Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I do... I see some women here started out with more weight to lose than me and now weigh even less than my own goal weight!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #17  

Well sometimes you can't help but feel this way. On my part, whenever I feel down, I just go to the mall, watch movies or do something that will revive my motivation.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #18  
Baby Stepping Along

I think your siggy banner says it all. This is a lifestyle change and you have to take your time to figure out what lifestyle changes you can and cannot live with. I really believe that you can take all of this too 'seriously' and set yourself up to do things in the interest of weight loss that you will not be able to sustain over the long haul. I came around to weight loss very, very slowly but once I got it going, new habits started sticking a lot more easily because I had made lots of small changes leading up to it. I can now say I really fell off the wagon for a few months and I am finding the habits are coming back fairly quickly so it was sort of like riding a bike.

Hope that helps a bit. Every day that you do something a little better, a little healthier is a good day in my book. Some days you'd be able to do a whole lot better and those days will start to string together and the momentum will come and you will have that new lifestyle.

Peg

ETA: The good thing is that you are sort of chafing at things so it is probably a good time to make some strides forward but I wouldn't focus on how much better it might have been if you'd done it sooner. Just get rollin'

Last edited by p7eggyc; 06-14-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: One more thought...
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #19  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
So, Suzan... I think you actually answered your own question or statement... Of course you are far behind if you aren't doing anything what you think you should be doing. If you were in a race, and the start gun went off and everyone took off but you, you would be eventually pretty far behind right?

What's stopping you? You know what you "should" do, why not just do it? Do it for one day. Then do it the next day. And the next. Until it's a week, two weeks, a month... Just start Suzan, at least then you'll be IN the race and not standing around watching others run far away from you.
Oh my Goodness, I need people to face me and talk to me like that. I dont know what is stopping me I know I can do it because I have done it before, it is just that I feel always tired and stressed from my life. I just need motivation from someone around me. I feel lonely and unmotivated most of the time.
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #20  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I very seldom say this at 3FC but ... Suzan ... you are just plain wrong.

There are people here who have not lost anything, some who've lost a little, some who've lost a lot and some who've gained. And, PTL, there's lots of each.

There is no "shoulda by now". The only thing your history is good for is retrospective learning. Today can be entirely different than any day in your past because of all the things you've learned. Today, tomorrow ....

Just make today somewhat better than yesterday.
I know that some people have lost a little, others more, others none. I am not talking about the efforts of everyone here, it's about me, how I feel. I just look around me, and I know people take a LOT of time to reach their goal, its just that when I looked at some goal pics in here, it hit me something like 'what r u waiting for? time is passing and you are doing nothing'
Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #21  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
Stop comparing yourself to others!

I'm taking this WL slow this time. All the times in the past I'd lose it quicklyish, and then just burn out and stop all together, and then gain it all back.

Its taken me almost 3 years to just lose over 50 lbs. Yes its going slowly, and yes it would go more quickly if I was more hard core, and never cheated and worked out more - but I know me. And if I do that, I get burned out and quit. And I dont want to quit this time, and I also dont want to be on a diet the rest of my life.

But thats just me. Do what works for you, and dont worry about others!!
I am not comparing myself to others! I am just slapping my head to wake up. I just feel behind, not to others, but to time! I feel like time is passing by and I am stuck here.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #22  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post
One thing I would suggest is making a pro and con list for weight loss. That might help you move into more consistent action.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
Thanks, I will do that now.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

OK then, lets just use this part of my answer

There is no "shoulda by now". The only thing your history is good for is retrospective learning. Today can be entirely different than any day in your past because of all the things you've learned. Today, tomorrow ....

You can approach today armed with the knowledge you've learn ... up until today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #24  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7eggyc View Post
I think your siggy banner says it all. This is a lifestyle change and you have to take your time to figure out what lifestyle changes you can and cannot live with. I really believe that you can take all of this too 'seriously' and set yourself up to do things in the interest of weight loss that you will not be able to sustain over the long haul. I came around to weight loss very, very slowly but once I got it going, new habits started sticking a lot more easily because I had made lots of small changes leading up to it. I can now say I really fell off the wagon for a few months and I am finding the habits are coming back fairly quickly so it was sort of like riding a bike.

Hope that helps a bit. Every day that you do something a little better, a little healthier is a good day in my book. Some days you'd be able to do a whole lot better and those days will start to string together and the momentum will come and you will have that new lifestyle.

Peg

ETA: The good thing is that you are sort of chafing at things so it is probably a good time to make some strides forward but I wouldn't focus on how much better it might have been if you'd done it sooner. Just get rollin'
Thanks, you are right.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:57 AM   #25  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
OK then, lets just use this part of my answer

You can approach today armed with the knowledge you've learn ... up until today.
Thank you, you are right!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #26  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzan View Post
Oh my Goodness, I need people to face me and talk to me like that. I dont know what is stopping me I know I can do it because I have done it before, it is just that I feel always tired and stressed from my life. I just need motivation from someone around me. I feel lonely and unmotivated most of the time.
One of the best cures for feeling tired and stressed - is a healthy diet and being at a healthy weight. You've got to look at "it" in that way,
I would also urge you to stop focusing on your immediate gratification (the unhealthy quick fix food) and start looking at your LONG TERM SATISFACTION (healthy foods in healthy quantities that will benefit you long after you're done chewing)

Good eating/good health begets more good eating and good health. So just START. MAke a VOW. One day at a time. Give yourself that one great day of good eating. And then another. And another. Before you know it, you'll be in a groove. You'll be feeling better and want to keep on going and going and going.

Make a plan. Map out a food schedule AHEAD of time. This won't happen on it's own. YOU'VE GOT TO PLAN IN OUT IN ADVANCE. Get rid of the junk - ADD in healthy, tasty nutritious food - that will work FOR YOU, not AGAINST YOU.

Require more from yourself. Stop waiting, and wishing and wanting and hoping. Take some positive ACTION. Find out who you were really meant to be. Go for it!!!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-15-2009 at 07:28 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote