Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 10:30 PM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~ # 146

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:40 PM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Angry

Hi all, I'm fixing to go to bed but decided to come in and write a ling or two. I've had a very good day with my food plan. Trying to get everything in the order it should be in. Maybe next week I can report a wt. loss. I'm working hard on my PI lessons and learning a lot. It is so much fun.

Jo Jo~~Your the only one here to write to tonight. I too have pretty much stopped letting people walk all over me. I just may choose to stay away from them, but If that's the only way I can do it, then that's the way it is. I'm once again trying to get my mine to working right. I need to work on all parts of my life. I've got so many hurts shoved down with food. You know what Dr. Phil says, the only way out of it is through it. I'm going to try to wade through. I would love to have his book. But I've spent so much money the last couple of months. I guess I'll put it off for a while. The one thing I have to do in my life is "Turn things lose" It can be done, I've done it before. To do it you have to focus, focus and focus some more. Tonight I'm on focus.

Have a good week end everyone. See ya soon.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:28 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

We were really getting some good rain here then it dried up again. Hopefully that won't continue the rest of this summer. Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

Marlana~I thought that my computer was broken really bad because I hadn't received an email from this board in days. I then discovered that you had started a new thread. Where is everyone? We had our neighbors over for a cookout on the 4th. It was a spur of the moment thing but we enjoyed their company. We had hamburgers (no buns) with corn on the cob, roasted potatoes and cantaloupe. Our friends brought a Jell-O dessert that was really good. It was not low calorie or low fat but I figure it was probably better than cake. I want to keep those 4 little ones off and add more to my paper clips.

JoJo~Glad you got that bathroom finished. How did your doggie do with all the fireworks? Did she settle down with the tranquilizers? Our area has been really quiet this year. This is the first year that this whole area has had fire works displays in 3 years. I think the crowds were really extra big because of that so we stayed home. Hope that you had a really good vacation this past week. I know that you don't want to think about going back to work yet.

My giant hibiscus started blooming and I got a picture with that little digital camera. The blooms only last one day but they sure are pretty. I am going to try to attach a picture if we can still do that. Y'all have a good weekend.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:12 PM   #4  

Good morning. Actually its almost afternoon. I told everyone that since today was my last day of my vacation I'm staying home and I may not even get dressed today. I do have some housework I want to do, pick up the livingroom and do some dishes and a load of laundry. That shouldn't take to long. I sure wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm already thinking about when I'll take my next week off.

Marlana, I've kinda cut myself off from people the past several years. I've got this one friend I've not seen in well, 3 years. I just can't get over the fact that she didn't call or anything when my mom died. She was out of town then but even after she got home, she didn't call me. I saw her someplace and she said she did call but I have caller id and I know she didn't. It just really bothers me deep down and I can't seem to get past it. I've called a few times but she wasn't home and I just kinda gave up for now. Maybe later. Thats great that your doing well with your food plan. Dh is still trying to fix the bathroom sink but it looks as if he is going to have to go into the crawl space to fix the problem. The sink doesn't leak if you are running water but when I do laundry, it backs up into the sink and the drain pipe on the sink leaks then. So I think he's going to have to do some work on the pipe in the crawl space. He's pretty frustrated right now and I think he's trying to avoid working in the crawl space.

Skeeter, I love hibiscus. They are so pretty. Do they flower all summer or just for a short period. I was told the blooms don't last long. My dog is doing better but yesterday you could hear someone shooting off some firecrackers off in the distance and she got all worked up again. I just let her settle down on her own. We could use some rain now. I'd be happy with once a week a nice couple hour long shower. I'm just glad I'm not in Texas where they got 9 inches of rain in one day. Sheesh. Oh by the way, I made the dreamcicle pudding for the 4th of July and I saved a dish of it and froze it. Its kinda like ice cream. I think next time I'm going to try some other flavors tho. Oh, I couldn't remember when you are making the jello part of it, do you use just one cup of water or two? I used two and it didn't seem to want to set up as fast. But then again, I waited till an hour before we had to leave to make it.

Well, I've got to get going now. I need to take a shower and start on the living room. Take care everyone.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:06 AM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I'm doing one of those quick reply things at the bottom. Gees it's so small I can hardly see it. I've had such a busy week end that I'm extremly tired this morning. The good news is that I am still doing really well with my food. I'm taking a new road with this thing this time. I thought I had done every way that could be done. Well really I've took the route before when I was about 14 years old. That was the first time I had ever dieted. I weighed 140 pounds when I started. Got down to 130. I was as tall then as I am now. Ok here we go. I'm throwing out anything I have ever done before as for as diets goes. This is my first attempt at losing weight. I do not have a record at all. I'm a new dieter. And really I prefer to not call it a diet. It's the way I have to eat for the rest of my life. I'm not eating fake meat, I can't live with that. I will have fake sugar. I like Splenda. And by the way I heard on the news that they are coming out with another sweetner. It is suppost to be so much sweeter than sugar and you can cook with it too. Great. There it is in a nut shell.
Jo Jo...I know just what you hubby will have to go through under the house. I've been there many times and I don't like it at all. Spiders under there. Not to mention you can't even set up straight and the ground is like rough concret. I can't get through the hole now so I don't have to do that anymore. That ain't really funny, better to laugh than cry. You talking about your friend got me to thanking about mine. I haven't talked to her in a week. I don't know what she is doing but I'm busy. We used to meet once a week for lunch. Things changes.

Skeeter~~You need to get that puter in and get i fixed before it's too late. This one is working better than my first one did when it was new. Knock on wood I hope it stays that way. Your flower is so pretty, I would love to see you whole yard, I bet it is a site to see. I lost one of my neon fish yesterday. They was fighting and I guess one of the others hit him too hard. They fight about once a month. I got a feeling it something to do with reproduction things.

I got to get off here I'm falling asleep. Have a great day.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:19 PM   #6  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a quick stop and let you know I'm alive and enjoyed my 4 days off...started Wednesday night after work celebrating my girlfriends 30 something birthday. By Sunday I was so tired from all the running around and parting that hubby and I just vegged all day. My food was sooooo bad that it will take a week or more to get myself back to normal. I've noticed when I over do it with food it's like a hangover, a food hangover and it can take sometime to get over it.

Well got to run, hope we hear from some of the other MIA's.

Marybeth
Old 07-08-2002, 04:48 PM   #7  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I am having computer problems again so this is going to be quick. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I might be down for a few days. I have to run the recovery disc before my warranty service will set up the appointment to fix the computer. Two of the techs think that running the recovery is not going to solve anything but it is their policy. So if you don't hear from me in a while, it is just going to be temporary. I'll be back eventually if I have to buy a new computer. JoJo, that is one cup of water to each box of Jello that you use in the recipe. I sometimes double the recipe. I have found that I can use up to a half of cup of extra water per box of Jell-O but it might not set up right if you use more than that.
Talk to y'all soon.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:01 AM   #8  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm here--Baby Snooks messed up the laptop, but he finally got one of the other computers up and running, so I'm back....if it;s not one thing, it's another! I'll try and catch up with everything here tonight after work--hope all of you are doing well. I don't think I've lost an ounce in a month! I need to get my rear in gear!
Love you all, and I'll check back in either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Sally
224/151/120ish
Old 07-09-2002, 03:54 PM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hi Ladies~~ I've got a min. so decided to come in and write a note. Didn't know anyone had even been in. Now it will take more than a note. My food in going great and I seem to have a handle on it now. I sure hope so, but I know this disease and the obsession can come back in a New York min. I can't hardly wait until Monday and I can weigh in.

Marybeth~~I can tell you that overeating can give you a hang over. If it's sugar, it will be double the hand over. Get yourself back on track as soon as you can. Sometimes it hard to get myself back on track. In fact it's always hard. I got to fight giving into the obsession.

Skeeter~~I can tell you that it is a relief to have a puter that isn't giving me any problems at all. I sure hope you get it fixed, or even better they have to buy you out and you can get a new one. I hope you get it fixed soon, I'll be missing you.

Sally~~Glad your up and running again. Hope you can get back on track and lose the rest of the pounds that you want to lose. Your so close. We'll just have to have a party of some kind.

I've got some bills to write out and bank statements to do. I haven't done them in 3 months. PI is taking all my time. I worked on a lesson this morning from 3:30 AM to 8:00 AM. And it was something that was ugly. I'm going to tell you I didn't want to make it either. But I can't quit. I'm on week 29 now.21 to go.
Old 07-10-2002, 05:13 AM   #10  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Just to let you know that I'm still hanging on to the food plan.
Have a good day.
Marlana
Old 07-10-2002, 07:12 AM   #11  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
Hope you all are having a good one; I need to run and get the kids going to summer camp; I'm starting over AGAIN today on Mr. Food Plan--I want to lose a pound a week if possible. I'm so tired of losing nothing for the last few weeks! Ugh....well, here goes! Mama, you're doing good lately! Good for you staying on your plan like that.
Hope some of our missing folks check in, and Skeeter gets her puter fixed! I know how that is....ours are always broken in some way or another.
Love you all, and talk at you tomorrow,
Sally
224/151/120ish
Old 07-10-2002, 04:57 PM   #12  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hi ya'all,

Short stop as it's getting ready to storm and I'll need to get out of here. Today has been a good day, yesterday was another story. Going to WW Friday no matter what, Ann and I figure since we missed last week it's the only way we'll get outselves back OP.

