Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:59 PM   #31  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Challengers I feel great today! I've been so OP and feel confident that my loss next Monday will be good again. I guess I was just 'half' kidding when I said I was disappointed. Heck, 5 pounds is 5 pounds is 5 pounds.......so yes, I'm happy with it and just know that come Monday, I will be less again.

JenJen ~ I have always wanted to have a personal trainer although I've never inquired as to the cost. Are they hourly? I belong to a gym and just never go. CRAZY!! I need to get started again. Good luck with your routine.

mota ~ good luck with your own 21-day challenge. We're gonna do it, I know we will.

Es ~ where you at girl??

super_mom ~ hope all is well with you too.

Have a great evening ladies.......nighty

Zoe <><
Old 06-13-2002, 06:59 PM   #32  

Smile Would like to join

Hi ladies, my name is Cathy, and I am new on these message boards. I know it is mid June, but I would like to join in with you if I can on pounds lost by labor day. I have been on ww for two weeks now. My weight in day is on Wed. I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks. I know the first week or two is a lot of water. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a week. I'm hoping that will give me a 30 pound weight loss by labor day. Keep up the good work ladies. Your all doing very well. "God Bless." Cathy
Old 06-13-2002, 09:30 PM   #33  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Hello ladies...

Todays gone by fast and its been good. I stepped on the scale this morning and i've lost 6 pounds. I feel good. Day 1 of my 21 days is down...only 20 more to go.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. A break from life for me. My weekdays are very....hmm...to find the right word(s)...long? full of stuff? busy...My weekdays are very busy. I need my two day vacation. Oh to get away from the stress of school.

Hello Cathy!! Welcome. We'd be glad to have you. Good for you on the 7 pounds. Good luck.

Have a great night everyone!!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:27 AM   #34  

Angry

Zoe, I'm back. I wasn't online much the past 2 weeks. Some stress going on at home but it's getting better. I must admit I haven't started faithfully OP yet but I haven't given up. My goals for this coming week are to exercise 4 days & start journaling. Journaling has been my downfall. I try to guess what I ate through out the day. It just ain't happening.

Welcome to our group Cathy. I've been MIA for a while but this is my support, these boards. Hope we can help eachother. Way to go on your loss

Mota, great loss for you too Congrats! Hope you can get some R & R this weekend. Sounds like it's well deserved. I have my nephew's party tomorrow & it's going to be a barbecue. Hopefully it doesn't rain. Enjoy your weekend.

jenjen, exercise is the key to weight loss. Sure people can lose weight without it but they lose muscle. My husband & my brother are very much into exercise especially weight training. My bro is a presonal trainer & I've seen the results in his clients. If you can afford it go for it. You won't regret it.

Well Girls, I'm feeling motivated today. Got to stay focused & not let the stressors of life get the best of us. There are some things we can't control but our weight is not one of them. WE Can Do This. We gotta Just Do It.

Hugs to all, Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 06-14-2002 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:11 PM   #35  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Happy Friday my friends!! I love Friday nights. To be honest, Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Why? Because I can sleep in (for me, that's 7am), do whatever I want or need to do and when evening comes, I don't have to think about getting up for work the next day. So it's a GREAT day of the week.

I was good again this week. Not perfect today ~ it was a "big 4-0" at work for a good friend so her choice for lunch was Mexican food. I had a taco salad but ate too many chips. I also had a piece of cake but it was SMALL. We had pizza for dinner and even though that isn't too bad in moderation, I feel like I cheated BIG TIME. I suppose I did but I'm not going to get deterred. I snuck a peek at the scale today, 3 days too early and it said that I have lost 9 pounds in less that 2 weeks. I hope I hold that number, come Monday morning after todays down fall so I can post it in my signature. I'm picking myself back up

Cathy ~ Welcome to our group!! Of course you can join in our challenge. You're on your way with a great loss of 7 pounds. Keep up the good work. I am sure that 30 pounds by Labor Day is VERY possible.

mota ~ Wow, 6 pounds!! WTG!! You have to be walking on air. Congrats!! Hope your weekend, er, I mean your 2 day vacation, is great

Es ~ good to see you again. I get that way too, just too much going on to get online sometimes. WTG on that goal of exercise. I really need to get my butt in gear too. Why am I so lazy when it comes to exercise.

