughee Vill --- Submitted by J.W. --- Colorado

" If you want your dreams to come true, wake up."
--- Author Unknown --- Submitted by Vikram K. --- UP, India

" If you continue to work hard, success will follow you."
--- Author Unknown ---- Submitted by JP Miklus --- Ohio

" You can change the way you feel by changing the way you think."
--- Author Unknown --- Submitted by Mamta Kumari --- Bihar, India

" Strength plus power equals success. The strength of your heart's desire plus the power of your mind's imagination will always lead you to success."
--- Copyright © 1992 Robert Proctor
Old 06-21-2002, 08:04 AM   #9  

Default Welcome!

Hi!
Just back from Gym,my calves have been so sore for 3 days now! That"monster" Elliptical machine is kicking my butt ! Thank God tomorrow is my day off!!!

--------Newsfiesara, welcome! The challenge just started yesterday so you have plenty of time to join! I will put you down for 8 lb goal. Weigh in on saturday tomorrow. I know there is only 24 hrs till weigh in so this weigh in doesnt really count lol .---
-------Thinlizzie you are an inspiration to me! You are close to your goal and I know you are working so hard for that Goal day! I hope you are still here when I'm within 10 pounds of my goal! I have 18 to go and counting ...Hubby has seen me in the dress
I will be going for a slight makeover that day! Haircut,dye,pedicure,manicure...so he wont see the new me until "our date" that night !-------
-------Appleblossom, I can totally understand your venting! Every single person in this battle with weight goes through ups and downs. Venting is the best thing for me.Iwill put you down for 7.5!
I agree with (exercise more) I dont eat less now. I do exercise more because I weigh less though. That has kept a steady weightloss...---------------
--------------Kina , I know alot of people say " you have to sweat while working out to lose weight" Or they say if you dont sweat then you are not getting a real workout. My personal opinion is that is BULL!!! I never sweated in the first weeks I just didnt sweat at all! I felt hot but no sweat lol . I think some of those Gyms who have no A/C use that excuse too lol. My Gym has A/C and huge fans all over. Dont get me wrong I sweat alot now! But all this sweating is recent and I've already lost 46 lbs. What's worked for me is more exercise and I still eat the same. Some days I eat low calories and low fat,then the next day I'll eat high calories... This has helped me not cheat on my diet. I know I'll suffer for one day but I will have something "really good" tomorrow !

Gen
194/148/130

------
Old 06-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #10  

Good morning everybody

Wow it's great to see you all getting in exercise. Since being home for the summer months(work for school district) I have switched my workout routine to the afternoon or sometimes the evenings.Speaking of exercise, I am not much of a "sweater" either. Aerobic activity burns the most fat but resistance training will too. When you build muscle you speed up your metabolism. Personally I train with free weights using higher weights doing low reps. I want to build muscle right now. I do a half hour of aerobic activity and a half hour of weights most days.
I am really excited about this challenge. I like the idea of a 4 week time frame. I don't feel so overwhelmed! I'm hoping to reach my goal in October. 19 pounds by then is reasonable. (I lost my first 31 pounds on my own and now I'm doing WW.) Good luck to all of us and hope you have a great day!

ladyslipper
Old 06-21-2002, 11:16 AM   #11  

Angry Hi ALL

Good luck to everyone in the challenge. I am really looking forward t starting a new 4 weeks. I am going to set my goal at 8 lbs again. I have had guest at my house for almost 2 weeks, they will leave Sunday. I can't wait to get back to a normal life again.

Gennel. I love the dress hope to be able to wear one of those some day myself. Congrats on your loses you have done a great job. Thanks so much for having these challenges they help so much.

Good luck again to everyone.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #12  

Hi! Glad to see so many people participating again!
Gennel - glad to hear you sister is doing well. I know with you exercising has been a BIG key in you losing the weight. Are you eating low fat one day and higher the next. Is that right? I feel like I'm stagnet with my eating and wanted to hear what yours and everone elses is. Got to go walk. TTYL
Old 06-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #13  

Default Jacksonmom...

Yup,
Yesterday was my high calorie day and higher fat. I had 27 fatgrams for the day. And calories range from 1,400 to 1,600. Today was my low day and I had 18fatgrams and 1,120 calories.
On my high cal days I stay on the Elliptical machine for about 40-45 min at a constant running speed...so I'm dripping in sweat by then, I do the stationary bike for 30 min, and the treadmill for 30 minutes before I do any other machine. On my low cal days I do
30 min on treadmill,15 min bike and 25 min on Elliptical machine.
I worked out 6 days a week when it was only walking but now since going to a Gym I go 5 days a week . It gets so full on the weekends!

Gen
194/148/130
Old 06-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #14  

Angry

Hurray! I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm back to 152! I had a feeling that my steps backward were only temporary. I only needed to get back on track. Today was a good day too! My FIL is home from the hospital and he's doing great. And My MIL got to catch up on some sleep.
Gennel, you are setting such a great example for us all. It's hard work keeping such close track of calories and all that. And exercise! I don't know how you find the time. I think you will find that your work at the gym will pay off big time. You're kicking it up a notch and that will help in the home stretch.
I think I am still eating too much. And if I could only quit the daily beer......
See ya tomorrow!
Old 06-22-2002, 06:21 AM   #15  

Default Me too!

Hi! I'd like to join. I need a kick to get started making progress. My 4 week goal is 5 pounds. That may not sound like a lot, but if I had lost those 5 pounds *last* month, I'd be a lot happier today!
Closed Thread