Later,
Mb
241/179.8/160
Old 07-10-2002, 06:32 PM   #13  

Hello. I was so tired last night that I only got on line to check my email. I dozed in the chair off and on all evening and then when I went to bed I couldn't get to sleep. So I'm dragging my butt today to. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. Maybe if I start falling asleep in the chair, I'll just make myself go to bed for the night. I haven't done that in a long time. My upper back is really bothering me lately. I might just camp out on the couch with the heating pad tonight.

Marlana, dh hates hates hates to get into the crawl space. Luckily ours is about 3 ft deep so its not quite as bad but then again, I've never been in it so I can't say for sure. I just don't think I'd like it much because there are probably creepy spider webs and spiders down there. I hate spiders. I'd rather look at a snake than come face to face with a spider. Yuck. You know, I can't even remember, well I can remember when I weighed just 140lbs, back when I was dating dh. Long time ago. I looked really good back then. I was so proud of my flat tummy. Can't say that now. Maybe someday. I doubt if I ever have a flat stomach again tho. Oh well.

Skeeter, I hope you get your puter fixed. I've got to remember to call so I can get my warranty extended. I hate to spend the money but I just know something will go wrong and I'll be totally without a puter. How would I live then?????????

Mb & Sally, glad to see your checking in. Stop in and stay awhile sometime.

Take care everyone. I've got to get going.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #14  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I have this computer back up and running really good right now. It is working as well as it did when I bought it. Maybe there was no hard drive problem after all. I saved some pictures and stationery on floppies and have loaded those. I have also spent the last two days installing most of things that I had on here before. I want to run it the same in case there is still a problem. My warranty expires near the end of next month.

Marlana~I am so glad to hear that you are back OP. You are so right about falling off the wagon so quickly. I gained back 2# or the 4# that I just lost. I am so sick of that same yo-yo. I am back OP today but having a real fight here. I had to bake some muffins for the Ladies Circle bake sale and they are really calling to me. I can resist the blueberry ones but those double chocolate ones are really screaming to me. I am going to have my grandkids for a week at the end of this month and will have a struggle with food then too. We will be going to vacation bible school every day where I will be helping in the kitchen. That isn't a good place for me.

Sally~Good luck getting back OP. Girl, I am still anxious to see a picture of the new, skinny Sally. See if you can find one in those vacation pictures. I would give this computer to weigh 150 again.

Marybeth~We are getting a lot of afternoon storms in the state but nothing serious in my area. We are so thankful to be getting some rain this month. The burn ban has even been lifted. I hope that you got good news at your WW meeting today. You have done so well so far. Keep up the good work.

JoJo~Getting under the house is another job for husbands. I will never get under this house for any reason. I am terrified of spiders. We all have a phobia and that is mine. Give me snakes any day over spiders. Let's hope that either this thing is fixed or the problem shows up before the end of next month.

Y'all have a good evening.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:01 PM   #15  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
Got home a little early today; I have the girls plus the two across the street--we just got back from lunch

They're funny all together though--Papa has them in the pool for a quick swim before ours have to go to their dad's for the weekend. I suppose the will be here about 6 to pick them up. Thought I'd come in and say howdy; I ate like a little at lunch, so no dinner for Mama tonight. I dug out my Weight Watchers material, and I'm going to start again Monday in earnest...haven't gained, but I still lack over 30 pounds !
Skeeter, did those muffins get you? I have a lot of stuff calling me lately--I must be very, very popular! I just don't want to get in the habit of eating when I'm not hungry like I used to. You'll have fun with those grandkids!
Mama, how's it going? You've been on plan for quite a while, haven't you? I'm very proud of Mama!
JoJo, how's work? We're so similar! Some days it's all I can do to go in in the mornings.....I keep counting the days til I can retire. I guess we should be glad we have a job, though, with the economy like it is. I keep telling myself that, anyway! Gets me through the day!
MaryBeth, you're about to catch up with me! I need to hurry, hurry, hurry! You've done so good! We don't have WW meetings at work anymore....I'm going to have to just use the materials at home, I guess. I have everything I need, now if I can just keep on track. I'll be up your way next summer---we'll both be so skinny then, we won't be able to stand ourselves, will we?
Hope you all have a great weekend, and if I don't see you before, I'll be in Monday. Hope Jen and Tobey and some of our missing folks can check in.
Love you all,
Sally
Closed Thread