Well y'all, I'm outta here. Have a wonderful Friday evening and I'll talk to you's all tomorrow. Nighty.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:28 AM   #36  

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend is going well.

EsRios426, thank you for the warm welcome. I hope you can get some R & R this weekend. Stress can be hard on us. Good luck with your journaling. I don't like to journal every night, but I force myself to. It keeps me on track.

mota, thank you for the warm welcome. Wow! 6 pounds that's "GREAT." Congrats!

zoe, thank you for the warm welcome. These message boards are great. Everyone is so nice. It's so nice to have the support of all you wonderful ladies. I have a long ways to go. I have to lose 128 pounds. I just take small steps at a time. That is a little easier for me that way. Congratulations on your 9 pound loss. Good luck Monday with your weight in.

JenJen, & Super_mom2, I just want to say hi! It's nice to meet you.

Have a nice weekend. "God Bless."
Old 06-15-2002, 11:02 AM   #37  

Angry

Hello everyone!!

Good Saturday morning to all!!

Seems to be a lot of weight loss around here. Congrats to everyone who's losing!! Wish I could say I've lost some but I stepped on the scale yesterday--and it hasn't moved Still at a steady 200. I'm having trouble with the excercising now. My hubby is working 2nd's. No sitter and he's using my car since his was totaled.

Welcome Cathy --this is a great place!! I haven't been here too long but have really began to like the support and conversaton here.

--shanni
Old 06-15-2002, 03:51 PM   #38  

Unhappy

Hi Girls,

Thank God for my faith in the Lord cause if not I would have had a nervous breakdown. I was in the ER yesterday with my hubby(Pete) till late. I had to call an ambulance. He fell to the floor around 3:00 in the kitchen & couldn't get up. He was in so much pain with spasms on his legs. I've never seen anything like it. It was horrible. They think he had a side affect to some very strong meds. he's on. He's home now. He's been sleeping all day from all the drugs they gave him. They couldn't stop the spasms! They gave him Percocet, morphine, muscle relaxers plus 2 injections. So forget about journaling & thinking of being OP. Tomorrow is a new day.

I'll try & be back later.

Love,
Es

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Zoe, Mota, JenJen, Cathy & Shanni

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads
Old 06-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #39  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Es ~ Oh my goodness!! I am praying that Pete is feeling better now. How horrible for him (and for you, you must have been worried SICK!). Please let us know how he is doing.

Zoe <><
Old 06-15-2002, 04:24 PM   #40  

Oh My Es I just read about your husband. My husband had the same thing happen to him back in May. He started having spasms in his hand and they slowly progressed to his whole arm and then his whole upper body! It was scary. (Since he had been in the car accident the month before we were totally worried.) I had to call an ambulance too. They gave him medicine and it quit finally, after about 3 hours of the uncontrollable spasms. They sent him home and said it shouldn't happen again. He had had a lot of tight muscles since the accident and they said that was what caused it. The next day it started again. And this time it came on quick. We were already in town so I just rushed him to the ER. They couldn't stop them this time. And he was in ICU for the first night. He ended up staying in the hospital for a week. They ran all kinds of tests including MRI's, catscans, etc. And since they weren't finding any answers they said he was doing it on purpose! No way! They finally decided they think it was just an allergic reaction to some medicine he was taking for pain. It was so scary!! That was a really rough week. I know how you must feel!

I hope he gets feeling better soon! I'll keep you in my prayers!!

--shanni
Old 06-16-2002, 09:59 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been AWOL. Been a busy week & weekend.

Cathy, Welcome to our group & congrats on the loss. That is great.

Zoe, The trainer is hourly, but you can buy a different number of hours. The more hours you buy, the lower the hourley rate becomes. Here it's averaging to about $40/hour.

Mota, Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Sounds like you stay very busy.

Es, I hope your husband is doing better. I've had my share of trips to the ER with family members, so I know it's not fun. You're in my prayers.

Shanni, Hope you had a good weekend. Don't worry you'll break that 200 mark in no time!

I have been to the gym once. I'm planning on going in the morning before work. Boy, am I out of shape! I went to my family's for the weekend, and basically ate my way through the past two days. I knew it would happen. Tomorrow is a new day & the beginning of a new week. I will do better!

Hope y'all are doing well & have a great week. I'll check in later.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:06 PM   #42  

Good evening everyone!

The weekend was beautiful. I did a lot of outside work. I picked green peppers out of my garden, opened my pool, finished planting flowers, and enjoyed the fresh air. My father passed away Janurary 25th, of this year. I was very close to him. I seen him every day of my life. He only lived 2 blocks from me. I cooked for him, took care of him, we went to movies, we were always doing something together. I went to the cemetery today. It was very hard for me. I usually go there twice a week. I just sat in the garden over there and cried. My dad will always be with me, but I just can't help this hole in my heart. I don't mean to sound blue.

JenJen, thank you for the warm welcome. I hope you're enjoying yourself at the gym. Don't worry about the weekend, tomarrow is a new day. Everyone needs that once in a while.

Shanni, thank you for the warm welcome. You will break you mark soon. Remember you have all of us to support you. Your doing great.

ES, I sure hope your husband is doing better. I will say a prayer for both of you.

Hi Zoe, & Mota

I hope everyone has a great week. Good Luck & "God Bless." Cathy
Old 06-16-2002, 11:58 PM   #43  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello ladies!!! So much for my 2 day vacation. It was over before it even started. My professor decided to assign the class with tons of group work which meant having the group get together over the weekend to get it all done. Did my group get together? Nope. They all decided to let me do it on my own. What choice did I have? I had to do it. I've got to get a 4.0 GPA to get into the nursing program. So here I am Sunday night doing everything for class. Also my nephew decided he wanted to be with no one else but me over the weekend. Sleeping, playing, watching tv, ect. had to be done with his aunt. He's developed a high pitch scream, so of course he gets his way or we all hear ringing for the next 24 hours. So my weekend has been like any other weekday. One day I'll have time to myself.

Es, I'm so sorry to hear about Pete. Both of you will be in my prayers. Stay strong and take care.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #44  

Angry

Hello

Thanks for the prayers. Pete is doing much better.
Shanni, reading what your hubby went thru gave me goose bumps cause that was the same symtoms Pete had except it was his legs. Very scary. My husband is very much into fitness & eats healthy. He got tatoos 30 yrs ago & in 1992 was diagnosed with Hep C. There's this new medication that can reverse the virus but there are horrible side affects. The Dr. told him to stop it for now & I'm so glad. He was so moody while he was on it & now I have my best friend back again. I stayed home from work today. I guess with all the stress I have a headache & to top it off I pulled my back. I think it was because when he fell I tried to pick him up, 170 lbs.

mota, you must be a fun aunt to hang out with. Sorry you couldn't get the R & R you wanted. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Since we've become buddies I think we should know a little about eachother.

Here's me I'm 48 yrs. old. I'm a secretary for a legal office & this July I'll be there 14 yrs. I was born in the Bronx but have been in Long Island for 25 yrs. I have a son 31 yrs. old & have been married to Pete 21 yrs. I got pregnant very young, got married & had to get divorced because of the abuse. Now I have a wonderful husband & my son is very close to the two of us. I have a chihuahua & cat too. My dog, Susie is 9 yrs old. She is my baby. My cat is 16 yrs, old & she's like a cranky old lady
I've been a WW since the 80's but never got to lifetime cause I never stuck it out long enough. My favorite program was the Selections. I did very well on that one. I've been so off program the last couple of days & didn't exercise. Today is Monday, new start over week.

Cathy, sorry about your Dad. We will always miss our loved ones who aren't here with us anymore. My Dad passed away in 1993 & my Mom in 1984. I still miss them.

JenJen, you are doing something great for your body. Working out is good for us mentally & physically. Keep up the good work

Hi Zoe I haven't been the our 40's thread in a while. I'll be there later.

Well, gotta go feed my pets.

Have a great day everybody

Hugs,
Es
Old 06-17-2002, 08:04 AM   #45  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Happy Monday!

Hello my friends ~

Well, it's Monday, weigh day......I have finished week #2 in it's entirety and I am please to announce another 4.5 pounds!! Woo Hoo!!! A grand total of 9.5.....that's 9 1/2......wow, nine and a half pounds!!! I am so excited. Only a half a pound from my first mini goal and I have 2 weeks till the 4th of July.

Ok, enough of my dancing around. I have to run to work now but I'll be back tonight.

Have a wonderful Monday,

Last edited by Zoe; 06-20-2002 at 06:18 PM.
Closed Thread