Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

Default I am amazed, how is this happening?

I had my moment today inside the dressing room, the moment I realized, that I'm actually losing weight. I'm actually doing this. And it felt amazing.

I cant even believe it. It's like, how am I so lucky that this is actually working? I've never been lucky in the past, why now? Its all just so surreal. I'm not the person who can commit to somthing, or commit to somthing and actually have it work. Especially somthing like dieting. I guess since I'm not looking it as a diet, but more of a healthy lifestyle, has helped a little.

Only a few months ago, I was a size 24. 5'4 274lb was my all time high. I walked into Lane Bryant today weighing 216, and saw the cutest outfit in the world. I thought this is so cute, but it will never fit me. A size 18, it fit and it looked great! And I just have to say, my a** looked amazing lol. I have never felt so confident about my butt.

I just could not believe it, and still do not believe this is all happening. For the longest time, I was in denial that I was losing any weight. I guess out of fear that I was succeeding. I saw the number on the scale go down, but in my mind and my heart I was still that 275lb girl, and I felt I still looked it.

I'm so happy that I'm finally realising that I'm doing this, I dont know what it is but aparently it's working. And I'm pumped. It just gives me all the more motivation to keep on going.

Sorry for my rambles, I just had to share the excitment. I havnt felt this confident about my body in years.

Oh and aparently my boobs shrunk. Like can that happen? Honestly? I had read in places that it could happen, but I never would have actually believed it. I went from a 42DD to a 40D! I have never in my life been a D. Not that I remember at least. It's kind of sad really, I loved my DD's lol. But I don't care, it's worth it for my health and losing weight.

Last edited by x0me880x; 01-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default so happy for you

I am so happy for you. This is fantastic.
First off, I want to say, this is not luck, you have done what it takes, with eating and/or exercise to get here. You deserve your new body, and that new outfit. You really earned it.
Aside here: I think if we can afford it, new clothes are a great reward for our successes. Much better than my friend who goes out and orders a big dessert!

Also, your Ds will likely look as good or better than the DDs cause they will "stand out" better against a slimmer you!
I for one am really impressed and glad you have a great butt in your new clothes.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Wow. Congratulations. You have taken the steps and have earned this. Go girl! Strut your stuff because remember, your a** looks amazing!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/179/130

Height: 5'4"

Way to go! What a great feeling! So encouraging to hear your story!
wenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Great job on your success! It is certainly interesting when our minds start to catch up with our bodies. I have many days when I still can't believe that I've lost weight. It's an awesome feeling to hit the dressing room and realize something much smaller fits and how cool is that to feel that your bum looks amazing! It's happening, you are doing it! Keep up the awesome work!

Yep...the boobs can and will shrink. I've gone down a cup size as well. I'm not complaining at all.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations....but...

This is not about luck! "Luck" doesn't make healthy food choices for you. "Luck" doesn't get you to the gym. YOU do that.

Take the credit where it is due!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #7  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! you have worked very hard and done an excellent job. Its so nice when you finally start seeing your hard work paying off, is it?
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Congrats! I can't wait until I get to buy smaller clothes!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #9  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I'm giggling with glee for you reading your post - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you for posting this. I have had that moment long ago and you gave me a boost for something for which to look forward!

It's not luck hun, YOU did it yourself so take the credit and keep going, keep going, keep going, yeah!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #10  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Keep up the good work! Yep, it is work, not luck, but you can see the payoff,now! I've actually had days where I've wondered if my scale was just broken and I really hadn't lost any weight at all, but then I try on my old jeans to prove it to myself And, yes, boobs do shrink-unfortunately, I only had B's to start with. Oh, well.....

You're doing great! Keep it up!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I am soooo happy for you!!! It is hard to wrap our minds around the fact that we have lost weight. Especially when we have sooo far to go... it feels like we haven't gotten anywhere. But trying on a cute outfit in a much smaller size and having it fit...well...there's the proof. YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! And seeing an awesome looking A** is just another wonderful bonus to fitting into that smaller outfit!! YOU GO GIRL!!! Keep up the great job and have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #12  
No description available.

Yup. Not luck at all. Just hard work & consistent effort. You made that happen! I am thrilled for you!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm thrilled for you!!! Your weight loss was not luck. It was hard work and perseverance, Oh and hey...about those D's you got going...you did get LUCKY there!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-30-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/232/140

Height: 5'4

That is sooooo awesome. Your story really has me excited... and motivated!!!
Candi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations! I can't wait until I feel the same way. You've motivated me for the rest of the day. Shake that a * *!!!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote