Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

all the wonderful ppl on this site motivate me!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #17  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I actually enjoy the journey.
I'm starting to feel the same way!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #18  
Depressed

S/C/G: 188/185/129

Height: 5'9"

Angry the pictures

What motivates me is the pictures not the mirror. For some reason the mirror doesn't show the same thing as the pictures to me, I see it in the mirror but the pictures show a much more gruesome tale, they're just heartbreaking to me and I hate them, I hate them so much that when I don't feel like working out anymore I pull them up, print them out, etc. and just loathe them until I can't stand it anymore (which usually only takes a few minutes).

baby phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I'm motivated by thinking of how incredible I want to look in a bikini this summer.

vain, I know. but it's the truth! (for now)
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #20  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I have always had the desire to lose weight and look amazing.... but that motivation to eat right and exercise always seemed to wane after a few weeks or a month. I guess what made it different for me this time around was changing my focus. I decided (at 205 lbs) that I was going to run a 5k in September, no matter what. If I weighed 200 lbs at the time of the 5k, that would be fine. But my goal was to become a runner. So what motivates me now is seeing results... results in terms of a faster time, a longer distance. Looking back and thinking "wow! I just ran that!" when eight weeks ago I could not run for more than a minute.

Don't get me wrong, losing the weight in the meantime has been awesome. But for me, it was changing my focus... so that even when the scale doesn't cooperate, I can still say "But I ran 15 minutes straight yesterday," and feel good about how far I've come.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #21  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm motivated by results and commitment. It is pushing me further than I thought I could go. I am so excited about this journey, no matter how tough, how scary, it's exciting.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Currently, I'm motivated by my decision to enter a bodybuilding competition in August. I already paid my NPC fee and told everyone I'd be competing. I know the exact date and while I am sure I will be a nervous wreck, I am just going to DO IT!

Other things that have motivated me in the past are:

*Seeing "thin" pictures of myself. Before I got fat, I was thin. I loved getting my picture taken back then and even did a little modeling. I looked at some of those professional pictures then looked in the mirror and thought, "WELL, if you looked like that once, MAYBE you can look like that again!"

*Seeing "fat" pictures of myself... I refused to let anyone take a picture of my body at my HW. Still, when I was under the influence of alcohol (and always reverted back to my "hot" /flirtacious/confident self), pictures happened. I saw them and didn't like them. I still don't, so they are a huge motivation for me to stay un-fat.

*"Thin" clothes. I wore the same five outfits in rotation, as I refused to buy more "fat" clothes than necessary. That left me with an entire closet full of clothes I couldn't wear. If you've never been thin before, go buy some clothes in your goal size and tell yourself how amazing it will be when you can actually fit them.

*"Cattle" calls. The mean people yelling things like, "FATTY!" and "MOOOOO COW!" made me want to cry, but they also motivated me because I knew one day, I'd be running or biking and getting honks and whistles of approval, instead. I get 'em all the time now

*Seeing progress, muscles, and getting compliments and attention for my weight loss. The dramatic reaction I get from people who haven't seen me since my HW is just PRICELESS.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I was primarily motivated by health. I was scared of getting diabetes - my parents have it, and two sisters have had gestational diabetes. And also not just future health, but in the present - I was only 39 and feeling creaky and stiff and tired all the time.

But I'm not without a little vanity too.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

To feel Confident.!
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #25  

Height: 5'11

Great idea! Theres quite a few things that motivates me....

* My health..Ive lost too many very close people to cancer and it totally scares me to death.
* Summer!
* My "OMG im not really that fat am I?" Pictures!
* The fact that I want to look cute in a cycling uniform one day.
* The fact that I have came so far to give up now. I can do it!
* I love my boyfriends reaction to my weight loss and I want something for him to brag about lol.
* All the comments on how great im looking.
* The fact that im getting smaller and my ex is getting fatter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #26  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I this is a little crazy but okay, lol. I am a huge geek, and I always thought Jessica Rabbit and Barbara Gordon (BatGirl) was so pretty. I have naturally red hair and brown eyes and one thing that keeps me going is the thought of dressing up as one of the two for halloween one day or something and looking the part.
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/159/140

Height: 5'7"

The fact that my graduation is less than a month away!
Lovely91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Fun Thread!

Oh...so many things motivate me! Definitely kids and family first! I'm a stay at home mom and last school year my son, in 3rd grade at the time, begged me to be a "room mom" for his class, and I wouldn't because I was so afraid that the kids in his class would pick on him because of his grossly overweight mother. The hurt in his eyes was more than I could take. I vowed I would NEVER turn down such a request again! I made a choice to have children and part of that choice is to be a MOTHER, not some excuse making, closet eating, morbidly obese, blob.

Living is my next motivation. It's so great to be alive, and mobile, and active and not ashamed anymore.

And as naughty as it is, a motivating factor in keeping it off is the rumors I have heard that I won't! I just can't wait to prove the busy-bodies wrong! Oh the sweet smell of success....Please God, let me keep the motivation!
Now this is a great mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
I have always had the desire to lose weight and look amazing.... but that motivation to eat right and exercise always seemed to wane after a few weeks or a month. I guess what made it different for me this time around was changing my focus. I decided (at 205 lbs) that I was going to run a 5k in September, no matter what. If I weighed 200 lbs at the time of the 5k, that would be fine. But my goal was to become a runner. So what motivates me now is seeing results... results in terms of a faster time, a longer distance. Looking back and thinking "wow! I just ran that!" when eight weeks ago I could not run for more than a minute.

Don't get me wrong, losing the weight in the meantime has been awesome. But for me, it was changing my focus... so that even when the scale doesn't cooperate, I can still say "But I ran 15 minutes straight yesterday," and feel good about how far I've come.
Now this is SUCCESS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:51 AM   #29  

what motivates me is seeing the results and knowing im getting closer and closer to my goal weight.
dwizzlex10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 151/130/125

Height: 5 foot 4

- Looking great at my college graduation
- Being a hot bridesmaid at a friend's upcoming wedding
- Not being self-conscious about my body anymore
- Upstaging all the "popular" kids I used to go to high school with
- Being healthy and happy
socal17 is offline   Reply With Quote